This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be the best sub

What do you think the best sub will be for this job?
    Xfire: Skeepz

Re: What will be the best sub

Dunno, maybe (as a VERY rough guess) bard or something like that? I just think Puppet master will have something to do with charisma for some reason. Don't ask why.

Current earth status

Comment

Given how little we know about the job, it's hard to say.

From what we've seen, a puppetmaster doesn't use melee weapons, so most melee subs would go to waste. If they can still use hand-to-hand while they use their puppet, that might be an interesting excuse to sub monk. Then again, it makes sense that a puppetmaster would need to keep their hands free while controlling the puppet.

If it's an mp-based job, then the standard blm or whm sub will probably be common. blm if the ppt skills are strong enough on their own and/or used frequently to give more mp and better mp efficiency, whm if they are not frequently used, as with smn, to put the mp to use elsewhere.

If their skills allow for it and the equipment slots are free, sub rng could be cool. It's a cool idea for the ppt to send their pet in to keep a mob distracted while picking at them from afar with a gun. Sounds like a logical strategy too.

If songs work on the puppet, then /brd would probably be pretty good. Whatever the function of the puppet is, there's sure to be a song the enhances it. As I see it, ppt is a combination of a pet job and a performance job, so it wouldn't surprise me if chr made a big difference in their effectiveness. And if it is an mp-based job, there's always ballad at 50/25.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm... historically speaking, being a great puppet master requires lots of charisma.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco Dagon
          Hmm... historically speaking, being a great puppet master requires lots of charisma.
          Well there hasn't actually been a 'puppetmaster' job in any FF game, so it's open...

But if you're right, there may finally be a point to /brd
          ~Zozor!

Comment

at first i was thinking it could take control of the mob, then it hit me thats bst plus they already have a "pet", i see it as the puppet being your weapon tho so im guessing your stats are its and its a type of dd maybe

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

If you go /Brd you can play a song and it'll dance like a leprochaun!

Comment

really? lol or are you joking
                Xfire: Skeepz

Comment

he's joking
                  ~Zozor!

Comment

Hrm something about it's face...like a BLM in previous FF (as in no face), makes me think maybe it's a mage pet.

I am curious to see how it gains abilities, whether through levelling or questing or maybe even purchasing spells like a mage job. Geez that'd be fun

Comment

Perhaps it'd be more mimic oriented, like you could only have your pet use spells that had already been cast by another party member.
                      I know it's been said before, but for some reason the puppetmaster job makes me think of mime.

That'd make mage swarming HNM alliances a little more amusing. ^^
                      "Here comes the first volley of Blizzagas ..."
                      *clack clack clack clack*
                      "... and now here comes the mime ..."
                      *clack clack clack clack clack*

Comment

ah, but do you forget that they're gonna lower the usefullness of too many blm's in a pt at once?

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Well ... there's been no clear word on exactly how they're going to do that, so I'll avoid second-guessing accepted strategies until I see the changes.

Not that I honestly know anything about HNMs and manaburns. *points to sig*

Comment

heh, you know about as much as I do

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiseman40
                              Well there hasn't actually been a 'puppetmaster' job in any FF game, so it's open...

But if you're right, there may finally be a point to /brd
                              I said historically speaking, I'm not talking about any prior FF-game whatsoever. But then again, not a single job in FFXI even closely related to their real-world counterpart. (But it makes much of the game fun anyways, so no complaints for the most part.) So, for all we know the puppetmaster could use no charisma. <_<

Comment

Working...
                              X