Raging Fist numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raging Fist numbers

At level 43-44, my Raging Fists top out anywhere from 260-300+ Is this normal? I feel like it should be doing more. Every now and then I'll get 400+ when I get all my hits in, but that's not often. More often than not it's around the 300 mark...
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Re: Raging Fist numbers

Try so acc + gear to land every hit, if that dont work then switch to str and attack gear, also depends what your fighting.

Comment

Assuming you haven't already, I would suggest you purchase two sets of gear. One set with accuracy/haste (haste optional), and another set built around STR. Then, before using your WS, use a macro to switch from your TP building gear to your WS gear, boost, berserk, Raging Fist. Also, because Raging Fist is an accuracy based WS with major damage fluxuation due to missed punches, your WS set should still have quite a bit of your TP set in it. You wouldn't want to switch to all STR and then miss every punch, hehe. However, this is also dependent on the food you choose to use. If you use accuracy food, you'll be able to wear more STR gear for your WS, but if you use STR + attack food, you'll need more acc gear in your WS

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

Well I already switch in atk and acc gear. I just wanted to know if my numbers were normal for a mnk, so I'd know if I needed to go ahead and step up my gear now rather than later. For TP gear I have a Tilt Belt and Venerer Ring. I also have a Jujitsu Gi. My weapon is also Mythril Knuckles +1 so that's another +3 accuracy right there. I also own two Puisiance Rings, an Assailant's Ring, Purple Belt and an Ochidos Kote. I also tried different foods. I tried Sole Sushi, Dhalmel Pie, and Rice Dumplings and changed my gear accordingly. It all seemed pretty inconclusive to me. The only time I hit the 400+ mark was when we fought VT and I was eating attack food. Sole Sushi seemed to make my ws damage more consistent, but I never got above 250* with it. Plus my regular melee damage was a little disappointing compared to meat, even if I got a few more shots in. So... I don't know if I need to work on accuracy gear, add more str, or what... It seems like landing all your hits is important, but if you can't do it with attack food, your dmg is still going to be meh. At least that's how it seemed to me last night. We were fighting crawlers and Hornflies in Crawler's Nest. I seemed to do better on the crawlers than the flies.

Any advice? Is it just because of my level or should I be able to do more?

*EDIT: Actually I should say that with sole sushi I never got above 250 dmg. It was consistently around that dmg, while with atk food I would sometimes get higher, and sometimes as low as 180 or so.
        Last edited by nanatsu; 06-27-2006, 08:12 AM.
        My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I think you are doing okay for the level your at. Are you also using berserk and boosting before your ws that is a must as well, but IMO I would guess ACC is better with raging fists due to the multiple hits, better to land them all then increase dmg and miss.

Comment

Perhaps character race is playing a role as well? Last weekend in my party @ Gustav Tunnel, our 42 Elvaan Mnk landed his highest Raging Fist in the 530s, and his average was 400+. He seemed to be more or less, messing around. All of his gear was expensive and nice except for the Fungus Hat he wore. I guess he wanted to like he had an O. Hat on. Anyway, he only threw one Raging Fist over 500 on IT, so it's not saying much; must've been a crit (or maybe a few?). My earlier suggestions came from what I saw him doing. Switching gear, berserking, sometimes actually turning around and boosting twice, before spinning and using Raging Fist. Elvaan and Galka start at level 1 with the equal, highest STR. I'm not sure if one surpasses the other later on, but I have to imagine the Elvaan race makes his WS's a bit stronger than most.

With great power comes complete disregard for any and all responsibility.

Comment

Your numbers are quite acceptable for your level. 260-300 is the normal.

It reallly just depends on your gear and luck.

The first monk i ever had to deal with at that level could either be a monster, or a complete wuss on his raging. i think he hit most the time for about 300ish never really got to see much more that that. The other times he would hit in the 200s.

One time he hit for 8 damage.

Alot more of the monks after that hit about what your hitting for with similar gear setups.

(And then again I had that one monk at level 46, who was merited in h2h, str, crit hit+, and a couple other things I can't remember. She had a p charm, 2 snipers. Now he hit between 380-450is and nevr saw her hit for less, she ate meat too, but dont expect to always hit like that)

I will live, and die by the Sword

Comment

Well I am using boost, berserk and focus to the best of my ability. Sometimes I try to keep at least one buff on at all times so they're not stacked all the time. I think I'm just going to try to get a couple of Woodsmans today and see if I can get away with just eating meat and see if that helps. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

I think you're doing just fine. I try to have a nice balance of str, att, and acc on myself and I eat sushi---as an Elvaan, I still can miss Too Weak

One thing, at the Crawler's Nest, those crawlers do use a defense shield on themselves sometimes, so if it wasn't dispelled, all WS look a little sad.

