This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BST Bible Plagerism on allak!

So yeah, they are copy/pasting my guide verbatum cause I deleted it. I ask people to head back and demand they delete it.

The official complaint in the Tech Support forums is here.

Re: BST Bible Plagerism on allak!

Does that mean if you have it bookmarked (which i do) then it will show up as a broken link?

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

No, the old Bible is just plain deleted, I removed all the text. The new one on this site is linked in my sig, so update bookmarks.

Comment

For what it's worth, this is what caused me to finally make up my mind about leaving alla. I've logged out (and have no idea what my password is) and deleted every alla link from my computer.

The way you've been treated is despicable, and it's not only you it's been happening to. There have been some snide comments at people just for saying how they feel, and an awful lot of rate-downs flying around.

Anyway, enough's enough, and I'm off to bed.
        I have heard that those who celebrate life
        walk safely amongst the wild animals.
        When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
        the animals find no place to attack them
        and weapons are unable to harm them.
        Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

I agree with you RunningDemon, you took your time to write that guide, you decided that you no longer wanted to have it posted on Alla, and now there are other posters on Alla stealing your hard work. Hope the mods there understand where you're coming from, and modify any copy/pasting from their threads.

Good luck.

Comment

I really doubt you copy righted it in which case it isn't plagiarism, but regardless it is low to steal your guide.

Comment

In the United States, copyright is automatic then is no opting in about it.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyrig...yright_notices
              First Paragraph.

Copyright in America needs to have the nurf bat swung at it a few times. Mostly how long something is copyrighted before it falls into the public domain(90+ years) and the destruction of fair-use.

Ever generation stands on the sholders of the people that came before them, but it's becoming more about the have and have nots. If something is copyrighted today it will not fall into the public domain for around 4 generations.

5 years with up to 4 renewals for a $1 for 5 extra years apiece should be enough for everybody. A huge majority of copyrighted marterial would not be renewed after even 5 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_commons

This is the one I generaly use.

Last edited by Freyr; 05-06-2006, 12:14 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors
              Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
              sigpic

Comment

Migrating with the fellow BSTs, I knew keeping this account alive would pay out eventually ^^
                If you like oxymorons, here's one for you: Fundamentalist Thought.

Comment

Allakhazam likes your money more than Mr.Potatomoto

Comment

The BST community on allakhazam is officially dead. It's spiraled down into nothing more than an offshoot of the main forums now.

There are.....I think 5 copy/pasted versions of my guide there now, and at least 1 sock created just to repost it. Nice how all the levelheaded BSTs came here, and all the morons who want you to do everything for them are left on allakhazam.

I am really hoping the moron admins over there actually do something about it, otherwise I will have to keep going back to the forum there to defend my information and voice my hatred at IGE.

Comment

Just migrated to these forums from Alla. I refuse to support IGE in any way shape or form.

But anyway, thats very low of them to copy and paste your post. >_< You made it clear that you didn't want it on alla, and they should respect you for that. But yeah. *sigh* Now to explore these forums, looks like its gunna be the new BST home.

Comment

That is good since this bst forum was sorta off and on with posts, if you can answer the thread about the bst pet food after update i appreciate it, all i know is that they recover 1 hp per sec or 3 secs, memory is fuzzy from not playing.

Comment

Khidir sorry I never answered your question about the petfood but I was never quite clear what your question was. From the tests I did I believe the pet food regens 1% of the pets health and not 1 hp. There is a big difference. I stopped doing tests shortly afterwards because my ps2 was stolen and I was forced to stop playing for two months. Now that you reminded me I'm going to go back and retest the petfood at lvl 60

36 War/15 Mnk/22 Thf/62 Pld/Bst 75/Nin 33/Whm 36/Blm 19/Cor 7
                          Full Af X2 • Rank 8 • Alchemy 65

Comment

Thanks for all who went and yelled at allakhazam, no need to do it anymore pretty much all the copies of my guide are gone. And once I complete the salvaging of all BST info I was a part of, I will be deleting bookmarks for good.

So, less typing to you, more data salvaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoronas
                              Khidir sorry I never answered your question about the petfood but I was never quite clear what your question was. From the tests I did I believe the pet food regens 1% of the pets health and not 1 hp. There is a big difference. I stopped doing tests shortly afterwards because my ps2 was stolen and I was forced to stop playing for two months. Now that you reminded me I'm going to go back and retest the petfood at lvl 60
                              thx

Comment

Working...
                              X