Bostaunieux Oubliette*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bostaunieux Oubliette*

Reserved for information on Bostaunieux Oubliette.

Re: Bostaunieux Oubliette*

Level 53-58
    Pet: Dark Aspic
    Prey: Werebats (Aggo, don't link)

I highly recommend going here till 58 as no one will ever bother you and it's a lot better than Garlaige until 57-58.

When you drop down from the Chateau make sure you have sneak up. Head south then west. As you are going west take the second the path south then got west again. Then go south once more and you'll hit a fork take the western path and there will be a path going south again into water.

You should be at F-9. This path has 2 slimes and about 4 werebats. Just use one slime to kill one bat and then get the other one for the next bat till all the bats are dead, your slimes will always regen quickly just be careful not to get aggroed by them once you release them. Once you kill the bats follow the path east past a haunt and you will find 2 more dark aspic and 3 more werebats. While you are killing these the ones at the beginning of the path at F-9 will respawn and you can continue killing them.

The exp is very fast but you will tend to get mischarms fairly frequently on dark aspics until 55 which can slow you down. If the bats are close together dont be afraid to send your slime in after one as the bats do not link but will aggro you. Because the slimes have such high defense the bats don't lose aggro off them very easily. If you let your slime get 5-6 good hits in you can melee with them the rest of the time. By doing this you can prevent your slimes from getting heavily damaged.

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
    Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Not much more can be said about this camp that Thoronas hasn't already said. This camp is awesome; got all of level 54 plus 3k into 55 here in a little over four hours.

Just camped F-9,10, and G-10 of the Second Map charming the Dark Aspics [52-54]. I could kill 5 (occasionally 6) bats before they would respawn.

Never really had any problems with charm on the Aspics; on the few mischarms, Tame landed for me. Never needed to swap pets mid-fight, because the Aspics rarely dropped below one-third health.

Highlights included a chain #2 for 468 on a VT bat with empress band on and I learned Rampage.

Levels 54, 55, and 56 in this camp.
      ---
      Plugging through level 57 here also; although, EXP has slowed down a little bit. Nonetheless, still getting about 2k/hr.

I know GC might be a better option for 57 but, the basement is always loaded with EXP parties/BST's; and by the time I get behind Gate #2, I could have gotten a level down in the Oubliette .

Looking forward to Tor. Canal or U. Range at 58; hopefully I remember how to pet swap XD.

Moved to Toraimarai Canal at 58.
      Last edited by Jugil; 01-08-2007, 05:07 AM.
      BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

I checked this camp out the other day; both of the first two Dark Aspics checked EM to me at 54. Unfortunately, I couldn't get Charm to land at all (with +23 CHR and an Apollo's, neutral day (Windsday)).

Given the layout of the mobs and the almost emptiness of the zone, I can see that this camp has a lot of potential. Going to try coming back here at 55 and see if I have a better time of things.
        I have heard that those who celebrate life
        walk safely amongst the wild animals.
        When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
        the animals find no place to attack them
        and weapons are unable to harm them.
        Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

When I camped here, the Aspics in the first tunnel were both DC to me at 54 (maybe I got lucky in this respect with regards to charming). I have an Apollo's staff and +25 CHR (shouldn't be an issue vs. +23CHR). Most of my mischarms happened on Light's Day, but nothing I couldn't handle.
          BST66

Comment

You should be at F-9. This path has 2 slimes and about 4 werebats. Just use one slime to kill one bat and then get the other one for the next bat till all the bats are dead, your slimes will always regen quickly just be careful not to get aggroed by them once you release them. Once you kill the bats follow the path east past a haunt and you will find 2 more dark aspic and 3 more werebats. While you are killing these the ones at the beginning of the path at F-9 will respawn and you can continue killing them.
            Just a little word of warning from a dragoon soloer there.

The bats and slimes will be wandering the entire hallway, and can spawn up on the steps by the hounds, so it can be a little dangerous. Just keep an eye on your surroundings for repops and wandering stuff and you should be fine.

