This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLDs in CoP

Well, I havn't really started on my CoP chapters yet but from what I've read from LJs, it seems that PLDs aren't really prefered for most of the BCs. Most want a NIN tank instead. I just want to know if this is true. It would be great to hear from a high level PLD who has finished CoP if there are any...
    Midgardsormr
    Nukemaru - 35 WHM, 30 BLM
    Sevalle - 23 PLD, 37 WAR, 23 MNK, 12 BRD (deleted)

Re: PLDs in CoP

It IS possible to do all of COP with a PLD tank...

BUT...

It will be very hard and very expensive (Mages will need Vile elixir+1 for most of the tough battles, RR items etc).

Windurst Rank 10
    Sandoria Rank 10
    Bastok Rank 10
    Zilart= Complete
    CoP= Complete
    ToAU: M44

Comment

My group made it all the way through all of the CoP missions with a PLD tank. Only place we used Vile Elixirs was on Omega/Ultima. The rest of the fights, you don't need such overkill items due to lower level caps making them of limited value (and none of the uncapped battles are so hard as to require such things).

Should also note that PLD tank is superior to NIN tank in several battles.

Icemage

Comment

Nin tanks in CoP used to be great for the spaming multi- ranger kite senerio for many of the capped fights...but since the ranger change...heh... not quite so pwn all type anymore.

And yea...almost forgot about the mithra tracker battle... that one is sure good to have a pld tank on your hands.
        Last edited by kuu; 08-06-2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

That's good to hear... Thanks for all the feedback guys...
          Midgardsormr
          Nukemaru - 35 WHM, 30 BLM
          Sevalle - 23 PLD, 37 WAR, 23 MNK, 12 BRD (deleted)

Comment

Working...
          X