X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baron's items

hi.

atm im playing blm/rdm, blm as sub for rdm.

i found this baron items have cool bonuses on them, just the head got +2 int and "+2 enmity". would that effect hate i get a lot? what other headpiece should i use if yes?

and for how much lvls can i use that?
    War 70, Mnk 30, Drk 75, Thf 37, Bst 8, Nin 37, Blm 37, Dnc 37, Rdm 75

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=288293

Re: baron's items

though seemingly small at first, that +2 enmity will add up over the course of a battle. imho, it's foolish to use the hat. just stick with a silver hairpin until you can use the Seer's headpiece.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I used that hat from 20-28 and didn't have too many problems, when I PT'd with a paladin I didn't get hate at all, with a ninja/war I got hate every now and then but nothing too bad.

Comment

The +2 INT isn't worth the +2 enmity for BLMs. Handful of extra damage in exchange for a lot of potential hurts.

I really like the Baron's Slops, however. +1 mp recovered while healing is really cool.

Icemage

Comment

I'm a RDM and I use three pieces of the Baron set.

-- Baron's Chapeau (head) - In the parties I was in I haven't felt the effects of the added hate. Plus, being a RDM and in the low 20s its as close to the AF hat I am going to get for now

-- Baron's Saio (body) - I like the +1 MIND and INT this piece gives.

-- Baron's Cuffs (hands) - MP +4 and MIND +1, pretty awesome.

-- Mage's Slacks (legs) - Here I decided to go with the INT +1 over the MP regeneration +1 the Baron's Slop gives.

-- Mage's Sandels (feet) - MP +3 like the Baron's feet piece has, but it also has AGI +1 as well.

Overall, I like the look of the armor and I believe the set has helped boost me in a benefitical way. But I think that set has some good attributes for the mage class, even if you decide to ditch the hat.
          You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

-- Mage's Slacks (legs) - Here I decided to go with the INT +1 over the MP regeneration +1 the Baron's Slop gives.
            why not just get both? You dont need the +hmp when nuking.. and you dont need +INT while resting. =)
            Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
            >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
            Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
            >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Alauna
              why not just get both? You dont need the +hmp when nuking.. and you dont need +INT while resting. =)
              Because I was too poor to get both at the time ^_^
              You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

At lvl 75, I still wear my Baron's Slops when resting. I think they are an awesome investment!
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                  At lvl 75, I still wear my Baron's Slops when resting. I think they are an awesome investment!
                  I agree. They're one of the most useful pieces of mage armor in the game. Powerful, flexible, and with a low level requirement which makes them ideal for those times when you need to do level-restricted things.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                  X