Wyvern Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyvern Stats

I recently got Spirit Link (YAH!!) and have been able to heal my wyvern now. Seeing how much I can heal him gives me a vague idea of how much HP he has. Is there a way to find out for sure? How about his ATT and DEF? Any way to check these stats?
    Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
    Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
    Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
    Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
    Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
    Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
    ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
    WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Re: Wyvern Stats

as far as I know theres only <pethpp> and <pettp> for his HP % and his TP.

Comment

From what I understand, wyvern damage is calculated a bit differently than for us. But if you'd like, you can fight some easy prey and keep track of your damage and your wyvern's. As long as it's always the same mob and same exp gained, you can get a general idea of how it stacks up. Of course you'll notice it's not always the same percentage. My wyvern commonly exceeds me against bones since my spear has a defecit against them.
      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

As far as the wyvern's exact HP amount for any given level, it just takes a bit of math to figure it out. This is where Spirit Link will help. It's a matter of taking note of what the result is of a <pethpp> check is before and after Spirit Link, as well as how much was healed. While I'm no math genius (I never stayed awake in any of my math classes, really boring, I just passed the tests so I wouldn't have to repeat them ), I'm sure it's a reletively simple process of using those three values to come up with a formula for exact wyvern hp each level.

About the ATT and DEF of the wyvern, yeah, that's a bit more tricky, involving *lots* of time spent, number logging, and number crunching to figure out. You're on your own about that, unless you find a nice, helpful mathmetician willing to do the number work for you. I'm sure there's a fair number of them around here somewhere.

Comment

In addition, you only need to calculate the wyvern's HP 3 times during your career as DRG, once for each healing breath. Since HP healed is based on the wyvern's HP, you can use the ratio at any level. For instance, I receive 129 HP from a Heal Breath III (baseline since TP can raise it) at level 40. I know that many people see a 13 HP increase from a piece of equipment that gives the wyvern 65 HP, which is a ratio of 1 to 5. That means my wyvern currently has 645-649 HP.

I apologize, but I never bothered for heal breath I or II, so I don't know the ratios there.

Comment

Wow I didn't know about <pethpp>. That helps alot, once I had that I could figure out his hp easily. ATT and DEF seems like a little more work then I am willing to do though. Thats ok Eisenzahn kicks butt whether or not I know his ATT!

Thanks everyone for your help!
            Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
            Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
            Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
            Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
            Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
            Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
            ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
            WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

I think SE might have fixed this, but before the update you could just
              equip the Drachen Brais (Wyvern HP +10%) and use Spirit Link, then multiply
              the number of HP recovered by 10 to get his max HP. I'm not sure, but I think
              my wyvern's HP is inbetween 800-1000 at 73.

Hm.

DRG75/BLU61

Comment

SE did indeed fix that. Now if we're wearing any Wyvern MaxHP+ gear and we call them, they'll automatically come at max HP with all adjustments already made.

Comment

As far as the wyvern's exact HP amount for any given level, it just takes a bit of math to figure it out. This is where Spirit Link will help. It's a matter of taking note of what the result is of a <pethpp> check is before and after Spirit Link, as well as how much was healed. While I'm no math genius (I never stayed awake in any of my math classes, really boring, I just passed the tests so I wouldn't have to repeat them ), I'm sure it's a reletively simple process of using those three values to come up with a formula for exact wyvern hp each level.
                  Couldnt u work that out with a propotian (sp). Like:
                  x ..............................x+<ammount of HP healed>
                  ------------------------ = --------------------------------
                  <origional(sp) hp%> ...<new HP%>
                  Where x equals your dragons starting HP
                  PS: The dots r to make the two fractions

Woohoo confusing <ME

I dont know im just trying to remember algebra let me know if the formula works

u might get x on both sides. it might work if u did spirit link to get 100% im not sure

Comment

What?

It's pretty straightforward. You check <pethpp> before Spirit Link and after. (Note: Make sure you are not at 100% afterward.) Subtract the percent after from the percent before and divide 100 by the result. Then multiply the amount of HP your wyvern healed by that new number. You may want to do that a few more times since S-E generally rounds down, meaning that percent can cover a small range instead of one single number.

If T is the total HP, R is the HP recovered, A is the percent reading after Spirit Link, and B is the percent reading before Spirit Link, then your formula looks like the one below:
                    T = (100 / (A - B)) * R

There's also a set fraction of how much of your current HP you sacrifice and a set fraction of how much HP your wyvern gains, but I can't remember them at the moment. You should be able to identify them with a few tests anyway.

Comment

You could always just Call Wyvern then put on af legs then Spirit Link. If your wyvern is healed for 70 hp and its <pethpp> is 100% after the Spirit Link then its hp is 700. Its rather simple.
                      Thanks Kazuki.
                      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

IIRC, the formula for the Spirit Link exchange is that you give up 33% of your current HP total, and the wyvern heals for 1.5 times the amount of HP given (or thereabouts; I do believe I remember seeing values that were a bit off in the exchange, but that seems to be the average). That's always been the genenral trend I saw every time I used it, so I just followed that rule of thumb.

Of course, I have seen rather odd exchanges at times, like I'd give up mebbie 200-300 HP, and the wyvern is fully healed, whereas other times, I'd give up damn near half my life, and my buddy only takes a fraction of it (and then we're *both* hurting). Gogo randomizer /yay...

Edit: Oh, btw, I just remembered this, but FYI, if you have Stoneskin on, you give up almost nothing (other than the SS), and your wyvern will heal as if you gave the full amount (yeah, I love that trick when I play on /whm, especially for Sea/Limbus).

Comment

Think that if you let your wyvern get hit once, keep in mind that number of damage ex.(15damage)
                          type <pethpp> and then take that %(ex:96%) and add x% (ex:4%)to get to 100%

so now you have the problem (X)( 4%) = 15 damage
                          4% goes into 100% 25 times
                          so
                          (25)(15)= 375hp

This will work!
                          Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                          X