Blue Mage Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Mage Skills

Alright Im a lvl 9 blu right now, And I read somewhere that you can pick up skills that are at MOST 10 lvls ahead of you.

Helldive is a lvl 16 skill to use and Ive been trying to get it for soo long now, had it done to me plenty of times but still havent picked it up.

Is the 10 lvl limit wrong and if so whats the right info on picking up skills?

Any help..
    Currently: 30Mnk/25Whm/19War/37Blu/10Blm/20NIN and growing!

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Blue Mage Skills

it's harder to get spell higher lvl than you and some spells can and *will* take many hours to get. As I like to cite my favorite example: 55 tries for learning self destruct took me a whooping 10 hours to learn in brief. The 10 lvl limit apparently go down when you reach lvl 50, then go down again at lvl 60 and go down again at lvl 70.

Comment

If you don't have another job at L75 and a bunch of L75 friends who are willing to spend hours getting you spells, I wouldn't recommend leveling BLU. Many higher level spells such as Radiant Breath, Frentic Rip, Refueling, Diamondhide, Body Slam and many many more are impossible to learn alone at the level they can be used or even at 75. Many spells such as Frentic Rip are outrageously difficult to learn because just getting the enemy to use those abilities is already extremely difficult. Combine that with the low learning rate and you'll have no hair left on your head by the time you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju
        If you don't have another job at L75 and a bunch of L75 friends who are willing to spend hours getting you spells, I wouldn't recommend leveling BLU. Many higher level spells such as Radiant Breath, Frentic Rip, Refueling, Diamondhide, Body Slam and many many more are impossible to learn alone at the level they can be used or even at 75. Many spells such as Frentic Rip are outrageously difficult to learn because just getting the enemy to use those abilities is already extremely difficult. Combine that with the low learning rate and you'll have no hair left on your head by the time you're done.

If Im nowhere near lvl 75, and I have to have blu as main to learn the spells.... that wouldnt really matter until I get the higher level. I guess Im just going to fight birds til I get the damned thing but now that I know that it really REALLY can take forever to get some of these and it's not just me or something.. I see a bit of hope.
        Currently: 30Mnk/25Whm/19War/37Blu/10Blm/20NIN and growing!

Comment

Originally posted by Miyokonami
          If Im nowhere near lvl 75, and I have to have blu as main to learn the spells.... that wouldnt really matter until I get the higher level. I guess Im just going to fight birds til I get the damned thing but now that I know that it really REALLY can take forever to get some of these and it's not just me or something.. I see a bit of hope.
          The point being made above is that, more so than any other job except Summoner, getting all your abilities as a BLU virtually requires friends at level 75. Beyond a certain point, some of the spells you'll need will simply be impossible to learn without sitting down and grinding them out with level 75 friends (most of the stuff from Lumoria, for instance, particularly Disseverment), .

Icemage

Comment

I wouldn't worry about Hleldive just yet. When I was 9-10 I went to Giddeus/Ft. Ghelsba/Palborough Mines and made sure that I got all of my level 12 spells (and coincidentally got Helldive killing a bird for a fire crystal on my way from Valkurm to San'Doria lol). Some spells take forever to learn, while others you'll learn without even realizing it (I got Blood Drain last night and didn't find out until this morning when I went to set my spells!).

I like the challenge of finding all my new spells, and when it takes forever, it just makes the reward sweeter

Comment

Working...
            X