Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Question! Why don't you level another job?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Question! Why don't you level another job?

I have a lot of different jobs leveled up so I could pick and choose if I ever felt so inclined, but whenever I think about changing I can't bring myself to do it. Dragoon is just too much fun. It would be a lot more fun if I could close skillchains and surprise people with a Magic Burst! breath attack. My Wyvern uses the breath attack the monster is weak to 90% of the time without the helmet.

Comment

I like DRGs they do good DPS, a drg with good gear is usually on par with a drk (including wyverns dmg) and prolly more then a samurais dps.... I think the only thing drg kinda got the short end of the stick on is Weapon Skills passed penta thrust.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Only passed? >_>

Comment

theres not many "fun" jobs that are "fun" to level. half this game isnt "fun" (leveling) the other half is really "fun" so thats the only reason im playing this "fun" game. I like to have "fun" and lfg isnt "fun", sometime partying is "fun" i still cant believe its not butter...
          In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
          And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
          Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
          Yeah, It’s true.
          It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

what?

On the serious side, there are countless numbers of "Why do drgs suck threads." Read most of them and we all can see that DRGs don't suck at xp pts. Only thing they lack is a good WS and a role in the HNM scene. Everybody in the DRG section pointed out (some with parsers some with comparisons of other jobs) that DRGs don't fall behind in the dps. Its amazing how the the "Drgs suck attitude" ppl brought after the TP nerf all the way back still lingers on for this long...
            noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

DRG is a lot of fun to play. I go and play DRG when I need a break from other jobs. I don't think I could ever level it to Lv.75, but for the people that do, the love the job, why stop doing something you love just because it got more difficult?

But it does seem that everybody that gets a job to Lv.75 goes and levels another job. And RNG seems to be the job of choice. I guess with a Lv.75 job it will be easier to farm and make all that ammo and +1 ranged weapons affordable.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Simple, because when I decided to go Dragoon I took a path I loved. I didnt want to take the cheap way with a job that is far to easy to lv. When I Lv I feel as though I have accomplished far more then anyother.

That as well as the fact no other job is as multi-talented as a Dragoon. We do dmg, we can back-up tank, we can back up heal, and we can solo.

Unlike you, When I hit 75 I will feel i have worked hard for my meal. That as well as the fact I know people who arnt close minded like many. Those see that Dragoons have there positives like anyother.

In the end I love my job, I refuse to look for a free cheap ride just to be considered "useful"

Comment

Originally posted by :+:Pal[A]diN:+:
                  To the origional poster, you obviously do not know anything about the Dragoon class. This is a pointless topic and has been discussed many times. I noticed you played Ranger to 75, notice that RNG is being changed? YES that is because they do too much damage and needed to be changed so classes like Dragoon will actually get party invites because they do the same if not better damage in EXP parties and this has been proven many times. They are also very viable on HNM, Gods, and whatnot. they arent and parsers have proven this DRG is one of the best if not the best.
                  Ok.. Rng no matter how much they changed still have the potential to outdamage drg anytime they'd like, yes they can do good damage but if you ask me they rely too much on the wyvern which is quite bad considering most mobs have aoe's that will eventually kill it, they did get ripped off of a 2 hr as well, people say that people would all sub drg if they could call the wyvern out, so why not just give the wyvern a 2 hr pet ability? anyways I also need to disagree about being viable on anything endgame, pretty much all melee have their place except drg, mnk chi blast, drk stun, sam ws spam, etc, where as drg can only auto attack. This isnt very helpful compared to others who could be helping you. Drg is a fun job, but I got a little sick of it after a while, especially getting no invites
                  [Blm 75] [Mnk 72] [Drg 64] [Brd 41] [War 37] [Whm 37] [Rdm 37] [Sam 28] [Smn 26] [Thf 25] [Blu 12] [Nin 10] [Pld 9] [Bst 8] [Rng 8] [Pup 3] [Cor 1] [Drk 1] Rank 10 San D'oria

Comment

Just because you see no uses for Dragoon, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that way, Rogan, and I apologize you're only limited to observation and not experience.