But really, don't fret. Not every WS will land you 500+ everytime. Even at my level 63 and I'm very stacked gear-wise, I can whiff out a nice 150 damage and wanna die, LOL. Then the next time I can do 600+. Go figure. Just get what you like and can afford and have a good time.
                  SAM 75/ MNK 67/ RNG 66 / DRK 50/ WAR 43/ THF 37 / NIN 37
                  Cooking 100 + 2 Fishing 95

Comment

your accuracy cap at around 80% I'm not too sure. So you can miss too weak no matter how much accuracy you have.

I just recently got Mnk to 33 and got my peacock charm. Once I got my raging fist I'm going to play around with gears and see how it works ^^ So far I think I'll be using charm +10 and woodsman +5 and rice dumbling +5 accuracy for raging fist. If that doesn't give me more than 6-7 hits consistantly I'm going to macro in my second woodsman and a life belt for this WS. That will give my +35 accuracy total. I think having *enough* accuracy to land acceptable hits is more important here. Once I have that accuracy I'll boost STR and ATTK on other available slots.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

With multi-hit WS, you have to figure out what needs boosting. I get 14% TP off of it when all hits connect. (5.5 + 5.5 + 1 + 1 + 1). If I'm getting less than 11% TP per raging fists, I'd need more accuracy.

If I'm getting max TP (minus double attack kicking in) from the WS, but the damage is still bad... Then I need more STR for the WS.

If you're connecting all/most hits, have as much STR as you can, and your damage is still bad, it is very likely the monster you're fighting. MNK have a harder time fighting high ITs than most jobs.

At 66, when I fight high ITs (like those goblins in the southwestern part of bibiki), my dragon kick damage goes down to like 50 (seriously) to 400. Fight VT/low IT goblins and giraffes in the northwestern part of bibiki, my dragon kick damage was 300 to 650, not counting the dhamel using berserk.

Overcamping = sad monk

Edit:
                      Jei has a charm? Nice. D: I'm working on the BC for it now. I had enough seals for 13 orbs worth. I'm hoping to have the charm before I level SAM. O.kote + charm + STR/Crit merits is something I want to try on a level 34 exp party. >_>
                      Generic Info!

Comment

yea I sold my warrior gears. Charm was 18-19M in the auction house but someone shouted and sold it 14M so I grab it @@;

I still have my ninja gear ready to keep trying the BC tho ^^v just have to remember to send my charm to mule before I do.
                        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I think natural accuracy cap at 95%. Your accuracy is reduced when you are fighting a higher level monster given everything else constant (mob agi, eva..etc). When you are fighting a lower level monster you accuracy is increased with your level given everything else constant - this can effectively raise your accuracy to near 100% (99%?)

About Raging Fists numbers, there are several factors at play. The 1st one would be accuracy, if you miss any punch you would have reduced damage. The 2nd factor is the base damage. Mnk's base damage is a function of H2H skill level and the +Dmg from the weapon. So higher +Dmg and H2H level - higher WS damage. 3rd, Atk is a factor in overall low/high end damage, low attack means low damage WS even if all your hits land. Finally, the stat modifier - I'm not so sure about this but it can be the difference between 200~300Dmg and 500~600Dmg given enough stat bonus.

Overall, Raging Fists damage can be seen as 6x your per fist damage plus the stat modifier bonus and TP bonus. If you are hitting at 50 damage per fist, you should expect a 100% accurate Raging Fists to land at 50x6 = 300~400 damage give or take depending on your stat modifier (and a random number).

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                            If that doesn't give me more than 6-7 hits consistantly I'm going to macro in my second woodsman and a life belt for this WS.
                            Raging Fists with 100% accuracy is 5 hits.
                            If Double Attack procs, it's 6 hits.
                            If Kick Attacks proc, it's 7 hits.

Don't expect more than 6-7 hits consistently. You'll be lucky to get 6 hits 15% of the time. 7 hits, closer to 5% or less. More than 6-7 hits on Raging Fists? Impossible unless you can get Triple Attack to proc.

On topic, though, my average at 53 MNK is 200-400 damage, with my personal record being 684 on an IT mob.
                            Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                            62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                            Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                            Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                            My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

Raging Fists is 5+1 hits

Hand-to-Hand and Dual Wield adds 1 extra hit to any weapon skill. This extra hit is equivalent to the sub weapon and will add the extra TP generated from that weapon instead of 1%. So it's 5+5+1+1+1+1 for RF if you get 5TP per punch.

Comment

Working...
                              X