This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +Ranged Accuracy/+Ranged Attack Gear 1-75

Planning on starting ranger soon, and if you've seen me over in the Ninja thread, I like to make lists

Only gonna list major items (i.e. expensive items or really good stat items). Not gonna bother listing gear you would normally upgrade only for defense. Also not gonna TOUCH ranged weapon, as I am heavily biased towards marksmanship for those who have read my other threads...

So here goes: MAJOR ARMOR EQUIPMENT levels 1-75
    (at least my upgrade path)

Melee weapon: Beestinger -> Archer's Knife -> Hawker's Knife+1 -> Fransisca -> Kriegsbeil

Head: Royal Footman's Bandana -> Emperor's Hairpin -> AF -> War Beret -> Optical Hat

Body: Noct+1 -> AF -> Kirin's Osode

Hand: Wool Cuffs+1 -> Noct+1 -> AF -> Crimson Finger Gauntlets -> Seriyu's Kote

Legs: Martial Slacks -> Republic Cuisses -> Noct+1 -> AF -> Dusk Trousers / Crimson Cuisses (swap out when in motion)

Feet: Leaping Boots -> Strider Boots (keep for when in motion) -> War Boots -> Dynamis Boots

Neck: Feather Collar+1 -> Ranger Necklace -> Jagd Gorget (if can't afford Peacock Charm) -> Peacock Charm

Earring: Anything -> Drone/Gening Earring -> Fenrir's Earring

Ring: Bone+1 -> Beetle+1 -> Horn+1 -> Carapace+1 -> Scorpion+1 -> Merman's Ring / Behemoth Ring

Waist: Anything -> Merc Captain's Belt -> Royal Knight's Belt +2 -> Sonic Belt +1

Back: Anything -> Nomad's Mantle+1 -> Amemite Mantle+1

Anyone have anything to add to this?

I would look at RSE for hands pre-AF. (Unless you can get mage cuffs, good luck.) The vit bonus is pretty outstanding for the when you get hit

For feet you should pick up republic greaves at 34 if you're serious about being an acc/Racc whore, and swap them in as needed. They and the bastokan ones pretty much own leaping boots if the area you're hunting in is under your control.

Head - Royal footmans bandana, lvl 10

Feather collar+1... Don't mess with it. It's not worth it for the
    amount of time you'll be using it.

Legs... Republic/bastokan cuisses at 34 after the subligar

Comment

Re: +Ranged Accuracy/+Ranged Attack Gear 1-75

Originally posted by Narru
      Also not listing any Dynamis items, so please don't suggest them.
      Why not?
      Just do it.

There are 3 kinds of lies: Lies,Damn Lies, and Statistics

Comment

because dynamis requires a huge group of lvl 70+ people and most relic pieces are just for show and suck, esp for ranger.

Comment

Besides the ranged weapons, the only Dynamis piece I'd use would be the boots. Guess I'll update the list to compensate for that. For all other slots, non-dynamis items beat it out.

Didn't want to list RSE because well, different races have different RSE. So while Wonder Mittens might make sense for example, Savage Gauntlets would not.

Also didn't want to list those items that only boost when the area is under your nation's control. For some pieces it's worth it to swap out when fighting in that area, but for others (like legs) I don't think it's worth it. Rather have +5 Ranged Attack all the time (Republic Subligar) instead of +7 Ranged Attack (Republic Cuisses) only if fighting in an area your nation controls. Of course, if you're male and refuse to wear any type of subligars (I don't blame ya ^^) sure go ahead with the cuisse.

But thanks for the suggestions greysenn, I'll make updates to the original list.

Comment

Hey now..

(at least my upgrade path)
            Hence the RSE. :D You might honesty get more benefit out of mithra RSE feet too than leaping. I really think it's better to go mostly Racc with attack/str items than all acc for various softcap reasons.

Comment

Martial Slacks at 24.

Sorry, Rangers can't use Republic Subligar, unfortunately.
              Jobs as of 29 Sep 04

RNG-56, NIN-49, WAR-40, THF-39, PLD-33, SAM-31.

Windurst Rank 6

Comment

the (dynamis) AF2 boots are the best rng boots in game.
                the AF2 pants are very good too. of course dusk trousers are better, but AF2 is free ~_^

also, seriyu's kote are better than crimon finger gauntlets (and drop from the same god HNM that drops the finger gauntlets abjuration)

Comment

Originally posted by Cylus
                  Martial Slacks at 24.

Sorry, Rangers can't use Republic Subligar, unfortunately.
                  Omg, oversight...guess I was still in my NIN mindset >.< I'll correct. Thanks for pointing this out.

Originally posted by voodoo
                  also, seriyu's kote are better than crimon finger gauntlets (and drop from the same god HNM that drops the finger gauntlets abjuration)
                  Hmm, I thought I had Seriyu's up there before... might have been erased when I tried to edit the post. I'll put it back up.

Comment

Might want to edit your other posts in this thread since they still talk about subligar and new readers may be confused. ^_^
                    Jobs as of 29 Sep 04

RNG-56, NIN-49, WAR-40, THF-39, PLD-33, SAM-31.

Windurst Rank 6

Comment

I think that the ranger necklace is better than the peacock charm and that the crimson finger gauntlets are better than the seiryu's kote. Those are still fine items for a ranger though.

A ranger has a ton of accuracy items already plus 4 accuracy bonuses plus sharpshot so I feel that it's better to have a balance ranged accuracy and attack.
                      Just do it.

There are 3 kinds of lies: Lies,Damn Lies, and Statistics

Comment

i too think peacock charm is unnecessary. I would get the kotes over the gauntlets if I still sub war in the upper 70s, but if I have a /nin, definately the gauntlets.

Comment

Originally posted by poweryoga
                          i too think peacock charm is unnecessary. I would get the kotes over the gauntlets if I still sub war in the upper 70s, but if I have a /nin, definately the gauntlets.
                          I feel that with so many gear items doing -accuracy +ranged acc, having the +10 from peacock charm and +10 from optical hat would outweigh the negatives and still allow you to melee for TP instead of whiffing when you melee.

But yes if you're hitting 90+% of your shots, swapping Peacock Charm for Ranger's Necklace would make sense.

Comment

Ranger's necklace will never be better than peacock charm imo.I myself have been using it since 33 and it helps to build tp alot faster than rng necklace.Hardly miss on a It enemy with maxed dagger skill.Its the dream equip everyone rng wants

Comment

With the melee weapons, there may be a spot in there for the Junior Musketeer Tuck +1/+2. (Especially given that for endgame purposes, having sword leveled is valuable in certain situations).

For earrings, those who /nin may choose to use a Suppanomimi.

Waist – I don’t find much value in the speed belt given haste/slow does not effect ranged attacks, though you could make a case for it helping gain TP quicker. Depending on your race however, one of the lvl 70 rse belts may be of value. The Ocean Sash for Hume, Jungle Sash for Mithra and Desert Sash for Galka are all valid choices.

In regard to the Seiryu Kote vs. Crimson Gauntlet, all cursed gear has a drawback if you look at the stats, it just so happens that the negative effect of crimson gear is not listed. As it turns out, wearing crimson gear turns you into a dragon type mob and thus susceptible to the dragon killer effect (paralysis) when fighting mobs of that type. For example, you wouldn’t want to be wearing crimson gear when fighting Fafnir, as my LS recently discovered.

Comment

Working...
                              X