Ninja lv 55, prey Colobiri (sp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninja lv 55, prey Colobiri (sp)

Hello everyone, picking nin back up from a 3 month break from the job. So i made a pty and went out for lessers for exp.

Now the build i use when soloing is eva. Well last night i basicly couldnt tank in this build. Here is what happened, i was evading every 0ther attack so keeping shadows up was not problem, but A. i was missing like crazy, and B. my ni line of spells was landing for 2-6 dam a pop, what gives with this? I have always been told that the ni line of spells will help me keep hate all the way thu lv 65.

Tonight im going to go back, with more acc gear and shed some eva gear to help me in landing hits, but now im torn between taking some int rings and a int staff to macro into my ele wheel. Is this a good idea, or was last night just a fluke?

Any help is much needed and wanted

Thanks,

Main: koto +1
    sub : lv 50 katana, (name excapes me)
    Head: emp HP
    Neck: pcc
    Ear1: evasion
    Ear2: evasion
    Body: (forget) evasion peice
    Hands: (forget) attack 15
    ring: +3 str
    Ring: same
    Back: evasion
    waist: evasion
    Legs : AF
    Feet: AF

Re: Ninja lv 55, prey Colobiri (sp)

Just a tip for Colbiri:

Most of your parties on colbiri will be a burn style party. With Utsu: Ni and haste, you should be focusing more on attack and acc, to speed the pace of the fight up. Colbiri have the ability to easily wipe your shadows, so evasion set ups will not benefit you the most.

Katanas: Seem fine
    Head: Emp Pin
    Neck: Pcc
    Ear: eva works.
    Body: Scorpion Harness/AF/Hauby
    Hands: N Kote (+15 att)
    Rings: Sniperx2 or any +acc
    Back: Evasion
    waist: Swfit belt / Life Belt (until potent)
    Legs: Af
    Feet: Fuma Kyhan (haste)

at 60 -> potent belt for life belt
    @ 61-> Amemet mantle+1
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Sev covered the gear very well. I just wanted to add that a THF using TA+WS is extremely helpful and worth it against piercing weak enemies. You don't want to setup a SATA unless you have a WAR/NIN who does not mind co-tanking.

Also many players forget that THF get a new job trait, Assassin, at Lv60 which makes their TA critical. Any 2h job with /THF after Lv60 will also work. SAM/THF is especially good at making use of both TA and SA in each fight. Also Lv65+ PUP/THF is quite acceptable with the update to Howling Fist. Their damage will come significantly from their RNG puppet.
      Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 09-20-2007, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Ok so i guess when people say that the ele wheel will keep hate until lv 65 there refering to the older areas of exp then. So i dont need to worry about the wheel at this lv on this prey?

Comment

Ninjitsu seemed to work ok for me against the crawlers and eruca that you will probably level on some in the late 50s and mid 60s, but holding hate against colibri in a burn party is tough as a ninja no matter what you do unless you have a good thief (or melee with a thf sub 60+).

My ninjitsu didn't do a whole lot of damage against Lesser Colibri but the real fun is when the Colibri you level on from 60-64ish start spitting your ninjitsu back at you.

Comment

Elemental wheel helps a lot from like 40-mid 50s. The dmg on them drops off around then as mobs get tougher. Plus, colibri are magic resistant and they reflect magic too.

Also, perhaps get a high breath mantle and eat some dorado sushi in conjunction with that and youll get a nice accuracy and enmity boost.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Ok thank you everyone for your thoughts and post. You have been most helpfull.

One last question:

On WS what is the main modifer? dex, agl, str, or a combination. Mainly refering to blade: jin when i get it. Some sites say dex, while other say agl. Can you clear this up for me?

Comment

the main modifier for every phyiscal is Attack and STR.

the 'modifiers' u see on sites are secondary modifiers. ppl mis-understand these all the time. when they see a 25% AGI modifier that does not mean you get a magical 25% boost with all the AGI u have.

Attack and STR will always be more beneficial for you in terms of raising dmg than any secondary modifier will be.

