Help with Escape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Escape?

Okay I can't seem to find out how/where/when I can get escape to use... anyone else know?

I went on allakhazam and couldn't find the info there which was really odd.

Yeahh. Please help! thanks.
    Currently: 30Mnk/25Whm/19War/37Blu/10Blm/20NIN and growing!

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Help with Escape?

Do you mean where do you get the scroll? It's dropped of Banshees in Qufim and Gusgen Mines.

Or do you mean what zones can you use it in? Anything that's classified as a dungeon (Various mines/caves/ruins, Qufim, Dagruf Wadi, etc.).

Edit: With my 1337 hax0r skills, I remembered Vana'diel Atlas is handy. Basically anything shown in purple on there.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you mean where to get the spell, it drops from Banshees, or you can buy on the AH.

If you mean where you can use it - only in dungeons.

edit: Ellipses = hax.

Comment

Ha wow. Yeah I just reread what I wrote.

I want to know what lvl/job I can use this at, and I also wanted to know where to get it, figured AH but didn't know what monsters or quests you could get it from.

Comment

It's a BLM 29 spell.

I can't believe I haven't plugged FFXIClopedia yet in this post. Really handy for looking this sort of thing up. (Usually faster than certain other sites, too.)
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

used at level 29 if I remember right :p
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I have a somepage search bar for Firefox, but FFXICylopedia is also nifty.

Comment

Sweet. thanks.

BLM is next to be lvled by me.

Comment

Such a useful spell....and such a long time to cast.

/Vysey starts casting escape
                  /party dies
                  /Vysey escapes

Huzzah!
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog
                    Such a useful spell....and such a long time to cast.

/Vysey starts casting escape
                    /party dies
                    /Vysey escapes

Huzzah!
                    [Pile of dead bodies] [Do you need it?]

Comment

Black Mage spell level 29.

Usable in nearly all indoor zones including some zones that look like outdoors, but are actually dungeons, such as Davoi, Ghelsba Outpost, Giddeus, Ifrit's Cauldron, etc.

It drops you off at a predetermined point just outside a zoneline to the zone you Escaped from (not always the zone you entered from - for instance, if you enter Korroloka Tunnel from Eastern Altepa Desert, casting Escape drops you into the middle of Zeruhn Mines, NOT Eastern Altepa Desert).

Icemage

Comment

Would it be anywhere that you can't bring a Chocobo into (excluding isolated zones like Xarcabard)?
                        Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                        62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                        Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                        Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                        My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                          Black Mage spell level 29.

Usable in nearly all indoor zones including some zones that look like outdoors, but are actually dungeons, such as Davoi, Ghelsba Outpost, Giddeus, Ifrit's Cauldron, etc.

It drops you off at a predetermined point just outside a zoneline to the zone you Escaped from (not always the zone you entered from - for instance, if you enter Korroloka Tunnel from Eastern Altepa Desert, casting Escape drops you into the middle of Zeruhn Mines, NOT Eastern Altepa Desert).

Icemage
                          I found this out when my LS took me to Bastok via Gusgen > Oldton > North Gustaberg. Pretty nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryhus
                            Would it be anywhere that you can't bring a Chocobo into (excluding isolated zones like Xarcabard)?
                            Sort of. You can't cast Escape in any zone that you can normally ride a chocobo, it's true, but not many zones in the game can be chocobo'd to.

A better rule (though still not perfect) is that anywhere you can cast Escape, you can't cast Chocobo Mazurka (Lv73 Bard song that increases movement speed by 33%).

There's a few zones that don't allow EITHER spell to be cast. Ferries of all types (Selbina/Mhaura, Mhaura/Whitegate, Whitegate/Nashmau, Manaclipper, Phanauet Channel) don't allow either one, nor do Zeruhn Mines or Al Zahbi. There's probably a few other places that don't allow both but those are the ones I know of offhand.

Icemage

Comment

My rule for determining if it's a deungeon or not is primarily battle music. Ro'Maeve, for example, isn't chocobo friendly, but i'm 99% certain that when I tested the battle music, it was outdoor theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X