For some odd reason I get /tell's to invite me to party when I farm/solo EP or DC as DRG/BRD. Yes, that isn't a highly effective combination for parties (it can be, but just try to convince everyone else), yet I still manage to get invites.
                      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks
                        Dragoon should have access to the same gear as most other melees (Haubergeon comes to mind) instead of having to wear the +Acc that like thf does. Most dragoons don't have scorpion harness, and if they do they seem to want to rather show off their af body instead. Drg shouldn't need to farm all that extra gil for SH instead of being able to just wear Haubergeon like all the wars, drks, and sams they have to compete with. Little tweaks like that could help them out a lot.
                        theres not really a big difference between making 3mil (hauby) or 5mil (SH)

if you are able to farm 3million, you can also farm 5, its just a time factor.
                        i think there is nothing wrong with SH for DRG since THF NIN and some RDMs(soloing) have to use it too.

DRG can easily make millions with encalados(sp?) bracers.
                        you also get a freaking accuracy bonus job trait.

the thing that needs to be fixed is that you guys deal piercing DMG and nothing in this game is weak to piercing out of flying stuff.

imho all demi-hume and not armored mobs should be weak to piercing, then DRG would become alot more usefull

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
                        Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

Most dragoons on my server(that i know of) won't even think of leveling another job.
                          I am included, Before i even got the game i got the guide from e.b. flipped through it
                          and got to the dragoon page...enough said..
                          The issue of long party waiting time, form your own.From other Drgns..
                          Did a wyvern burn pty about 4 times,very satisfying..
                          We are not liked/wanted much exactly why i don't know. all drgns i talk to are very nice
                          and for the most part willing to help out..
                          I like the drgn class and wont give it up...DRAGOONS FOREVER...
                          A Warrior's place is not to die,

But to allow others to live.....

Comment

You can talk about for hours what jobs are good, fun and cool. But in the end, everyone has his or her own opinion about it. I myself am at this moment a Dragoon53, Thief50 and Ranger40. As you see, i prefer to play melee/DD jobs. I really enjoyed playing Dragoon, was very enthousiast, but I also liked to play as Thief and Ranger. I decided to level Thief to 75(I hope^^) now, and stop with Dragoon. Dragoon, a more often said to be unpopular job, and Thief, a pretty popular job. While playing both these jobs, and also Ranger, i learned that what job you choose is just for what you like to play, what you would like to see your character as. You should let everyone in his or her own dignity, and let them play their job. Ofcourse, there are certain jobs that ARE stronger, but still, no job is really totally useless. And even IF so, if a person decides to play that job, let him or her. Long discussions about how good or bad they are are nonsense! I have my personal opinion about jobs, and my own style of play. Also, when i create a party, I prefer an RDM over a BRD. But I dont diss any job, and I would never mind to invite any job to my party. (If atleast the "required" tasks in a party can be divided). It is true, as Dragoon i have a harder time to find a party as Thief. And probably, i would prefer a Thief above Dragoon in my party, if i had the choice. But i would never deny any job to play with me, i just let everyone play the way they want. This is just about being social, and respect. Please keep that in mind.

Ofcourse you can talk about any jobs abilities, and give your opinion about a job, or even find a job worthless. But do that in a decent matter, without "dissing" any job. Its a game, remember. Picking on any possible "weaker" jobs is unsocial. In real life you have people with better and worse jobs too. You DONT tell a person with a job that you dont like, that his/her job sucks! In my opinion, that is just being rude.

My personal opinion about the Dragoon job.
                            For me, i like to play as Dragoon. Its an "adventurous" job. And yes, at certain times and places, I knew that the damage i did was not so spectacular. I also think that the strength of a Dragoon really depends on the equipment you have. That is basically why I stopped.. but maybe I will level it when I get Thief high and get bored of it^^ First I gotta show my friends how good I am(high level), and I prefer Thief for this moment^^.
                            Its time for me to get past level 50 =P

Thanks for if you read everything that I said in this thread, and I hope you can understand what I mean about "keeping people in their dignity."
                            Last edited by Kittyneko; 10-04-2005, 08:48 AM.
                            http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

People personally i enjoy all jobs each has its downfall and uprise i was main drg till i started hittin gil probs [was noob at the time] so i picked up sam an took it to 65 my goal is to get all jobs af then be the first on Valefor to get sam relic [its been 9months an millions of 75sams without relic yet] so i have huge goals for myself <-- feels the pressure >.<
                              and GL on ur goals an dreams for this game hope no1 quits >.> to early
                              The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

I love dragoon, it's my favorite job and i plan on sticking with it till 75 ..... Atm i'm a DRG42/WAR21 and i love it, especially since my wyvern, Ember helps out so much and it's great to be able to solo some easies by urself with the help of ur wyvern,. ^^ can't wait to get AF armor!

--Jinxx

Comment

Working...
                                X