[Black Mage] --- New Spells, where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Black Mage] --- New Spells, where?

I hear all this talk on BLM getting new spells, so I go to Aht Urghan to see if anyone has info on it, and ... nothing. Does ANYONE have ANY info on the new spells? I was on KI looking in the BLM forum and I saw a post about tier II Ancient Magic and tier III Bio/Dia . I don't know how reliable this source is, but AM II sounds awesome and so does Bio/Dia III.

Can anyone confirm this or has a more reliabel source? Any help would be appreciate greatly
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Re: [Black Mage] --- New Spells, where?

if any new spells are made available, it'll probably be in a later update. what people seem to be getting excited about are the presence of "new" spells in the DAT files, but most of them have been there since forever.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

What has been commented on is that .dat files for these spells have recently been either added or changed in the last update. These spells now show a lvl and which jobs can use them ex- AM II spells are for blm 75. Dia/Bio for rdm/blm/whm in the 60's.

Many are hopeful that this means these will become available in scrolls or by meriting. But its all wild speculation. And also if anyone was paying attention, SE gave a general timeline for job changes when they were announced. Changes to jobs are planned to be implemented and analyzed over the next 5 months. But for some reason 99% of forum-goers seemed to think that most jobs received new stuff/abilites/etc the day the expansion came online, which is simply not true. (PLD, all sheild-users, and WHM did tho)
      Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
      75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
      AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
      Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Pld might have got all of its changes, but WHM isn't done. They mentioned a lot more they wanted to try for whm than just adding a tiny effect to bene. Most changes aren't going to be in for a while though.
        Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Yeah, all those .dats have been there for a while. So it dosn't look like we're getting any new spells just yet. However, in the past few months SE DID chance AM II to level 75 BLM, and not a mob-only ability... but as mentioned, it dosn't exist yet.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

I've heard lots of rumors about new spells for Black Mage, and I've even seen some short screen vids of a hume BLM casting Tier V magic. They showed up about the same time as E3 though so I don't know if someone was just playing around and these were actually Tier IV magic vids from the XBox version..

The other thing I saw that I couldn't explain at all was another video - of a hume RDM casting REFLECT on himself. Has anyone else heard anythign about this one?
            Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
            Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
            Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Those were just dat files changed around. Some of the spell casting animations themselves are already in the data. Just change some around and u can see yourself casting utsu san, etc, etc.

Comment

>.> Yeah.. What I want to know is when they said they were going to make BLMS more usefull in Normal parties what did they mean by this... I Know they want to kill the Mana Burn Parties but givening us stronger spells isn't going to help I was thinking like a spell that gives Attack plus or Gives Magic Attack plus.. or a spell that gives everyone spikes, I remember from Final Fantasy one BLM got a spell that boosted Magic Att. I love to see that spell make a return.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Uh....

Dream Shroud, SMN 56 Diabolos: Increases Magic Attack for all players in party

Warlock's Roll, Corsair 46: Increases Magic Accuracy

Wizard's Roll, Corsair 58: Increases Magic Attack

'Nuff said.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                    Uh....

Dream Shroud, SMN 56 Diabolos: Increases Magic Attack for all players in party

Warlock's Roll, Corsair 46: Increases Magic Accuracy

Wizard's Roll, Corsair 58: Increases Magic Attack

'Nuff said.

Icemage
                    Yeah but those are on other jobs not on BLM. They said they'll give BLMs spells to make them more useful in Normal parties. I want to see what they give us.. I still would like to see BLM get some Support Magic besides Warp II...

Comment

Originally posted by Kigu
                      I still would like to see BLM get some Support Magic besides Warp II...
                      Why would thy do this? You're a BLM; you are there for only one reason, to kill mobs. You're not a RDM.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yeah True but.. They did want to stop Mana Burn parties... Any idea how they can stop it besides for fucking over everyone like, only two of the same job can be in the party. because if they did that, it would screw up a lot of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigu
                          Yeah True but.. They did want to stop Mana Burn parties... Any idea how they can stop it besides for fucking over everyone like, only two of the same job can be in the party. because if they did that, it would screw up a lot of crap.
                          The problem with this is meleeburn would still exist(WAR, WAR, SAM, SAM, NIN, BRD) but the other burns would be thwated, peoviding an uneven experience line.

What I would like to see is some more BLM, RDM and BRD JAs. For RDM I think it would be nice if they get a Crimson Seal, which lets them cast a self-only spell(such as Phalanx or Enxxx) on a party member, for BRD something such as "Foaklore" that does something, and for BLM an ability that increases actual spell damage or gives AoE Attack boost.
                          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                          More Sig:

Comment

merit PT right now, except for manaburn, BLM is not wanted for the most part.
                            4DD/nin + BRD + 1 mage is the prefered set up. And Whm or Rdm are the prefered mage here.

Brd's so popular now. Poor SMN still doesn't fit anywhere : /
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I'm sure is a BLM had good friends willing to give i a try, he could get into a melee burn if he had 10MP/tick refresh... other than that, downtime to big.
                              More Sig:

Comment

Working...
                              X