/THF Subjob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /THF Subjob question

I was wondering who here has a /THF they are using on BLU?

What kind of damage can you do with SA in a Skillchain?

Like something like this:

"Setup"
    /ja "Chain Affinity" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Burst Affinity" <me>
    /wait 2
    /ws "Red Lotus Blade" <t>

"Finisher"
    /ja "Sneak Attack"
    /wait 1
    /ma "Jet Stream" <t>
    /wait 4
    /ma "Bomb Toss" <t>

(I just put Red Lotus Blade in the setup to simplify this thread...normally I wouldn't have any WS in the setup. I could do Red Lotus Blade myself and then do the finisher.)

Would that work? Does anyone with /THF use anything like that? What kind of damage would Jet Stream do?
    "Sub jobs are a lot like sex, you shouldn't have it until you're 18 and if you don't have it by 21 then you're made fun of"

Re: /THF Subjob question

that is on weak mob by the way... done by 60blu friend of mine

I PTwith level 52Blu/Thf his SA uppercut was doing consistent 600-700 damage if i remember correctly. very impressive.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Wow...

so is it actually better to do CASATA one move than to do a Skillchain with the move in it?

Would a standard CASA move at lvl 50 do more damage than a Skillchain with CASA in it?
      "Sub jobs are a lot like sex, you shouldn't have it until you're 18 and if you don't have it by 21 then you're made fun of"

Comment

hmm i don't quite understand your question. But if SATA increases your physical blue magic damage, why not use it to close skillchain. That will increase your skillchain damage too.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by IgotGAME
          Wow...

so is it actually better to do CASATA one move than to do a Skillchain with the move in it?

Would a standard CASA move at lvl 50 do more damage than a Skillchain with CASA in it?
          There is no reason that CASA on its own should do more damage than a skillchain with CASA in it. Not only do you have the damage from a weaponskill in the latter version, but you get the additional damage of having created a chain.

In fact, there is no reason that i can see to even do CA if not doing a skillchain. And i think the image posted above in order to illustrate the damage achievable with SATA and blue magic was in fact part of a skillchain.

Comment

As far as I know, Trick Attack doesn't increase damage at all when using /THF. All it does is assign hate to whoever you're standing behind. It's Sneak Attack that's doing all the damage there I think.

Icemage

Comment

Man I really need to level THF and try this out.

Comment

CA at 100% TP with SA helps with your DMG, I achieve 900+ DMG on exp Tourmas at lvl 61 BLU/30THF

Here is a screenshot of me at 60 in Valley of Sorrows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Zempten/SADD.jpg

We had a 62 in the PT, hence why the exp was kind of shotty
                Last edited by Zempten; 06-26-2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

^ in that picture above...

Where did the first part of the Fusion Skillchain go?? At first I thought he just did a one hit sneak attack, but then I see Fusion for 500+ HP, but where is the first part of the skillchain? I don't see any weapon skills used on that whole screen shot. Am I missing something?

Also, does THF get dual wield or double attack or something? you seem to be hitting the enemy a lot..almost like a NIN.
                  Last edited by IgotGAME; 06-27-2006, 05:20 AM.

Comment

So what would be better? WS -> CASA(TA) -> MA + Burst or straight forward CASA(TA) -> MA + Burst?

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
                    BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
                    Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
                    Paragon of White Mage Excellence
                    Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                    My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

probably filtered.

your CA will not make skillchain on it's own. so you need WS first.
                      And without skillchain you can't burst

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by piroko
                        So what would be better? WS -> CASA(TA) -> MA + Burst or straight forward CASA(TA) -> MA + Burst?

You can burst just after CASA(TA)?? You need to skillchain first right? The only way to skillchain is you have to use a WS so the first thing you posted would be correct if I am thinking right.

Comment

SC with another person, I ment

Elffy the untamed beast... ...master!
                          BST75/RDM73/WHM51/NIN40/BRD38/WAR37/BLM37...
                          Paragon of Beastmaster Excellence
                          Paragon of White Mage Excellence
                          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
                          My quest for a very full wardrobe continues...

Comment

SC with another person, I ment
                            yea that may be a good idea so you could use your TP on your physical spell instead of using it for your WS.

Man I can only imagine what a 300%TP SACA Mandibular Bite would be doing right now for me

I need to lvl THF tonight

Comment

I have it filtered because I would rather rely on actually seeing the guy doing the WS then relying on the message mainly because I think it helps me concentrate more when I'm playing.

I'm hitting alot because I'm using some accuracy+% food and also wearing some accuracy gear. Still rying to find the best balance of accuracy and attk/str.

No, THFs don't get double attack or dual wield, but they do get Triple Attack. However you can't get that via THF as a SJ. I can only be aquired by having THF as main.

If MP permits, I can MB after ending a SC for anywhere from 288 with Radiant Breath on Fusion SC or Eyes on Me for 300+(don't remeber the exact number) on Gravitation SC. The timing is tricky for a MB though.

Double Post Edited:
                              Personally, I feel any Sword WS is weak on exp type mobs. So therefore I think it's a bad idea to self SC. I believe you do more DMG with that 100% TP and a SA.

Also if your attempting to MB afterwards, you won't have time to do a BA and land your MB(I think it's Burst Affinity, no?) after your Physical Blue Magic. So it's best to use CA and BA, and then go for a SA + Physical Blue Magic and then go for your Magical Blue Magic.

So, I think the latter options is better basically.
                              Last edited by Zempten; 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X