Taru DRK hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taru DRK hate?

If you can, try capping your weapons, then switch to another weapon and cap it. Later on you wont have time to cap weapons in XP pts since usually they might want you to use a particular weapon.

Also a word of advice, if you are more than 6-10 skill levels behind cap, please do not cap it during a xp pt. It affects your party when you miss a whole bunch. Take time out to cap it in a skill up pt or mission or some other non xp pt.

good luck!
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

My friend told me yesterday him and a hume drk were seeking, almost identical gear (my friends being a little better, a taru). And the hume got 2 invites from parties...that dissapoints me.

I dont watch anime. Sorry.
      Check out my webpage and forums at www.freewebs.com/concordtraceurs
      Parkour-Freerun.
      *~^~*Bard for life*~^~*

Comment

I highly doubt people look at race when they are searching. I sure dont. There's many reason why he got the inv. I doubt race is one of them.

The areas where you encounter stupidity like that are usually lvs 10-60. Especially, for some reason 30-55s. I just always encounter the most enormous idiots around that level range.

Dont worry, if you want to play a taru drk, do it.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
          I highly doubt people look at race when they are searching. I sure dont. There's many reason why he got the inv. I doubt race is one of them.

The areas where you encounter stupidity like that are usually lvs 10-60. Especially, for some reason 30-55s. I just always encounter the most enormous idiots around that level range.

Dont worry, if you want to play a taru drk, do it.
          Heh dont worry, im definetly already playing it. And loving it may i add? Ranged skill is meh but ill have to lvl it someday >.>;

I dont watch anime. Sorry.
          Check out my webpage and forums at www.freewebs.com/concordtraceurs
          Parkour-Freerun.
          *~^~*Bard for life*~^~*

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Neruto View Post
            My friend told me yesterday him and a hume drk were seeking, almost identical gear (my friends being a little better, a taru). And the hume got 2 invites from parties...that dissapoints me.
            I don't look at race. I look and stare at a name that sounds eerily familiar and reeks of "Blisted Player of the Year."

Those I don't even bother telling the time of day to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Neruto View Post
              There are other things to keep in mind. 1 DRK may have had /seacom that explained any number of things. That they were close to leveling, or had a long ways to go. Mentioning that they had any number of weapons available to use. A key piece of equipment. Merits and Rank also can sway somebody into picking one character over another.

Say the leader was building a Lv.50~52 party, one DRK's Lv.52 with 8k EXP tnl, and one only has 1.3k EXP tnl. They would be more likely to grab the one with more EXP needed to level to preserve the level range.

I know if I'm building a party and I run across two people with the same job, and their /seacoms are pretty close to each other, I check if anybody I know has partied with them and vouch for their skills, and then I check out Rank. Rank 7~10 vs. a Rank 4 or 5. I've helped out friend's with mules to get them to Rank 5, but you can't always take a free ride to Rank 6 or higher.

It still sucks though! I've been in parties where people have open questioned the leader why they invited me, an Elvaan RDM. After a few minutes, and a few well managed crises, they sing my praise. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

An example:

@3,600 > L.46 HP {insert homepoint}
                CoP/TAU/RoZ {Yes, please}
                SJ WAR THF {Great Sword}{Scythe} OK

(1) First line explains your TNL and where your HP is if you're not anywhere near town (But have a warp scroll or cudgel so people don't have to twiddle their thumbs waiting for you to haul Taru butt to get to them)

(2) Second explains what you have and don't have installed. It's unfortunate, but because there's so many different expansions that 50% of all players don't own all 100% of expansions, this can become difficult. Showing a leader what you have can save a ton of headache later on when the party is trying to figure out where to go to.

(3) Subjobs you have and weapons you're skilled in. For a DRK, these are the most important things and for any un-retarded party leader, a skillchain is always important than knowing how much l33t gear you're toting.

Comment

even if a taru DRK can play well he will not be as good as other races . bottom line is that Tarus are the worst melee race , no doubt .
                  taru DRK...give me a break... what's next ? taru MNK ? lol -_-;; just heal me midget

Comment

Originally posted by Hell-bottom View Post
                    even if a taru DRK can play well he will not be as good as other races . bottom line is that Tarus are the worst melee race , no doubt .
                    taru DRK...give me a break... what's next ? taru MNK ? lol -_-;; just heal me midget
                    That attitude must win you SO many friends.

"Oops, sorry, I thought that OTHER guy was in red HP. Guess you'll just have to take a Raise I. I don't have MP to spare for someone who doesn't respect me."

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                      That attitude must win you SO many friends.

"Oops, sorry, I thought that OTHER guy was in red HP. Guess you'll just have to take a Raise I. I don't have MP to spare for someone who doesn't respect me."

Icemage

learn2play

Comment

lol pitiful , everything about the tarus is sad xD specially when a taru gets a new armor no one will ever notice the difference , heck even if he gets a relic no one will check him lol (Apocalypse = toothpick) ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hell-bottom View Post
                          lol pitiful , everything about the tarus is sad xD specially when a taru gets a new armor no one will ever notice the difference , heck even if he gets a relic no one will check him lol (Apocalypse = toothpick) ^^
                          Quit trolling the boards, k?

And no, that's not a joke.

Icemage

FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Taru DRKs can offset their HP handicap somewhat with things like Physical Earrings, which are surprisingly cheap. Astrals cost around 800k on Hades, and those Hades are around 10k. And as a Taru, you have more MP naturally to work with. Although at 75 your HP will be alot lower than a Galka DRK, as at 75 the race gap reappears again. Don't let that discourage you though. As long as you play your class well, you'll get recognized by the community and still be able to participate in endgame.
                            Cleverness - Hades
                            75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                            DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Yeah, I have WAR already at 37, but THF is at 16. What level am I going to start needing THF sub, 60 right?

And I agree, DRK looks fun. I'm expecting to go the Atk/STR gear + Acc food method, but is that ideal? And what about subbing NIN and using a 1h Weapon for DoT? So many questions!

And after lvl 55 (or whenever DRK get Rampage) I expect to be fully utilizing a NIN sub when I start spamming Rampage with Absorb TP.

I've also heard that DRKs can't simply keep job abilities active like other jobs, because that spells death.

*sigh* So many questions. I think i'll re-ask when I'm not experiencing a fanboyish infatuation with this job.
                              The Tao of Ren
                              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                              Originally posted by Kaeko
                              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                                Quit trolling the boards, k?

And no, that's not a joke.

Icemage

FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator
                                i'm only saying my openion on the matter , if you don't like what i'm saying, ignore it . what do you think ? that everyone should agree ? if not you will punish him ?

tarutaru has always been in the last place in Melee jobs no buts and ifs , 2nd when i was talking about how gears looked on Tarus , i only said the truth .

Comment

Working...
                                X