X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Party vs All Other Sub Discussion.

Originally posted by Djonma View Post
    I used drg/blm through dunes because I didn't want to sub whm and get asked to main heal.
    Why not just use /WAR? Heck, even /MNK would make more sense.
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

lol didn't realize I grabbed the 1st page when I clicked the thread.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
        Why not just use /WAR? Heck, even /MNK would make more sense.
        In Dunes DRG/BLM can use Healing Breath via Poison. However, DRG/WHM is more useful in Dunes IMHO, compare to DRG/WAR at the same level.
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

lol. I forgot /BLM is defensive Wyvern, and BLM has Poison. >_<

I plowed through Valkrum Dunes as DRG/BRD, though... I probably cured more HP with Paeon than I could have with /WHM or /BLM, but that's a clearly biased opinion.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Hmm..... seem like no one has try to /mnk for drg? Would mnk be able to do any good damage as good as subbing /thf, /war, and /sam?!

Comment

Originally posted by seiyaa View Post
              Hmm..... seem like no one has try to /mnk for drg? Would mnk be able to do any good damage as good as subbing /thf, /war, and /sam?!
              No.

It's not that no one has tried it. It's that it's been tried and found to be not worthwhile compared to other subjobs. The Martial Arts traits obviously don't do any good. Subtle Blow is nice, but it's obviously not enough of an issue for most DD to worry about it. Max HP Boost, Dodge, Counter, and Chakra only matter if you're getting hit.

That leaves Focus and Boost. Focus is good, of course, but DRG has Accuracy Bonus II by the time /MNK gets that, so it should be unnecessary. And Boost isn't going to add enough to your damage to justify it.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Besides the fact that there's one for each class, I almost wonder why this topic is stickied. Fairly low amount of information and much of it is old.

So I just got to my 60's and am having to go back and level my then 31 WAR sub (33 right now in a group...hoping to hit 37 by the end of my play time). This is also a perfect time to go back and level SAM. Of course, this bring up my question of which is better for general XP situations?
                ---

Comment

Short answer, Drg/Sam for a good mix of offense (Hasso and Meditate and Store TP) and defense (Seigan and Third Eye)

Best to go Drg/Sam at 60+ IMO.

Store TP doesn't really make a huge difference until you've got some other +store TP stuff through either food or gear, or a combination thereof.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Suppose this is a bad topic to ask this, but would you suggest Chivalrous Chain over PCC for TPing? Also, opinions on that Ecaphoria Ring (sp)? These two things worth my dough?

When would you use /WAR?
                    ---

Comment

Don't take this as gospel because I'm still learning, but I'll see what I can do...

Echphoria Ring is fine. I personally have dual Woodsmans, so I didn't grab one, but if I hadn't, I might have. I am not really a fan of charged items, because I like to be able to resell items (and charged items have a finite lifetime too), but if you need ACC and can't afford anything else, it can certainly help.

Most people seem to recommend Chiv Chain, but I don't know if they are only suggesting it because I don't have PCC or because it's a worthwhile upgrade. A more experienced DRG (or DD in general) will better be able to answer that.

What level are you? I use /WAR pretty much any time when in a party. But I'm only 47 right now, so I'm still not quite ready to use /SAM. I use /BLU for soloing though.

Comment

I'm 63 and have dual woodsman as well. Was just wondering if the extra 2% TP gain was worth it when paired with /SAM. Suppose I could calculate it myself...

Dark Mezraq = 13.3 TP per hit
                        13.3 * .15 = 1.995
                        13.3 + 1.995 = 15.295
                        100/13.3 = 7.5 (8 hits for WS)
                        100/15.2 = 6.5 (7 hits for WS)

13.3 * .17 = 2.261
                        13.3 + 2.261 = 15.561
                        100/15.5 = 6.4 (7 hits for WS) no difference

Course...there could be some mistakes in my calculations with decimals (dunno how they're handled in FFXI) or my understanding of Store TP. EDIT: Looks like you need about 17 TP A HIT to get a 6 hit WS.

And BTW, the only thing that is a charge on the Ecphoria Ring is the cure amnesia. You could just not use it and sell it back whenever needed.
                        Last edited by lufia22; 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM.
                        ---

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          Don't take this as gospel because I'm still learning, but I'll see what I can do...

Echphoria Ring is fine. I personally have dual Woodsmans, so I didn't grab one, but if I hadn't, I might have. I am not really a fan of charged items, because I like to be able to resell items (and charged items have a finite lifetime too), but if you need ACC and can't afford anything else, it can certainly help.

Most people seem to recommend Chiv Chain, but I don't know if they are only suggesting it because I don't have PCC or because it's a worthwhile upgrade. A more experienced DRG (or DD in general) will better be able to answer that.

What level are you? I use /WAR pretty much any time when in a party. But I'm only 47 right now, so I'm still not quite ready to use /SAM. I use /BLU for soloing though.

You probably already found out the answer to that but PCC is better because the Store TP +1 is only good if you have other Store TP + gear on. PCC has +10 Acc which is good because with 2 Woodsman Ring, PCC, Life Belt or Potent Belt (Life Belt is better) that gives you +30 Acc which is good enough, if you can manage to throw more ACC gear on such as Assault Earring etc.etc. then with the rest of your gear slots you can pump gear with +ATK traits to better your Pentas and such. You won't miss the STR +3 from CC or Potent Belt bc it only gives +5 atk (or was it 6) +20 ACC still outweighs that by a long shot. I rarely used /war leveling my drg (DRG75) I would switch out with /thf, /sam, and /drk (yeah /drk got a problem, I was still a badass) war was still lvl 13 when my DRG ding 75 so eh I think outside the box.

But all in all PCC outparse CC with the proper gear to compliment on it
                          sigpic
                          ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Working...
                          X