thats very impressive...hot damn! @_@;

Comment

Re: Am II MB

i wanna see more lol, thats cool

Comment

/me stares at the AM II MB SS.
        /me drops his jaw.
        /me drops his searing hot coffee in his lap.

Oh! Damn that's hot!

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Very, very impressive. I have to say, I haven't heard BLMs complaining about this update hardly at all, even with the addition of NM Magic Resistance. The AM IIs are just incredible spells.
          RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
          Bastok Rank 10 Completed
          Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
          Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
          Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

So...how much MP do those spells cost? >.>

BRD72 BST58 Windurst 8
            Got to charm em all!
            lolemobst~Veve~

Comment

287 MP? Right?

These spells aren't Tier II AM - They're H.Q. AM. They cost less MP, deal more damage, and take less time to cast.
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

BLM Merits

Says they're 287MP each cast, 10 second casting time, which make them faster casts and less MP consumption than basic AMs. Freeze is the least expensive AM at 307MP, and casts in just under 18 seconds. Flare is 383MP and is a 19 second cast. So less casting time, less MP.

Compared to Thundaga III which is 322MP and just over 7 second cast time. So these are viable options for MB now.
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

No Dedication or Sanction icons in the screenie, so I figured low-end to mid-range VT.

People on BG have criticized the screenies saying that the mobs are weak to magic, take double damage, etc etc. They don't see to understand that we're not agawk at BLM being broken or anything. We're just awed by the fact that so much damage could be done in so short a time to anything. I'd say the same thing if the OP nuked a lv1 mob for even close to that amount.
                  Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                  62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                  Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                  Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                  My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

These mobs are weak to practically everything but they have massive HP. They are VT-IT to 75 and found around the Dvucca staging area. But yes fun to see massive numbers on things.

On a side note, has anyone notice a negative enmity trait or less enmity than Tier IVs associated with AMIIs. Or am I just seeing things.

Here's my example

I was up in the range blasting buffalos with my two BLM buddies. Grendle, who has crazy merits, lands Burst II for 1794 (Thundersday and obi). I land a 1047 with Thunder IV and the thing immediate turns on me. I'd done nothing but cast my Thunder IV and Grendle had tossed the initial Gravity as well. He doesn't have -enmity merits and just the standard -enmity most BLMs have from AF and regular nuking gear.

Any thoughts?
                    Last edited by Zaeeth; 08-08-2006, 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Zaeeth
                      These mobs are weak to practically everything but they have massive HP. They are VT-IT to 75 and found around the Dvucca staging area. But yes fun to see massive numbers on things.

On a side note, has anyone notice a negative enmity trait or less enmity than Tier IVs associated with AMIIs. Or am I just seeing things.

Here's my example

I was up in the range blasting buffalos with my two BLM buddies. Grendle, who has crazy merits, lands Burst II for 1794 (Thundersday and obi). I land a 1047 with Thunder IV and the thing immediate turns on me. I'd done nothing but cast my Thunder IV and Grendle had tossed the initial Gravity as well. He doesn't have -enmity merits and just the standard -enmity most BLMs have from AF and regular nuking gear.

Any thoughts?
                      Probably something along the lines of Cure V for whm - doesn't draw anywhere as much hate as lower tiered cures.

Comment

God &#@*! that is the the THE absolute most damage I have ever seen in-game.

/jawdrop
                        /omfg
                        /faint

All the more reason to play BLM...
                        Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
                        Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

New here , do you guys want my formula on AM II?

Comment

Damn, that's really big damage. I have a similar one.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              Damn, that's really big damage. I have a similar one.
                              holy fuck
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                                holy fuck
                                Lamia Idolators have like 15,000~20,000 hp, the quirk however is that they take double to quadruple damage from well . . . . . basically everything you can throw at them.
                                If you want to know what the weaponskills/skillchains/spells actually would have done to a normal mob just divide it with two in case of weaponskills/free nukes and by four in case of skillchains/MB'd nukes.
                                Last edited by Liquidedust; 10-07-2006, 02:39 PM. Reason: wrote wrong hp range
                                Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
                                Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X