The worst I ever saw was 3 bats who respawned clustered around the stairs moving in a group.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru
              The bats and slimes will be wandering the entire hallway, and can spawn up on the steps by the hounds, so it can be a little dangerous.
              This is a good point. Subbing WHM, I found it useful to keep sneak up through the first few fights, and let my Aspic "solo" the whole fight until the camp is thinned out a little bit. However, after that, you're essentially free to melee as long as you keep up with the repops.
              BST66

Comment

I tried this camp yesterday at lvl 53. I basically stayed in F-9/10, only venturing past the Haunt at G-10 once. One of the Dark Aspics conned EM to me, and I managed to down-convert a T Dark Aspic to DC.

DC pet vs T Werebat: no problem
                EM pet vs T Werebat: no problem
                DC pet vs VT Werebat: no problem
                EM pet vs VT Werebat: ... problem...

Even with AF boots (the only source of +Charm in my gear setup), the charm duration on an EM Dark Aspic wasn't long enough to comfortably take out a VT Werebat. One fight, my EM pet uncharmed on me just after the battle (I didn't Leave the pet before finishing the fight) while I was trying to cast Sneak. I managed to recharm, and then release the pet, so I was ok that time. However, during another fight later on, my EM pet uncharmed on me before the VT bat was dead. I wasn't able to recharm my pet before I got beat to death.

At 53, I suggest only using EM pets against T prey, and not against VT ones. This may not be an issue once you reach 54, as EM pets at that level might help finish off VT bats fast enough. Or you could simply down-convert them to DCs, which will result in lengthening your effective charm duration.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

it's possible to get 60 in this area, and i really did.
                  first i don't have the map... and didn't care much where i was as i was kinda lost inside >.>
                  anyways, there was a tunnel full of bats and 2 slimes which leads to a hound circuler room. i've charmed the Aspics(the slimes) and throw them at the hounds, was good EXP and got Chain4 in it only thing that could suck is the Axe's bonus DMG on hounds, you may steal hate a few times more than ever.
                  and when the room is empty i took another tunnel (Similer to the first one) to another small room full of hounds only (the first room had a ghost mob ).
                  hounds were Tough mostly and a few were Even match, EXP flow was cool 'till i hit 60 then i warped out.
                  after looking at the map i think i was at H-10/9/8 but i'm not sure yet u.u;

Dragoon
                  75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Comment

Originally posted by seq View Post
                    ii've charmed the Aspics(the slimes) and throw them at the hounds, was good EXP and got Chain4 in it only thing that could suck is the Axe's bonus DMG on hounds, you may steal hate a few times more than ever.
                    Damage bonus? I was under the impression that slashing weapons don't get any kind of damage bonus against mobs. Perhaps it's the fact that at 58 and 59, the level difference between you and the slime are getting high enough that you're naturally doing enough damage to pull hate. I did Aspics vs. Werebats in Bostaunieux all the way from 53 to 58. I never had a problem pulling hate at 53~54. But somewhere around level 56, I would pull hate from time to time against the bats, even with wearing a couple pieces of Crow gear.
                    Lyonheart
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

no, Slashing weapons have 12-25% DMG bonus on hound type mobs.

Dragoon

Comment

Originally posted by seq View Post
                        no, Slashing weapons have 12-25% DMG bonus on hound type mobs.
                        Interesting. I guess that's a big part of why Boreal Hound is everyone's favorite target when it comes to setting personal WS damage records.
                        Lyonheart
                        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,

Comment

that mob simply have Almost no defense.... but i'm sure of the DMG bonus, Wiki says it's 12% Bonus, but hitting a T+ hound for 70+DMG at level59 could mean the bonus is over 12%.

Dragoon

Comment

Where exactly is the zone line for this area. I want to EXP here due to no PTs going there for EXP, but slimes are very risky since they're so resistant to charm.

EDIT: Trying this camp again later at 54/54, its absolute crap at 53. +22 CHR and Light staff and getting 4-5 consecutive resists on EM slimes. That's just bullshit.
                            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-18-2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

The zoneline to West Ronfaure is at E-10 or, to put it another way, instead of turning left to the slime camp, go straight ahead and follow the path round. Although the zoneline is partway up a hill, you can zone and head back into Bostauniex, as long as you don't drop down from the ledge.
                              I have heard that those who celebrate life
                              walk safely amongst the wild animals.
                              When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
                              the animals find no place to attack them
                              and weapons are unable to harm them.
                              Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

Working...
                              X