Garliage Citadel*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garliage Citadel*

Reserved for information on Garliage Citadel.

Re: Garliage Citadel*

Ok some info i gathered while doing my rdm coffer is that mayfly is used here.

All exp mobs here are vermin: bats and beetles

I suggest using plantoid mobs since that is their weakness, kazham has funguar for 560(my fame is about 2-3 windy) and i would say mandies as well but funguar is the better choice.

Bats do bloodraining moves and enfeebling so the spore attacks of funguar beat the vit down of the mandies imho.

Beetles are a bit of the same except they cant whore bloodrain of course spoil lowers str, mandie vit down(if it triggers) could help, but spore abilities are more likely to kick in since there are 3 of them

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

The lvl'ing is great here from about 55-58 in the basement starting using bats on bombs which also works great in a duo. At about 56 u start seeing some even beetles which are even better against the bombs. While ur waiting for the for the bombs to respawn you can attempt to solo the pots but u need to stand back because they use searing light a lot which can hurt. The xp here can be great, I often saw chain #1's for 300+ xp so have fun here.

Comment

I can't remember what level you could come to GC the first time so I'm just gonna write about 54-60.

Garlaige Basement:
        You can come here at 54. As you enter the Citadel, just run forward until you see holes in the floor and jump down. This area is very popular among exp parties so you might want to do a search for parties (/sea garlaige 45-52, should do it). The lower level parties are aiming for the bats and as they get higher they will start taking the beetles. Bats aggro sound and beetles sight. There are Magic Pots in the corners that also aggro magic and some undead wandering in the western part of the basement so be careful around them.

What you're aiming for is use the bats against beetles or bombs. At lvl54 you can find some bats as EM and I think the safest way is to use them against beetles. At 54 you might need 2 pets per one beetles 'cause the level still varies quite a lot.

If you feel like gambling you can take on bombs, the Hellmines. There's a room full of undead where four Hellmines spawn, one in each corner. All the undead aggro low HP and sound (naturally). Bombs will also aggro sight. Taking on bombs is a bit dangerous at 54 because the only pets you can use are the bats and bombs tear them up quite fast. I didn't do this myself but I've heard success stories about it.

When you reach level 56, it is starting to be quite safe to use beetles as pets. You can find EMs but most still spawn T. Now leveling off bombs is starting to be easier because beetles last a lot longer than the bats against Hellmines. You can also fight the tougher beetles between the bombs spawns.

Behind Banishing Gate #2 (Heaven!):
        This was the best exp camp for me this far. I came here at level 56 and stayed till 60 because it was simply the mos comfortable place to level for me. The camp is behind Banishing Gate #2 and you need 4 people to open the gates to get there. If you have a nice Linkshell, try to get somebody to open the gates for you because it absolutely sucks to wait for high level parties to run about. Like one of my LS mates said: "It's worse than looking for a party because it requires people to be nice."

So, when you're behind Gate #2 head left from the gate and keep invisible on. There's a lot of Beetles here to use pets, when you continue a bit further you'll find a room with 3 Hellmines and a couple of weapons. Beetles are the same level as in Basement, so you'll be using T pets for sometime. But it doesn't matter that much because the bombs Self-Destruct quite often. Chaining all the bombs and fighting a couple of T beetles or the skeletons on the other side of the room will give you very nice, yet relatively safe exp.

Keep Stoneskin and Blink up with the bombs, remember to recast them for each bomb. If the bomb doesn't suicide, finish it off yourself, Stoneskin+Blink will keep you alive, just make sure to leave your pet only when the bomb is VERY low. Usually Bombs required one pet swap and probably one uncharm is expected from the first pet (if it's T) when the bombs didn't blow up.

At 58 exp starts to go down a bit but I found the camp behind Gate #2 to be good til level 60. Snolls in Ulguerand Range (doable from 58) are another alternative and next camp I'm heading is The Boyahda Tree (as lvl 60).

Note: Keep Reraise on at ALL possible times! There's nothing worse than having run all the way back to Garlaige and waiting high level parties to open the gate for you.

Note II: There are a few coffers behind Gate #2 and Hellmines and Skeletons drop Coffer keys. I got my AF Head while leveling here. Just watch out for Tainted Flesh, I never figured out what it aggros to but it attacked me shortly after I had dropped invis and opened my coffer. You can kill it by beetle swap marathon, I know I did, but it's quite tough and he pretty much tears up the beetles. Keep Stoneskin and Blink on if possible (resting MP and casting one of those spells i pretty much all the time you have between beetles).
        Kitfox / BST69/THF47/WHM42/NIN32
        Server: Siren / Linkshell: Aequitas

Comment

Note III: Beware of whiny XP parties of 12 yr old school girls. I have learned that there really is no point to make a 'deal' with xp parties in what mobs you should or shouldnt kill. I've done this a few times in my stint down here (56-59) and every time I get shafted. They will pull the mobs they say they wont pull, they will pull your hellmines too. People will see you camping in the tunnel that leads to the 4 hellmines and just completely ignore you. Proceed to buff/eat food and PT right on top of you then have the nerve to tell you to gtfo. I refuse to be told I can't pull certain mobs anymore. If they can't handle me being there, they'll have to leave just as if there were too many parties there to begin with.
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Allak salvage (non basement/bombs)

40-43 bats on skeles

Comment

Hate this zone....hate it so much. You will experience the worst rudeness from players here. 1. it is almost impossible to find this place without parties or other beastmasters. 2. if you do then its only about 10 mins before a party or bst shows up to camp on you. 3. Puppetmasters, npc levelers, skillup parties, coffer parties, ???/bst, serket campers will kill your pets w/o regard to the fact that it was the last pet in the room and you are now going to die. 4. on the off chance that you /sea garlaige and find theres no party there and no beast you will go down buff up, eat food, etc only to see an /anon beastmaster run by you.

