75 cap jug question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 cap jug question

Alright, it's getting to be that time when I have to switch to the 75cap jugs. CC is the most popular and that mainly has been due to price. I was looking at a bunch of the jugs and noticed a few that I can get my hands on that are somewhat similar in price...provided I ask a little help from my friends.
    I have a friend willing to make me Clear Blood Broth (Lifedrinker Lars) provided I gather the materials. Another is willing to craft Scarlet Sap (Panzer Galahad). I can also have Alchemist Water (Homunculus) crafted for me. I will also have access to Sun Water (Amigo Sabotender) at cost later on.

How do these pets perform? Is it worth it to spend the gil on these rather then CC? What are the differences between the jug pets? I know everyone praises CC for the tanking abilities but what about the lesser known 75 jugs. I'm very interested in the Alchemist Water personally.

I am a lvl 66 BST and I am about to go after Maat. I would like to know what everyone thinks about which jugs best fill which roll at the moment for me. I am also very interested in Sun Water. Is it worth it to spend the gil on the jug at 75? Does it surpass every other option by enough?

Re: 75 cap jug question

the uncapped jugs also have the time factor to consider, cc only has a 30 min limit and amigo sabotender i think only has 20 min. Lars and panzer has 60 min i think. for info on wiki( i can't link it due to forum rules). http ://wiki. ffxiclopedia. org/wiki/ Beastmaster_Jugs

I used ldl on maat at 69. he only lasted half of the fight for me. But other says maat is an afk fight with maat. i sugest you search youtube for videos, their are plenty of bst vs maat videos.

Comment

Time wise, Homunculus, Lars and Panzer are all 60min, CC is 30 and Amigo is 20.
      As for cost, I'm pretty sure I can get the Alchemist Water as the lowest cost of the jugs.
      I'm pretty sure just about any of the 75 capped jugs would work for Maat provided I am prepared enough.
      If anyone has some info on which jugs are more suited for dd I would be interested. Can someone who has used Alchemist Water tell me what that jug was like in their eyes? I am leaning towards it but would rather not use something that sucks, lol. There was a thread I saw once where someone was testing the jugs...a link or a point in the right direction to that thread would be very helpful.
      Anyways, I guess it's off to look for BST vids and maybe some farming, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dumo View Post
        As for cost, I'm pretty sure I can get the Alchemist Water as the lowest cost of the jugs.
        I'm pretty sure just about any of the 75 capped jugs would work for Maat provided I am prepared enough.
        If anyone has some info on which jugs are more suited for dd I would be interested. Can someone who has used Alchemist Water tell me what that jug was like in their eyes? I am leaning towards it but would rather not use something that sucks, lol. There was a thread I saw once where someone was testing the jugs...a link or a point in the right direction to that thread would be very helpful.
        at 66 you should be able to farm the indredients for lars, that would bring down gil costs.

Comment

The only thing worth farming for Lars is the Leech Saliva and that's because it's so rare to find on the AH. Other then that I can farm other things, buy the ingredients and come out with more gil for my time. At this point cost isn't the thing I am most concerned about. I wanted to find info about jug performance and in the last few days all I have been able to find is ppl saying chucky is better then lars or lars is better then chucky with no real information attached. I wasn't able to find out anything on Homunculus. Panzer is better DD then CC. In fact just about the only infor I could find is that CC isnt a very good jug at all. It takes about the same amount of dmg as a regular crab familiar and has slightly more HP. They hit just about as hard. The only real difference is that CC doesn't cap. Panzer who I have been told is more of a tank mob like CC does hit harder but I don't know how it takes dmg. It does however seem to have more HP then CC.
          All of the information on these jugs was done before Lars and Chucky. In fact all of this information was collected while trying to figure out the caps of the jug pets.
          After I am done with Maat. I will be trying to use all of the uncapped jugs as much as I can and I will be watching for numbers to try and collect the info I am looking for now. That is, unless someone can send me in the right direction which would save me a lot of time and gil.

Comment

I don't believe the info you are looking for exists.

Comment

Not a BST but I have a lot of friends who play BST and I do events/missions with them in a variety of situations from time to time.

Homunculous is probably the weakest of the 75 jug pets. He's weak to piercing damage and has a slew of elemental weaknesses as well. I've only seen it used a few times, and it didn't impress at all, especially since most of his special attacks are very weak.

Panzer is relatively hard to acquire unless you know a very high level woodworker, and is relatively expensive to make since the base ingredient is an Elm Log. Of the jugs listed, he hits second hardest behind Amigo Sabotender. His Power Attack special can do pretty monstrous damage sometimes.

Courier Carrie you already know about. Solid defense, OK offense.

Amigo Sabotender is by far the strongest of the jug pets, but Sun Water is rather hard to come by. His 1000 Needles attack is simply awesome - and his Needle Shot isn't bad either.

For general use, most of the people I know use Courier Carrie or Funguar Familiar.

I haven't seen anyone use Lifedrinker Lars - the materials are time consuming to acquire, and the synthesis is only moderately easy to HQ for a high level cook. I've seen regular Diremites being used, though, and they seem pretty strong. Assuming you can get a steady supply, this is probably not a bad choice, since all of his special attacks are really amazing (particularly Filamented Hold).

I've never seen anyone use Chopsuey Chucky either - his synth is even more expensive, convoluted, and difficult to HQ.

I've seen Ambusher Allie used a few times, and it seemed OK as long as you're in a situation where AoE's aren't a problem. Her Geist Wall dispel attack is sometimes useful, and both Nimble Snap and Cyclotail seem to do good damage.

Icemage

Comment

Thank you Icemage.
                Being a lv 12 synth, a would expect a lv 60 ww to be able to HQ it relativly easily. I will be taking wood as far as 60 in the near future but in the meantime I have a friend that is 60+ and willing to make the jug for me.
                As far as the rest, I guess I can check the dmg outputs of Lars, Chucky and Panzer. Once I have my gear together and 70 cap done, I will be getting all 3 jugs and making a pt. I will post how the 3 jugs compare so we will have the info on all of the jugs here.
                Thanks again, you saved me quite a bit of time and gil on the other jugs.

Edit: It's actually Lightning Crystal + Maple Sugar + Chestnut Log.
                The sugar can be picked up by NPC for I think it was just under 50gil each and the log is a little over 3k max price. On Asura atm, the log is usually 1.9k-2k and goes as high as 3k.
                Last edited by dumo; 12-27-2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you Icemage.
                  Being a lv 12 synth, a would expect a lv 60 ww to be able to HQ it relativly easily. I will be taking wood as far as 60 in the near future but in the meantime I have a friend that is 60+ and willing to make the jug for me.
                  Someone who has WW "capped" at 60 for support craft purposes can break the 50% HQ rate tier by getting advanced image support. So a recipe cap of 12 is kinda nice in that respect.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I have heard some great things about the LARS JUG. Though it is an expensive jug with little sale life on my server at least. I think 1 goes for something like 10k on my server. As for the jug itself. I believe the guy said it was putting out a high lvl of damage in a merit party he was in. But really it seems like everyone uses C.C. Because it is cheap for a strong pet and it is always up for sale compared to other pets.

As for Matt I used Panzer and C.C to beat Matt with little trouble.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                    X