Wind Staff Effect Sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Staff Effect Sleep?

Hey I was curious if the wind staff effected my sleep spells, I have all the elemental staves and when i was going through my spells I noticed that sleep was wind, would wind staff have an effect on sleep resists or length or is it only for nukes?

The Staff will help increase the chance of putting the mob to sleep which is why RDM have one when going to fight Maat.
    People look at the world and think why, i look at the world and think why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Akiro
      The Staff will help increase the chance of putting the mob to sleep which is why RDM have one when going to fight Maat.
      According to Allakhazam, and my personal memory, Sleep has the Darkness Attribute not Wind.
      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/spelll...ml?job=blkmage

Where did you hear Wind Staff affected sleep?
      There is no knowledge without experience.
      San dOria Rank4 \\ 30 WAR | 19 MNK | 14 RDM | 8 WHM | 13 BLM | 13 THF | 5 DRK | 10 RNG // Goldsmithing 10
      Windurst Rank4 // 46 WHM | 26 BLM | 20 RDM | 18 WAR \\ Alchemy 11 | Fishing 8

Comment

Originally posted by Akiro
        Most RDM's use Wind staff to increase the damage that their strongest spell, Aero III, does, in addition to cutting down the resists that they have to deal with at the same time. From what I can tell, Dark staff effects the resist rate of sleep, not wind staff.
        For The Horde!!
        Current Gil total spent on gear:
        Current Gil Value of gear:
        Laughing when new players complain about prices:
        Priceless

Comment

Well strongest spell for Maat fight, not strongest spell. Strongest is Thunder III.
          The beast myth: "I hear it gets better next level"

My pet has more HP right now than a level 75 galka monk >.> If only it could provoke...

Comment

Strongest is thundaga3.

Sleep is dark based.

And reason why RDM have wind staffs are because Gravity and Silence are wind based.

Comment

Originally posted by Altruist
              Well strongest spell for Maat fight, not strongest spell. Strongest is Thunder III.
              That would be the implied meaning in what I said. I guess I forgot to mention that I was specifically responding to the circumstance of the RDM Maat fight.
              For The Horde!!
              Current Gil total spent on gear:
              Current Gil Value of gear:
              Laughing when new players complain about prices:
              Priceless

Comment

How come it's green by the sleep spells instead of black if it's based off dark?

Comment

Originally posted by Dryst
                  How come it's green by the sleep spells instead of black if it's based off dark?
                  I don't know what's wrong with your system, but for everyone else, the icon beside the sleep spells is black, and nowhere near green....
                  //Atendias

Comment

Re: Wind Staff Effect Sleep?

Blah its green for me also cause i was wondering that the other day :O and from what i know my system aint wrong..

Comment

I dunno what you're looking at but I'm looking at my spell list right now and the icon is black. >_> Sleep has always been dark based and brd's lullaby has always been light based. This is how it's always been for everyone and it's never been different. Either you're getting confused with the lists or something is corrupt in your system.
                      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                      Originally posted by Balfree
                      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Nana is correct, which is why you have BRDs sleep things that are drk-resistant under all circumstances where it is possible.
                        BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                        Cooking83
                        Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

...this topic is two years old. For the love of little puppies, please stop necroposting..

I'm sure by now most people understand that black dots next to spells mean it's Dark magic and is therefore affected by Dark Staff/Pluto Staff, not Wind Staff.

Icemage

Comment

Um... Not all of us knew the original post was old... <.<;;;;;
                            BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
                            Cooking83
                            Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

Strongest is thundaga3.
                              They were talking about Red Mage, not Black.

Comment

Working...
                              X