In conclusion... if you can go anywhere- absolutly anywhere else... even killing decent challenge/easy prey mobs you will gain faster xp then trying to get a camp in garlaige. It will also save you a lot of frustration.

by the way.... if your a high level beastmaster(i.e to high to xp efficently in garlaige) please don't go down there to the basement to skillup or whatever your doing. I beg you to not do this. There are many other places you can skillup. Remember the frustration you had while trying to camp here? Now why would you want to add to the frustration of a fellow bst trying to xp? If there are no other parties around then its ok but why keep it up if you see a bst trying to xp and having to stand around waiting for pets to repop.... Its just sad that there is no respect in this game.

edited to add: This camp seems to be able to support 2 parties- a bat parties and a beetle party, or a party and a bst, or a coffer party and bst, or even 2 bst but not 2 parties and a bst, or any party + 2 bst, someone will end up standing around twiddling thumbs or dying if you try to cram.

Comment

Alla Says:
                Level 50, Camp behind Banishing Gate #1, and camp in stairs near tunnels with bombs. Use Citadel Bats vs. Explosures. Bombs lose agro if you move upstairs. Use sneak.

Can anyone give any more info on where exactly this is? How well it works? Even just a <pos>?

Comment

Go behind the first gate. the following room is like a large square shape. Take any route, left or right, and goes to the back of the square. There is a path that leads down into a cave area.

You'll pass by funnel bats and beetles. Head to the left when you get to the tunnel and youll come to 2 conjoined circular rooms. each have 3 explosures iirc. Take beetles and bats and just toss them at the explosures. They dont link, however, they do aggro to sight AND magic. so when casting spells be a little bit away from them.

Also, be careful of the bats and beetles you just passed. Those aggro too. You might want to clear out some bats/beetles first then, once their are gone, start on the bombs. You can use new mobs that respawn as pets. This will keep the way you came in free of mobs while your fight the bombs.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I know exactly the room you're talking about, but I'm not sure that's where Alla is pointing me. I'm pretty sure all those bats are funnels, which are all T to me. Next level with apollo's I'll be fine with Ts, but for level 50 I'm thinking citadel bats are more in my range.

Am I wrong? Are there ciitadel bats over there? Can I grab them at lvl 50?

Comment

Citadel bats infest the whole square room after passing through gate 1 up until the staircase that leads down. That's where you start seeing funnel bats. They probably mean to charm one from the top, drag it down and send it to fight an explosure.

Comment

Yes, using Citadel bats vs Explosures requires that you charm a Citadel bet at the top of the stairs, cast sneak, run to the Explosure room, send the bat against an Explosure, drag it back up the stairs and then pet swap as necessary using the Citadel bats at the top of the stairs. It's a semi-long pull, and is plenty dangerous, but I've read that it can work really well.
                        75BST 75BLU 40BLM 40DRK 38WHM 37RDM 37NIN 37THF 20WAR
                        99.1 Cooking / 20 Alchemy / 15 Woodworking
                        Asura Hume LS=Illuminaire
                        FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Page
                        FFXI Wiki - Beastmaster Cooking Guide

Comment

Level: 52
                          Camp: First off, you need to get behind Banishing Gate #1. Once behind Gate #1, head to the tunnel in H-7 (on the second map) and camp at the mouth of that tunnel (on the edge of the explosure room).
                          Exp: 2k-3k/hr (depends upon frequency of Self-Destruct)

First thing, if you sub WHM, don’t camp to close to the room as Explosures [52-53] and Droma [52-54] both aggro magic (Explosures aggro sight also). Two sets of Funnel Bats [51-54] spawn inside this tunnel, and pretty much hang back inside the tunnel; there is another set of Funnel Bats on the stairs before Gate #3 in H-6. Furthermore, there are two Acid Greases [52-54] that roam the room in front of the gate.

Basically, use the two bats in your tunnel against the Explosures in the room (if you’re sub WHM, keep Barfira up to reduce damage from an ill-placed Self-Destruct). There are four Explosures in the room directly connected to you tunnel. When these are dead, you can pull from the three Explosures in the room beyond. Should you lose your two sets of bats in the tunnel, you can head back and grab the extra set on the stairs.

If you do this, be careful of your health. There is a Fetid Flesh [54-56] that sits in the little room connected to your tunnel, and they aggro low health (and sound, but that shouldn’t be an issue unless you go into the room).

You should be able to fight pots in the room, but I never found any need to, having seven Explosures close by.

If you really want some fun, you can also charm the Acid Greases and use them against the Explosures. The nice thing about slime/jelly mobs is they can tank exceptionally well as they suffer little physical damage; however, as Self-Destruct is a magic based attack, it does a lot of damage to jellies (think I saw one of my jellies take 2000+ damage once ;; ). That being said, should the Explosures not Self-Destruct, you can easily take out 3-4 bombs with one jelly.

Now, the downside to jellies is they are difficult to charm. Personally, I have an Apollo’s Staff and +23 CHR on my charm gear and had few problems charming the jellies.

Moved to Quicksand Caves after leveling to 53.
                          Last edited by Jugil; 10-02-2006, 05:29 AM.
                          BST66

Have you hugged your Taru today =)

Comment

Working...
                          X