That said, multi-hit skills also rely on accuracy too. Making sure you land all your strikes are always more important that boosting str/atk.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Kruxis View Post
                  Ok so i guess when people say that the ele wheel will keep hate until lv 65 there refering to the older areas of exp then. So i dont need to worry about the wheel at this lv on this prey?
                  The ele wheel was great, pre-taou. It was an amazing part of hate upkeep, but since the burn style of exp it has been outdated. Most of the ninja guides were written pre-toau, so alot of the info is a bit old. Between Me, omni and a few others we can get you all of the info you could ever want.

I saw omni had mentioned the high breath mantle, this had completely skipped my mind (even tho I am wearing one on my pld atm). This is a great tool, I would suggest using one until 61 atleast.

Basically start of a fight should be Voke -> Kyurmai: Ni -> possible ele spell here, if you have a brd and your connecting a good amount it may be wiser to just let katana damage carry you thru.

Also things become much much easier with Blade:Win

Ok thank you everyone for your thoughts and post. You have been most helpfull.
                  One last question:
                  On WS what is the main modifer?
                  The main mod really isn't always wise to stack, this being if it is more chr,int,mnd etc.

dex, agl, str, or a combination.
                  Str should be the number one stat you stack on any melee job. If you understand math, I will post the link to armando's and others work on fStr and fStr2.

Dex effects your critical rate, for a ninja this means if you have some back up dex gear, your blade:win will critical more.

Agi is your parry/evade/block etc only useful on ranged ws for racc.

Mainly refering to blade: jin when i get it. Some sites say dex, while other say agl. Can you clear this up for me?

Str and Attack before dex. Alot of Ninja gear has a good amount of dex.

You have any other questions I will be happy to answer you.

omni maybe we should just write a guide, too busy to write a 4th guide by myself atm.

Comment

I believe you have just helped me out 10 fold mate. Thank you for the help and the detailed explainations in all of your posts. Many thanks ^ ^

If i come across anything else then i will gladly ask.

Many thanks again!

Kru

Comment

I believe you have just helped me out 10 fold mate. Thank you for the help and the detailed explainations in all of your posts. Many thanks ^ ^
                      If i come across anything else then i will gladly ask.
                      Many thanks again!
                      Kru

No problem at all, Good luck. I am not on the forum everyday but I will make time to respond to any questions you have.

(note: To all the people wtfing atm, I am more then a troll here to piss a few off for laughs.)

Comment

I've a quick question: is hauby really worth the -20 eva in xp pt at 60+? Between SH and hauby which one should I buy? Also im thinking, if i get hauby, will that make any extra evasion sort of useless since you probably wont dodge anything and should i just go straight out attack build with O.kotes (for the extra 5 attk compared to N.kotes), assault earring/merman etc? Or will that be going overboard? thx!

Comment

Yes, Hauby is still worth it. I asked myself the same question in SAM forum and everyone said yes. Hell, even all my friends on Bahamut said 'go buy Hauby or we kill you!' Let's see here. with a Hauby you get..

+5 STR, +5 DEX, -5 AGI, +10ATK/ACC, -20 EVA. I don't know about you, but to boost my stats like that, I'm more than willing to sacrifice -20 EVA. For NIN though; a SH would be better but my NIN is only lv 38 so the 75s are better answering this than I would.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                          Dymlos
                          Bahamut server
                          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

[old msg deleted]

I think I'll get the hauby just for WS and tank with the SH =]
                            Last edited by angel123; 11-22-2007, 04:43 PM. Reason: Added equipment.

Comment

The Scorpion Harness and Haubergeon both have their uses, but neither is absolutely required. First obtaining a Scorpion Harness and later obtaining a Haubergeon is probably the most reasonable route since building for evasion is less expensive than building for attack. Eventually you may choose to go back to Ninja Chainmail for maximum Dual Wield or use Koga Chainmail as a balance between the Scorpion Harness and Haubergeon.

Comment

Working...
                              X