DNC/NIN Ninjutsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNC/NIN Ninjutsu

Ok been a DNC/NIN for a good while now, and I started to think about looking into very thing i can do, to preform better then I am now.

To make this short, even with Ninjutsu capped at 114 as DNC/NIN 75

Is it worth even trying to use enfeebling Ninjutsu?

paralize
    slow
    poison
    blind

all would be nice for a DNC to be able to do

my Ninjutsu is only in the mid 80s and yeah I know I need to cap it ;p and is why I am asking this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: DNC/NIN Ninjutsu

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    Ok been a DNC/NIN for a good while now, and I started to think about looking into very thing i can do, to preform better then I am now.

To make this short, even with Ninjutsu capped at 114 as DNC/NIN 75

Is it worth even trying to use enfeebling Ninjutsu?

paralize
    slow
    poison
    blind

all would be nice for a DNC to be able to do

my Ninjutsu is only in the mid 80s and yeah I know I need to cap it ;p and is why I am asking this.
    When you're fighting anything worth its salt, your ninjutsu have a very low(if any) chance of landing, since the skill is at half the level.

Maybe for really really easy mobs, it'll be ok to do, but your spells most likely aren't going to land for anything else.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
      When you're fighting anything worth its salt, your ninjutsu have a very low(if any) chance of landing, since the skill is at half the level.

Maybe for really really easy mobs, it'll be ok to do, but your spells most likely aren't going to land for anything else.
      I figured as much, I just wanted to hear it from someone else lol.... well atleast /NIN still gives me shadows and dual wield ;p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/war...w-use-nin.html

Elemental debuffs are completely irresistible. If you use that one Flourish thing that primes someone for a skillchain, then doing this beforehand can buff the SC damage nicely.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Elemental Ninjutsu's not all that bad if you're skill chaining or have a BLM in the PT...

otherwise all you really need is shihei, shinobi-tabi and sanjaku-tanugui (sp?)
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Or any job capable of casting enfeebles etc. Lets that RDM equip a little more MND for para/slow potency. But its not really worth the cost

you also don't need tonko monomi tools with spec jig

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

With AF, spec. jig duration maybe okay, depends on what event the DNC is doing.
              Server: Quetzalcoatl
              Race: Hume Rank 7
              75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Only Ninjutsu tool a DNC ever needs is Shihei. If you're in an area where the mobs detect by JA, then 9 times out of 10, they're gonna see/hear ya anyways. Just gotta be slightly more aware of your surroundings, looking for safe spots to recast, is all.

Comment

The only real problem with DNC/NIN casting elemental ninjutsu is the casting time. The resist down effect always works, but that's 4 seconds that you're casting instead of gaining TP.

Now, if you find you're in a setup where you're always left with more TP than you know what to do with anyhow, then this is a viable option if you're skillchaining (or if you've got a free-nuking BLM or SCH).

The enfeebling ninjutsus you're much better off leaving to the experts who have something more than half-level skills to land.

I cemage

Comment

I tested an extreme THF/NIN build with HQ staves, grips, ninjutsu skill, magic accuracy, 8 merits, elemental debuffs, ect...
                    I could land hojo: ichi on Tough peiste.

Sometimes you just want a little edge, such as when soloing king arthro at 18 minutes and 50 people are crowding and spamming provoke.
                    Warning level cat face.
                    ?:3
                    E:
                    : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrankittycat View Post
                      when soloing king arthro
                      wut
                      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...