This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppet master details

I have a few questions on this new job, How simular will it be to other pet jobs? will the puppets need to be crafted? Will the pupppetmaster be able to solo like bst? will it be a decent endgame job? How simular is this so BST and will it get the same stereotypes as bst, like would pepole party with it?

I know there is not alot of info out at the moment but pepole at the fan fest can probably conferm a few things, out of the three this one imo looks the coolest new job. WOOT first thread in the section, ^^.

Re: Puppet master details

The main thing I'm wondering is what previous jobs will this new job include aspects of. The only thing I can think of would be Mimic, having your puppet mimic you... but nothing else comes to mind.
    RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
    Bastok Rank 10 Completed
    Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
    Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
    Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

no idea how acurate this is.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...s.new.job.html

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
        Not much puppetmaster info in there.

EDIT, after rereading the thread i saw what you were talking about.
        Last edited by pearlsea; 03-13-2006, 06:35 AM.

Comment

*snipped link*

Sorry, after reading farther down in the thread I found out the info I linked to wasn't accurate. Too bad though. It sounded cool.
          Last edited by Taskmage; 03-12-2006, 08:12 PM.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

this is my little brain child but id like to think that the puppet will be like a little robot. In the sense that you can actually take control of it and move it around. Like say you hold shift and then use the movement keys to move the puppet around. That would make it worthwile IMO because we already have 3 jobs, smn drg and bst, that can use a pet so why add another? It looks kinda lame in the melee aspect but as a mage it could prolly get the job done but thats just on looks and some taru mnks pack a suprising punch, so its all up to chance. But really why add another pet job? i guess to fil the requirement and have 2mage pet jobs and 2melee pet jobs
            MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

This was posted in May of 2005 by someone.. dunno how accurate it is (and it hasn't been edited recently)... based on the previously released vid about the puppet master, I must say..... this comes close to anything I've read so far and "COULD" be somewhat accurate:

enjoy! and discuss if u wish... I love this job already if it's anytihng like what the OP stated:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...91374903596983
              Lv 75 BLM, 75 SMN, 75 DRK, 75BRD, 75PUP, 70WHM, 70SCH
              Primary jobs **Animator +1**
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Lv 53 PLD, 37 WAR, 37 MNK, 37 THF, 34 RNG, 37 NIN, 24 BST, 37 SAM, 20 BLU, 5 COR, 4 DRG, 37 DNC, <-Secondary jobs
              LVL 66 CLOTHCRAFT, LVL 55 GOLDSMITHING

Comment

I don't see how the puppetmaster video gives any indication that this information is accurate. Do you have a video I don't?
                ~Zozor!

Comment

Umm the video reflects a job (puppet master) without a weapon... that's the only indication that some of the information posted in May of 2005... has some relivance... think about!^^

What's the likelihood we'd get a new job w/o a visible weapon... and the puppet mostly is the weapon... yet a post created in 2005... says this...

The OP mapped out this job so well... if i was an SE developer I'd explore the possibilities and get crankin'.... too bad it wasn't copyrighted ;p
                  Lv 75 BLM, 75 SMN, 75 DRK, 75BRD, 75PUP, 70WHM, 70SCH
                  Primary jobs **Animator +1**
                  -----------------------------------------------------
                  Lv 53 PLD, 37 WAR, 37 MNK, 37 THF, 34 RNG, 37 NIN, 24 BST, 37 SAM, 20 BLU, 5 COR, 4 DRG, 37 DNC, <-Secondary jobs
                  LVL 66 CLOTHCRAFT, LVL 55 GOLDSMITHING

Comment

That's the same information that my snipped link had. I think it would be more accurate to say that our current knowledge of puppetmaster doesn't conflict with that information.

If that is how puppetmaster really works, I would not be disappointed. It looks very fun and like it could fill many party positions well. A tank pet certainly sound attractive. I think the abilities described in that post might make the job too versatile, though.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

beastmaster gets nerfed, an S.E is making things a tad more solo friendly. im leaning towards more solo then anything.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                        beastmaster gets nerfed, an S.E is making things a tad more solo friendly. im leaning towards more solo then anything.
                        I hope not, soloing 1-10 is the most borring experiance in the game. this job soulds great in a party but if you want to solo then play bst.

Comment

I hope not, soloing 1-10 is the most borring experiance in the game. this job soulds great in a party but if you want to solo then play bst.
                          you aint lyin. maybe its just me but soloing just doesnt tickle me. bst or not. and even as bst soloing to 75 is quite a chore. <Dam brady games> if nething they should change the fact that an ep at lvl 60 is the equivalent of dc. that would change the soloing aspect of the game a whole lot
                          MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea
                            actually im a 75 bst. an i have to say i found it alot easier to exp bst to 75, then i did with nin. an actually it took me about half the time. an besides S.E said they were making this new expansion more solo friendly. thus why i think puppet is another version of the bst.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Someone on the Killing Ifrit forums brought up a good thought. There might be a chance that the puppet master might control the puppet directly instead of having it as a pet command or something in that catagory. Who knows, this might even be another bst job, tank job, or even another healing job.

http://kornera.livejournal.com/
                              please note that i do not have the dalmatica or the relic staff, sig is just for show.

Comment

Working...
                              X