Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a ? i was in the dunes fighting and is there something wrong with my char

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a ? i was in the dunes fighting and is there something wrong with my char

The Basics

I am a lv 9/pup & lv 4/mnk

My H2H is maxed out at 27 for its lv

I have 42 attack/ 48 Def

my armor is of following

I have all lv 8 armor and a cape which gives 1 def

Now the prob is was Lobo and I were hitting right and left but missing 70% of the time and i was doing 1-3 dmg a hit.

Is there anything i can do to hit harder and land more attacks

keep inmind i am borke

Re: I have a ? i was in the dunes fighting and is there something wrong with my char

Puppetmasters have C rank hand to hand. Not much you can do about that except stack as much accuracy as you can. Given that you don't have a lot of extra funds... I have no recommendations for you except to stop levelling for a while and accumulate some money. You're going to need it later to buy automaton parts anyway, so levelling on without reasonable gear is just asking for trouble.

Icemage

Comment

Re: I have a ? i was in the dunes fighting and is there something wrong with my char

He was lvl 9 in the dunes, which can be rough. I’d sudgest soloing bees or worms in konchat instead.
      Galka Cor 75/Rng 37 Bst 75/Nin 37 Blm 75/Whm 38
      Taru Rdm 61 / Blm 41 *retired*
      Mithra - Rdm 53, Pld 45, Blm 38, War 23, whm 36 *retired*

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
        Puppetmasters have C rank hand to hand. Not much you can do about that except stack as much accuracy as you can. Given that you don't have a lot of extra funds... I have no recommendations for you except to stop levelling for a while and accumulate some money. You're going to need it later to buy automaton parts anyway, so levelling on without reasonable gear is just asking for trouble.

Icemage
        C+ ^_^

also puppetmaster's ranger automation is very hard to level its skill. i think you should start with it seeing the other two are easy to skill up
        Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

I think the problem was just the fact that you are of that level in the dunes. I don't go anywhere near the dunes until i am at least level 10 because things tend to be too tough for parties lower than that. The C+ in hand-to-hand doesn't matter much at until you reach around level 50 from my experience. The gap in skill caps between jobs doesn't even really start growing distant until about 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Silkiv
            He was lvl 9 in the dunes, which can be rough. I’d sudgest soloing bees or worms in konchat instead.
            I agree. Don't even bother touching the dunes until Lvl 10.5 (that is, half-way to 11).

Comment

Originally posted by Thoris
              there something wrong with my char
              Hmmm....

Originally posted by Thoris

I am a lv 9/pup & lv 4/mnk

I am borke
              Woomp, there it is. Don't mix PUP and 'borke.' Actually, don't mix being borke with anything.

For real though, you were just a little weak to be in the Dunes yet.

and you were borke.

Comment

I'll have to concur, you will have a much easier time fighting DCs and EMs in the Highlands than trying to fight T lizards in the Dunes. Plus the fact that I believe lizards have an Evasion Boost mode (Secretion) which is probably why you're missing so much. If you do feel that you should be in the Dunes, try fighting the night bats during nighttime and/or sand bats found in the caves. They're easier to hit. Just be careful, they link.

If you feel you still need better accuracy, you can go for the Optical Earring (http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7015). This drops from a lottery spawn nm in N. Gustaberg. Saplings are its placeholder, which also drop grain seeds. Not sure about your server, but a stack of grain seeds sells for 20-30k on mine. You also have Stinging Sophie close by (Vomp Hill) with bees as its placeholder. Stacks of beechips run around the same price as grain seeds (20-30k).

For some extra hitting power, try meat. Meat Jerky would be fine at your level and is buyable from npcs (aka. cheap). The Bat's Lair in Bastok Mines sells it, and I believe the Pheonix Inn in N. Sandy also sells it (the merchant in the room upstairs).
                The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                a world without hate.
                And I can picture us attacking that world,
                because they'd never expect it."

Comment

The new level to go to dunes is 15 btw.

*hopes to reach out*
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I can go to Korroloka Tunnel at 15 >_>.
                    Cleverness - Hades
                    75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                    DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

aye, but not alot of peoplle go to the tunnel anymore ; ;

Comment

lizards are ok for 10-12.
                        if you are fighting anything else other than lizards near the konchatat zone, expect what you are hitting for now.

at lv. 9 there really isnt any acc gear, heck there isnt any gear at all. you can get some acc in h2h weapons. @ 14 u can get dex rings too.

id say solo urself to 10-11. spend some time getting some funds or figuring out a way to make yourself some steady income. then hit dunes again.

dont neglect your automatons combat skills either.

good luck.
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well Puppetmaster H2H is C, not C+

What attachments are you using? If you don't have any, then your puppet won't do as much damage as its capable of. And if you do, are you using Maneuvers? Those will impact the way your puppet performs as well.

What weapon are you using might I ask? I mean as I can remember it when I was in the dunes, I was doing the most damage out of everyone in my pts, and I had the mage frame so it was rarely meleeing ( I wasnt one to use ADD because idk I knew it was going to be nerfed and to me its cheating the system).

Try soloing to 10 or so, so you can get your new frame. Maybe that would help things out a bit. I wasn't using food in dunes, because basically I don't like wasting things, and eating food there is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn2889 View Post
                            I wasn't using food in dunes, because basically I don't like wasting things, and eating food there is a waste of time.

*drives up in a car and rolls down the window*

Oh Daryn!.... I disagree!

*speeds off*

Now that the drive-by disagreement is out of the way, the "food in the dunes is a waste of money" is 100% wrong. Unless you're of the mindset that all food is sushi, that is, then you're right- sushi is a waste of gil in the dunes.
                            The math says you get like 1% more acc or something @ that level. I'm currently leveling my PLD through the dunes, and it would be a lot more difficult to tank if I wasn't using crayfish/crabs- it knocks a good 5-10 dmg off per hit, by what I've seen so far (when food is down and when food is up). With that being further reduced by shield blocks, it makes tanking a breeze.

For the OP-

First, get to 10-11, and farm until you can upgrade your frame to something else before moving forward. Then farm until you can get whatever attachments are missing (not the tier II stuff, obviously, but there are a lot of tier I stuff that makes the job). There is no excuse to play such a fun job as PUP half-heartedly.

Now, insofar as DMG goes, there isn't much you can do to upgrade your acc in the dunes, so it would be best to concentrate on making the hits you actually do connect with hit as hard as possible. Here's how we do this:

Gear up, go to equip and see what your base attack rating is.

Then go to this page:
                            http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Melee_Attack

and choose what you can best afford in relation to your tier of attack food. Meat Jerky (which on my server is a cheap 2k or so for a stack) is probably going to be your bread and butter through the dunes. No, you're not going to suddenly be hitting like you have 2x Relic lances or something, but you will hit noticeably harder. PUP is a DoT-dmg job, so you have to chant the following like a mantra when it comes to how to deal optimum dmg: "Every point counts; Every point counts."
                            In all things endure. In enduring, grow strong.

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

=====(>")>==(X_x)=>>> Skewer!

Comment

read up:
                              http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=130969

the guide isnt completely done yet but i can gaurantee you it will help

Comment

Working...
                              X