X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Puppet master details

Originally posted by Kornera
    Someone on the Killing Ifrit forums brought up a good thought. There might be a chance that the puppet master might control the puppet directly instead of having it as a pet command or something in that catagory. Who knows, this might even be another bst job, tank job, or even another healing job.
    sounds like that would make it an upgrade of the beastmaster, an the summoner. combine them, an it sounds like a puppetmaster.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

^That wont happen because if it did id just be like SE saying to the 75 bst and smn "F U". Imagen lvling a job to 75 but theres no demand due to puppetmaster is just purely better.

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
        ^That wont happen because if it did id just be like SE saying to the 75 bst and smn "F U". Imagen lvling a job to 75 but theres no demand due to puppetmaster is just purely better.
        Oh come on... you're speaking as if there's demand for every job.

Comment

1UP had an interview with the team after fanfestival or something like that... Anyway, here's what was related to PUP (they confirmed the abbreviation, too) in the interview:

1UP: The Blue Mages are something that fans have wanted for a long time based on their presence in the history of Final Fantasy. The Corsairs were a bit of a surprise, but the Puppetmaster was a really big surprise since there was never a precedent for such a job in Final Fantasy lore. How did you decide to create the Puppetmaster job class?

KO: In the beginning when we were thinking of new jobs, we were first thinking of a Necromancer type of job, where the job would be able to raise the undead. However, we couldn't have undeads running around in the morning and that would weaken the class, because they'd only be able to work at night. So from there we tried to think of something where the player would be able to use a puppet type of...slave if you will, at all times of day, and that's how we got to Puppetmaster.

1UP: The reception was pretty astounding, actually. Everyone thought it was a tarutaru following the galka around, but when everyone saw it was a puppet, the place went wild. Will the Puppetmaster be limited to one puppet in the way that Dragoons can only have one type of wyvern, or will there be other types of puppets for the job to use?

KO: There will be more than one version of puppet to use.

1UP: Regarding the popularity of the puppet theme, quite a few manga in Japan are either based around the use of marionettes, like Karakuri Circus (by the Ushio & Tora creator, Kazuhiro Fujita), or featuring a puppet-themed story arc, like the current plot in the Japanese version of Naruto. Has this been influential in the creation of this job?

KO: That really didn't play any part in our choosing the Puppetmaster job.
          Last edited by Wind Adept; 03-14-2006, 10:37 AM.
          Ho-hum.

Comment

KO: There will be more than one version of puppet to use.

Great :D

One other thing, in that interview 1UP asks about soloability/etc and they answer that when they designed those 3 jobs they were thinking about solo stuff. In my opinion, Corsair is a buffer (party friendly), Blue Mage looks like a DD/Debuffer and Puppetmaster may be the new beastmaster type of job. Guess we'll have to wait until release though.
            I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

perhaps some hints as to how the job will play can be pulled from the 1up interview? they mentioned that they originally wanted to add necromancer but instead chose PUP because they couldn't have undead out in the day.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                perhaps some hints as to how the job will play can be pulled from the 1up interview? they mentioned that they originally wanted to add necromancer but instead chose PUP because they couldn't have undead out in the day.
                How does necromancer work in other ffs?

Comment

I don't think there's ever been a necromancer as a player character in a Final Fantasy game.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                    I don't think there's ever been a necromancer as a player character in a Final Fantasy game.
                    Well, where are the hints then? :x

Comment

oh well, i tried...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
                        I hope not, soloing 1-10 is the most borring experiance in the game. this job soulds great in a party but if you want to solo then play bst.
                        Actually I hope they solo pretty well, since unless you can make a party out of just Blue mages, Corsairs, and Puppet Masters. It'll be hard to find a part for a good while after the release.

Comment

heh, thats so true, but because of it, it's also going to be hard to solo, because of the people that dont want to pt at those lvls.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanim
                            Well, where are the hints then? :x
                            Hmm... Necromancer....

Lich, the Fiend of Earth from FFI, was sort of a Necromancer.

Milon, the Elemental Lord of Earth from FFIV, was a Necromancer, basically.

Siren from FFV, while never outright proclaimed to be a Necromancer, did reside in a place full of undead.

Ozzie from Chrono Trigger (not FF, but still made by Square) was a Necromancer.

Thats pretty much all I can think of.
                            RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                            Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                            Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                            Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                            Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

very very offtopic, but imagine if PUP became acronymed as PMS (as suggested from an LS member) :D.. unlikely but fun to think about

Comment

Working...
                              X