To heal or not to heal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To heal or not to heal....

So i hit 70 a days ago and prepairing for my 75 lvl cap fight can't remember the guys name... >.>

but anyway i was just capping my EXP and i geared up for DD and as i got up to sky i was asked if i could sub whm and be 2nd healer...

I've only ever equiped myself for DD and never healing because i'm galka and even with astral rings and other MP gear galkas still have a low MP pool not really enough for a back up healer...thats why i choose to walk the DD path and at the end of the day i usually end up with more XP with my DD parties then in my healer parties...Yes i've tried being main and back up healer in a few parties in Bib. Bay...wasn't my fortie So i sold all my gear i optimized for healing and mainly equipped for DD.

Anyways...now that you've read that...what do you think?

Q: Should Galka Blu optimize both aspect of being a DD and a healer main or back up? Also should Blu carry around healing gear for healing while XPing as DD and vis versa for healing...??

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: To heal or not to heal....

i would never expect a BLU to main or back up as a back liner, one time the BLU (leader) wanted to heal and have me melee (RDM) i was like "o.O isn't it ment to be the other way around" he was an Elvaan and did a pretty good job
    "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
    "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
    "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Since blu has been shaped into a primarily DD role by the playerbase, I would say to prioritize your equipment and such for that. Once you've got that taken care of I'd call a healing setup an optional next step but I would do it myself just to play every aspect of the job.

I don't think being a galka should really make much of a difference. Your max mp isn't what counts when healing so much as the rate at which you recover mp, which is going to be the same regardless of race.

As for carrying around both sets of equip, do whatever you feel like. If it's the type of party where you're going to go through a lot of reps and your role is likely to change, then it'd definatley be a good idea, but if not and you have space issues I wouldn't blame you for carrying the melee set only.

How different would your equip be for healing, really? Light Staff and a few good mnd swaps should be all you need right?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yeah really all you need is 2 good MND rings and earrings and a light staff or the HQ...nothin really else needed...that i can think of but there might be other peices...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Promise Badge is good and cheap too. If it's only going to be different by 4ish pieces, might as well carry the healing stuff around all the time.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

For healing I carry:

Loquacious Earring
            Death Earring
            2x Electrum Rings
            Heirarch belt
            Rainbow Cape
            Justice Badge
            Light Staff
            Dark Staff
            Errant body

Comment

Seeing BLU used as healers is pretty rare, particularly at higher levels when nearly every BLU I see is using /THF to pull off some disgustingly large skillchains. As a Galka BLU, this becomes even less likely. You might get asked to do a little bit of backup healing now and then, but I doubt anyone will request that a Galka BLU do main healing.

Icemage

Comment

I was healing last night/early this morning on my hume blue mage. Well I wouldn't call it healing since all the DD's were /nin and all i got to do was keep them at cap and spam magic fruit after Incenrate. Didn't get to use a lot of my spells either besides the random time pegiuns weren't around. Wasn't horrible and was pretty boring but i got decent exp.

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                  Yeah really all you need is 2 good MND rings and earrings and a light staff or the HQ...nothin really else needed...that i can think of but there might be other peices...
                  Just so you know, the HQ Light Staff isn't gonna do anything for your cures besides give you one extra MND (and VIT, if you're using Magic Fruit). It doesn't enhance cure potency any more than the NQ. If you were healing for 450 with Light Staff (using Magic Fruit), you'd only heal for 453 with Apollo's Staff.

Rank 10 All Nations
                  Zilart/CoP/ToAU Complete
                  Assault Rank: Captain
                  Campaign Rank: Wings of Honor ∮∮∮∮
                  Unique Quests complete: 465
                  Maps Obtained: 79/79

Comment

Working...
                  X