This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu 2hr idea!

Well for those who have played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, then you may know of the Blue mage support ability that takes MP dmg instead of HP. So I think that the BLU 2hr should be similar to this. This would have a "provoke" effect and make the mob attack you but you only recieve MP dmg. I believe this would work much like a PLDs Invincible and last for about 30+sec. This was just an idea i had, tell me what you think or if you have your own BLU 2hr.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Re: Blu 2hr idea!

Think what you just stated has generally been the specialty of Blue Mages to take damage to MP instead of HP. How they choose to impliment that though will be intresting to see.

Outside of that with how many monster abilities that exists and how powerful some are I could see 2hr possibly acting like SMNs Astral Flow but the Blue Mage deals what SE would consider a powerful ability of that monster or enhancing the next ones he uses.

I'm actually quite curious of what Traits will they give the Blue Mage. Seems every Mage has Clear Mind so that seems like a given but what else? RDM has Fast Cast, BLM has Conserve MP, WHM has Regen HP, SMN has Regen MP, BLU has ???

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

However, with a potential 2 hour ability like that comes the question of whether Invincible can override the hate or not. Like how Invincible has a more hated effectiveness than Benediction.
      Altaeciana:75RDM/40BLM/71WHM/40SMN/37NIN/37DRK/40RNG/37WAR
      Elemental days of our lives . . .:Fire-Earth-Water-Wind-Ice-Thunder-Light-Dark

Comment

Originally posted by Altae
        However, with a potential 2 hour ability like that comes the question of whether Invincible can override the hate or not. Like how Invincible has a more hated effectiveness than Benediction.
        Lol, ooh that'll be an intresting add your mention of Benediciton had me wonder. What if the Blue Mages 2hr is like Benediction but instead of HP it's MP. Probably a little close to BLMs Manafont in an effect though.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Oh man, I can just see the selfish party members now...

"omg im like at 10%mp y didnt u use ur 2hr!!!!?"
          DRK75 BLM75 WAR37 THF37 NIN37 SAM38 WHM38 RDM37

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Moved to Blue Mage forums.

Yes, we have a Blue Mage forum now.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

1st idea: It could work...but that'd just inspire a huge amount of down time. The whole point of a 2hr is an "oh s***" button so to speak...to use when you are in dire need of an ability (save Dragoon). As a Blue Mage, sure you'd tank fine till you run out of MP...then you'd be dead. You might be able to use Battery (Magic Pot Skill) to give you a few extra seconds, or lower down time...but chances are that ability has a huge cooldown.

2nd idea: AoE MP Benediction. Very very situational. Quite possible...but I don't really see it happening. Square-Enix tends to keep rehashed stuff for Job Abilities and keeps the 2hr somewhat unique.
              All spells obtained!
              Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                Lol, ooh that'll be an intresting add your mention of Benediciton had me wonder. What if the Blue Mages 2hr is like Benediction but instead of HP it's MP. Probably a little close to BLMs Manafont in an effect though.
                I'd use that abilty every two hours or so.

(Mistigris) (Manadiction) (ready) you manadicts!
                Mistigris uses Manadiction!
                Mistigris recovers 537 MP!
                Landstander recovers 819 MP!
                Assofjack recovers 789 MP!
                Hankthetank recovers 213 MP!
                Emonator recovers 174 MP!
                Kainxvii recovers 0 MP!
                (Mistigris) lol drg

Comment

I was thinking about this for awhile myself actually, since SE is gearing FFXI towards a little bit more solo-friendly of late, to compete with WoW and such, BLU could possibly be an answer to that. They said, offically, Blue mage will be a hybrid job. Possessing melee advantage and mage skill, like a Red Mage, but slightly more melee effective. So a 2hr, Channel. It would act like the HP absorb move Mammets used in CoP missions, where any physical damage recieve would convert directly into HP gain. It'd be a nice way to keep your butt alive for a few seconds if its a dire thing, and if blue mage is also supposed to be meant towards a new tank position (there is mention of a alternative tank being added, possibly) it would be better than Invincible if it draws hate the same way.

Comment

i would think it would being so powerful it would b a advance job blue sounds like a mix of rdm powers and a lil of blm ablilitys in it but alot more powerful i bet blu would b my number one job under smn and whm bc there both hl around level 50
                    i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

LadyPeorth, not all the 2hrs are an "Oh S***" use type. Eagle Eye Shot after Sidewinder and Barrage it's damage is just a little extra. Astral Flow is useless if you are out of MP, so it's to be used in planned attack. BSTs 2hr just enhances what ever monster you've currently charmed useless for last ditch effort if you don't have a pet. BRDs Soul Voice basically lets you lay on 2 of the same effect with the Soul Voice one lasting longer. Mighty Strikes and Hundred Fists is only effective if you can land the hits. Of course the DRGs 2hr is a given it isn't a last effort 2hr.

The only ones that seem to really qualify are the SAMs 2hr, NINs 2hr, Invincible, Benediction, Manafont, Chainspell (better if RDM is capable of convert), Blood Weapon, and Perfect Dodge.

Another possible I thought depends on yet another idea of how Blue Mage might work. If Blue Mages are limited to how much they can learn of monster abilities at a time then a 2hr that expands how many monster abilities they can learn or lets them learn a monster ability instantly for their current play session.

Comment

i think u will turn into a giant pie.. and the mob will eat u.. then u will claw ur self outta him! instant kill.... lol

Comment

Actually my Guess at a BLU 2hr woudl be quite simply "Learn" Every two hours you can attempt to extract an ability from your opponet, or mabe upgrade the level of the skill absorbed.

It woudl make sence seemign there has to be a way to regulate the learning Curve that BLU will have over other job classes.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

An interesting idea.
                            "I'm up for anything, as long as it doesn't get me killed."

~Lycosius

Comment

2hr will most likely be Lancet, giving the job a more 'pokemon' feel where you must pick and choose what abilities you'd like to attempt to obtain. Obviously it wouldn't be 100% success, so you can't just collect abilities like trading cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X