Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Question! Why don't you level another job?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Question! Why don't you level another job?

How many other jobs can use SA without having another player there to buddy up with? I'll tell you how many, none.

25% damage increase to flying creates is probably equal to about 10mil in attack equipment if it exists. If you can recruit a dragoon and find flying creatures to fight at every level you're set for life.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
      How many other jobs can use SA without having another player there to buddy up with? I'll tell you how many, none.
      sorry i dont understand ><

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
      Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

actually, anyone that can use sleep bolts.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

>_>

Comment

You know I'm sad to say that I have never really had any expierience with Dragoons. One helped me one time to aquire some items but thats about it. I haven't ran into to many on my server looking to join a party. Usually I end up forming partys on my own since I'm impatient but I never see Dragoons looking. If I do though I will defenitly invite becasue I'm looking foward to seeing them in action.
            You kill one man, your a murderer
            Kill many and your a conquerer
            Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Originally posted by Balodoth
              I'm sorry you feel that way, Rogan, and I apologize you're only limited to observation and not experience.

For some odd reason I get /tell's to invite me to party when I farm/solo EP or DC as DRG/BRD. Yes, that isn't a highly effective combination for parties (it can be, but just try to convince everyone else), yet I still manage to get invites.

lol if you say so, and this is another thing that leads me to believe drg are all unhappy with their job(at times), is when they get so defensive about pointing out things that are true, I mean it IS hard getting invites, no need to cite examples of when you have for me, or say it happens all the time, if it does good for you. and I do like dragoon, I would have quit it long before 64 if I didnt. I will say one thing dragoon have a very nice solo-ability, and by all means theyre not bad in exp pts, I just thing rng can and for the most part will outdamage them, and that theyre not as useful as most jobs endgame
              [Blm 75] [Mnk 72] [Drg 64] [Brd 41] [War 37] [Whm 37] [Rdm 37] [Sam 28] [Smn 26] [Thf 25] [Blu 12] [Nin 10] [Pld 9] [Bst 8] [Rng 8] [Pup 3] [Cor 1] [Drk 1] Rank 10 San D'oria

Comment

There have been many valid points said here, and many accusations. As a person who has leveled DRG to 75, who is in a HNM/Sky ls....I think I can levy a few opinions.

First I'll deal with Rogan,

I am not going to get into the whole RNG vs DRG debate all that much here, but I will merely say this. Especially due to the RNG nerf, DRG can equal or outdue a RNG at any time they wish....WITH the right equip. Notice I said with....before you get your panties into a hissy. FYI, RNGs have essentially also been slapped aside thanks to SE...now that ranged attacks are calculated due to distance from target AND the mobs level vs the RNGs. What does this mean? RNG aren't really the king of the mountain anymore on HNMs or sky.

As far as not being all the good on HNMs and Sky gods, I'll have to cite one of the members above when I say yeah, you don't have the experience to say that assumption. I have killed every HNM and Sky god in the game, so I know from experience the weaknesses and strengths of each job on a HNM job. NO melee jobs are better or worse against a HNM....this counts RNG as well thanks to the above said nerf. It comes down to equipment, and the expertise of the person playing the character.

---------

I play Dragoon because I love it. Not because I wish to prove myself to anyone, not because I wish to prove the job is good. But because I picked up the guide one day, looked at Dragoon and said "Yes, this is the job for me".

Looking for group is not an excuse to give up a job. If you are even semi-decent at it, then you will make friends. You will become known to others from people saying "Hey, I partied with him. He's pretty good". If you give up a job because you don't "Feel" like making your own parties, or because you didn't try your all...then it is noones fault but your own.

The post-TP nerf argument is laughable, with so many holes in it its far from amusing. I'm not going to get into it except to tell all my fellow Dragoons this: Get over it, and learn to play the job correctly before whining about a trait you never had the chance to full take advantage of.

What it boils down to in the long run is this: Equipment. I never used a scorpion harness in my life getting to level 75. Because I didn't need it. Functionality always goes beyond "looking cool". Anyway, I've gone off tangent here. I have done what I have set out to do, I've gotten DRG to 75. What next? Well, I'm going to merit DRG now....as well as level BLM to 75. It looks like an interesting job, and seeing as how I've fully explored DRG, it's time to fully explore another job to its fullest.

Hope this helps, and to be honest I didn't mean to rant on anyones views or misguided conceptions. Merely stating my mind ^^.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaeos
                  There have been many valid points said here, and many accusations. As a person who has leveled DRG to 75, who is in a HNM/Sky ls....I think I can levy a few opinions.

First I'll deal with Rogan,

I am not going to get into the whole RNG vs DRG debate all that much here, but I will merely say this. Especially due to the RNG nerf, DRG can equal or outdue a RNG at any time they wish....WITH the right equip. Notice I said with....before you get your panties into a hissy. FYI, RNGs have essentially also been slapped aside thanks to SE...now that ranged attacks are calculated due to distance from target AND the mobs level vs the RNGs. What does this mean? RNG aren't really the king of the mountain anymore on HNMs or sky.

As far as not being all the good on HNMs and Sky gods, I'll have to cite one of the members above when I say yeah, you don't have the experience to say that assumption. ^^.

A well equipped rng beats a well equipped drg, its just how it works, and I've been doing sky for about 6 months now routinely, whether you'd like to call that new is your choice.
                  [Blm 75] [Mnk 72] [Drg 64] [Brd 41] [War 37] [Whm 37] [Rdm 37] [Sam 28] [Smn 26] [Thf 25] [Blu 12] [Nin 10] [Pld 9] [Bst 8] [Rng 8] [Pup 3] [Cor 1] [Drk 1] Rank 10 San D'oria

Comment

Rangers are still pretty overpowered. They have tons of equipment that enhances their attack and accuracy which is basically all they need. We have to pay billions for simple +Atk and +Acc while theirs is easily obtained. They do pay for their damage, but it isn't that expensive.

Most if not all rangers I know are into the RMT. From the Dragoons that I've seen on my server most can claim that they aren't. >_>

Comment

Most if not all rangers I know are into the RMT. From the Dragoons that I've seen on my server most can claim that they aren't. >_>
                      Well, now you know one that doesnt RMT. It might explain why I'm still at lvl 50 after a year and a half. I can say of all the rng's I know, I dont know of any that I would accuse of being RMT.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Well I wouldn't accuse them, that's unecessary drama, but it explains why they're so powerful and level so quickly.

Comment

Eh some do RMT...i wouldnt say all but somehow alot do...Rank 3 RNG that was a total idiot pre-patch made it to 74 in a blink of an eye and i was just partying with the guy 2 weeks before in CN (and he sucked hardcore as a RNG prepatch). He had all the godly gear in the world that people can dream of, yet he sucks so damn much...blah...

Comment

a good dragoon just sucks compared to good warrior or monk. dual wield is just too powerful

Comment

That's the kind of ignorant talk I intended to leave behind in WoW.

I am insulting you're intellegence Kuai, can you withstand?
                              Attached Files

Comment

First off that mob could check as EP since ive never even heard of it. Second off, i was talking about wars and mnks in exp pt setting and not in some random encounter. Anyone can put out big numbers if the lvl is low enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X