/rdm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /rdm?

Ive decide to put my rdm to rest and level bst. I want to know what the pros and cons are of /rdm. Also is it worth it or am i better of leveling whm and then subing is with bst.

Re: /rdm?

Personally Id say /whm is probably better as the -na spells reraise and erase will come in more handy then anything rdm alone offers. Ive also heard good things about BLU but never looked into it myself.

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

/BLU is decent from 1-20, after that, it's utility wanes because the best cures won't come til 60+ under sub. Auto Regen and +CHR and be set by spells, but its a short-term subjob.

/RDM offers some passable survivability, but you get access to Blink and Stoneskin much later than /WHM and absolutely no status cures. Dispel at really high level is nice, but doesn't do much for BST.

/WHM gets you access to all the curing and status cures you will need. Raraise at 66+, Blink and Stoneskin within the 50s. High survivability and Auto Regen is a bonus. Best total-package solo subjob. /WHM gets everything it needs earlier than other subjobs.

/SCH - Gains access to -na spells at +20 with Light Arts + Addendum:White. Much like /BLU, however, the way cures are distributed make things rough. Access to cure II at 30 under sub and access to Cure III at 60. Lack of Reraise under sub hurts it a little, but access to an effective Aspir, Drain and Regen II down the road is a major plus

/DNC - like SCH and BLU, the cure curve here is slow, but when you get Snarl, its not a totally unreasonable subjob, its just that you want to funnel most of that TP into Rampage when you get it in the late 50s. Major con is a lack of status cures until 70+, but a positive is that it works great for zones loaded with magic aggro as DNC's cures are job abilities.

/NIN - lacks status cures, but can absorb single-target magic and physical hits. Also a good choice for places where you want to protect yourself from possible magic aggro. Additional boost to stats from Dual Wielding stat bonus axes is also nice. Tonko and Monomi spells offer superior duration to /WHM, /RDM and /SCH's Sneak and Invisible.
      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I did /RDM all the way (mixed in with NIN). If you're REALLY concerned, carry medicines. And a warp scroll. None of it hindered my ability to level much.

/WHM on paper sounds nice, mixed in with Auto-Regen. For some reason I see that (regen) as quite highly.
        [LadyKiKi]
        Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
        .:|The Prototype BST|:.
        Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I prefer /WHM because its inventory minus all those meds, leaving you only with echo drops as the only medications you may need. Access to Regen, Blink, Stoneskin and Cures sooner give it the final edge over most subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            /BLU is decent from 1-20, after that, it's utility wanes because the best cures won't come til 60+ under sub. Auto Regen and +CHR and be set by spells, but its a short-term subjob.

/RDM offers some passable survivability, but you get access to Blink and Stoneskin much later than /WHM and absolutely no status cures. Dispel at really high level is nice, but doesn't do much for BST.

/WHM gets you access to all the curing and status cures you will need. Raraise at 66+, Blink and Stoneskin within the 50s. High survivability and Auto Regen is a bonus. Best total-package solo subjob. /WHM gets everything it needs earlier than other subjobs.

/SCH - Gains access to -na spells at +20 with Light Arts + Addendum:White. Much like /BLU, however, the way cures are distributed make things rough. Access to cure II at 30 under sub and access to Cure III at 60. Lack of Reraise under sub hurts it a little, but access to an effective Aspir, Drain and Regen II down the road is a major plus

/DNC - like SCH and BLU, the cure curve here is slow, but when you get Snarl, its not a totally unreasonable subjob, its just that you want to funnel most of that TP into Rampage when you get it in the late 50s. Major con is a lack of status cures until 70+, but a positive is that it works great for zones loaded with magic aggro as DNC's cures are job abilities.

/NIN - lacks status cures, but can absorb single-target magic and physical hits. Also a good choice for places where you want to protect yourself from possible magic aggro. Additional boost to stats from Dual Wielding stat bonus axes is also nice. Tonko and Monomi spells offer superior duration to /WHM, /RDM and /SCH's Sneak and Invisible.
            This is pretty much the list to go by. Though I would like to add that most of the time other subjobs, or subjobs on this list all have their place. The time to use most of them always seems situational. I have used /sam (tp spam), /brd (Accident that worked effective), /war (provoke to snarl), thf (item hunts, coffers ect) as well as those listed above. So most times you base your sub on what your doing, and where your going.

As for RDM I know a few who lvled Bst pretty high with it but eventually caved in and lvled Whm just for the teles mainly. Then again the same can be said for the nin subjob as well. An to this day I know a few 75 Bst with nin subs at lvl 20. As for the job itself I cant speak of how it faired from the 1-75 range since I used Whm or Nin. But I find it very useful at 75 when I am targeting certain mobs.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

The only thing I'll add to the list is that at 64+, /SCH gives you access to a VERY effective Dispel via Addendum: Black, as well as a reliable Sleep option, which can be very useful if you're solo.

Icemage

Comment

Every time I go /WHM into a level capped zone, I realize how much I miss Erase. Paralyna (you don't want to risk a pet swap when you're paralyzed) and Erase are huge from /WHM.
                Lyonheart
                lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I sub Blue when solo 67 beast, regen and +8 chr from spells,
                  cocoon def and headbutt/bludgeon combo for the power for
                  last kill if pet dies.
                  I sub Red when out with NPC for cures/shell/protect, dispel and silence
                  are really helpful, regen and blink are useful. As red, I can cast invis/silence,
                  wander thru mobs ( anticans for example) and still use fight command
                  on pet without dropping invis/silence, run to safe area, call pet and
                  reattack in a safe area.
                  I admitt, I haven't subbed white so I can't compare either sub to that,
                  but red and blue suit me just fine, Beast is flexible enough to use options.
                  Problem without white, people keep asking me for a raise because they assume
                  beast subs white. I feel bad when I let them down !
                  Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
                  Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
                  Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

Working...
                  X