Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it necessary to sub thf level 60+?

or is /war ok?

i dont want to level thf at all T_T i hate thf.

please help me out

Re: is it necessary to sub thf level 60+?

No, its not entirely necessary. However, you will be hurting yourself with invites to parties as well as later on in potential HNMLS's.
    Its really wanted for hate control and for big burst weapon skills.

Leveling and having multiple subjobs available shows a commitment to the job and will make you more appealing to potential parties and ls's.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

/thf is hardly necesary, you can get to 75 very easily without it, though I tell you as a drk/war hate becomes an issue when you switch to VT's, unless you have an uber tank you'll die a lot.

I despise thf, I hate the job with a passion, however I had to level it for my sky LS and I did it, just level it to 37 the second it turns 37, use a warp club and never main it again, ever.
      Drk 75 War 42 Sam 37 Thf 37 Nin 37 Drg 22 (Next subjob to be leveled)

Comment

Its best to have both ready, there are some party combos that /thief is better and some party combos where /warrior is the better. In the long run it will pay to be flexable with subjobs.
        Personally I loved playing thief/war but I hate what thief main job has become.

Comment

Think of it this way, you CAN level any odd job combo, ex. Warrior/Blackmage, the real question is, how much easier will it be if you do somethin like Warrior/Monk. WAR will work, but THF will get you alot more PT's and it will also get you into some HNMLS's as stated above. The more options avail the better.
          -Lionheart

I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself-

Comment

I'm about to hit 60 and before I do I'll have THF to 30 at least. Yes, get thf.

I dont like the job either, I'm two levels away from 30 then I've to bring it to 37.. and since I despise SATA in the first place I'm not even sure what way DRK uses it? Do they stack it and SATA onto someone else? I static with a PLD, so SATA isnt the most useful thing.
            Standablaze
            Server: Ramuh
            Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
            Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Actually, it's better to go with sub WAR until you hit 65/66. Better DPS and better hit ratios. Subbing THF at 60 will mean a lack of contribution on your part to the PT output.

65/66 you get Cross Reaper/Spinning Slash which benefits from SATA a lot (IMHO, it's too dependant on SATA due to accuracy issues) and the output from that damage will make up some of the DPS slack from subbing THF.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                Actually, it's better to go with sub WAR until you hit 65/66. Better DPS and better hit ratios. Subbing THF at 60 will mean a lack of contribution on your part to the PT output.

65/66 you get Cross Reaper/Spinning Slash which benefits from SATA a lot (IMHO, it's too dependant on SATA due to accuracy issues) and the output from that damage will make up some of the DPS slack from subbing THF.
                I dunno, I never liked SATA CR, the multihit makes it more appealing for me to sub war, in exp my guillos average 800-900 if I get all the hits, 600-700 for 3, etc.

CR has always been more consistent for me, nailing upwards to 800-900 while one missed hit is about 400-500 damage. Hell for a time my highest damage was a 1,248 Cross Reaper with an unresisted Darkness mirror on a Hobgoblin in Bibiki Bay at 72 as Drk/war with Souleater up. Fact is for standard exp, when your using scythe thf sub just isn't that good, I much prefer /nin or /war. Though I tell you this, with a lot of the events I do and all the KSNM's I been doing and the fact people on my server will refuse to pt with me outright if I don't have a nin tank... /nin has become my new main sub.

It bothers me because I never get to do Drk/war anymore, knowing what kind of power I can unleash and knowing that have to hold back constantly really bugs me, people believe that a pld slows down exp... they forget it allows certain melee like drk's to really unload... especially by not being forced to sub nin so damn much. -_-

The TP gain on drk/nin is pretty crappy, capped Desperate blows (15% haste during Last Resort) and capped Last Resort recast merits really help along with ABS-Tp but it's just not the same as the brutality of Drk/war. ; ;
                Drk 75 War 42 Sam 37 Thf 37 Nin 37 Drg 22 (Next subjob to be leveled)

Comment

Originally posted by DrkMateo
                  It bothers me because I never get to do Drk/war anymore, knowing what kind of power I can unleash and knowing that have to hold back constantly really bugs me, people believe that a pld slows down exp... they forget it allows certain melee like drk's to really unload... especially by not being forced to sub nin so damn much. -_-

The TP gain on drk/nin is pretty crappy, capped Desperate blows (15% haste during Last Resort) and capped Last Resort recast merits really help along with ABS-Tp but it's just not the same as the brutality of Drk/war. ; ;
                  Well, CR has a nasty habit (At least for me) of missing completely if the first hit didn't nail. Which is why I recommended SATA (Since it's only 2 hits, it's not as bad as trying to SATA Guillotine where there's 4 hits, since only the first hit benefits from SA and TA only transfers hate for /thf and doesn't give any meaningful boost to damage)

But I agree with you that now the TP burns are centering around main NIN and that you're required to sub NIN as a melee. Two things:

(1) This is any more efficient how? The only melees that benefit from subbing NIN are THFs and WARs. Adding a 4th/5th TP disguises this apparent inefficiency.

(2) PLDs are being dscriminated against in mass wholesale.

I know my suggestions to slight modification in how Utsusemi is accessed is unpopular with 80% of the players in the game (The other 20% are those who actually see TP burns as a gross abuse of the system and/or are main job PLDs) But this part of the discussion is for some other thread.

Bottom line is that not just DRKs, but many other jobs are being held back in their potential. Subbing THF was bad enough, but since the latest "hip" seems to have moved on to subbing NIN, it only serves to weaken DRKs further and cause further degradation of the job class that is supposed to be a formidable damage class.

Comment

this may seem like a dumb question, but im a lvl 10 noob warrior, should i lvl to thirty,get dark then lvl with war subbed, or should i start lvling theif now so i wont have to lvl it later?

Comment

Personal preference, but I would prefer to take WAR/MNK to 37, THF/WAR to 37, and then go DRK without having to go through the hassle of putting all your gear away, rearranging your inventory, buying new gear just to level THF after you had already started on DRK.

Comment

Nope you don't "need" to, but its nice to have. Besides have a fully leveled THF sub helps when you're waiting for an invite and go out farming or something.
                        "For too long, people just accepted their fate, their destiny. I for one, choose to fight it everyday, because to a man, there is no worthier an adversary." -Me

Linkshells: WindurstCavalry http://windurstcavalry.org | DarkLegacy http://dl.finalfantasyeleven.org

Comment

Since this thread is actually pretty old, it should be noted that the /Samurai subjob is now very viable for Dark Knights at 30+ since the latest round of updates improved the Samurai job.

Icemage

Comment

I should've read this thread before posting mine >_<

Comment

Why do we have two topics on this?

Short Answer: No

Medium Answer: You're only hurting yourself. THF sub isn't neccessary, but it will help your invite rate a bit and give you some more variety with your DD options.
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X