BRD rotation on DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRD rotation on DL

This was awe inspiring and I just thought I would share it.

We fought Dynamis Lord last night and we had a 3 BRD rotation that worked really well. We set up 3 parties of 5 DD each and we had 3 BRD's with their flag up. about 15 seconds before we pulled DL each of the BRD's hit Soul Voice and were invited to one of the 3 PT's at which time they sang +att songs x2, they then rotated parties and each sang +haste x2, they then rotated one more time and sang +acc x2. All this in a very short time we had an almost full alliance of dd with 6 soul voiced songs. DL went down in about 30 seconds. Some of the more veteran players here may have seen this done already but it was so cool I just wanted to share it.
    sigpic

Re: BRD rotation on DL

How many people did you have for DL?

Comment

This is a really interesting method.. If my Dynamis group ever gets its legs back under it and goes for a DL rematch I'll give it a try!
      Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
      Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
      Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Originally posted by Dibb View Post
        How many people did you have for DL?
        40-50

http://www.flipside-ls.com/Terria/DynamisLord.wmv

Here is the video. You can see me running up at the very end to get the ???.
        Last edited by Cotners; 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

How were the DDs in those 3 PTies equipped? Did they have super-uber gear, or just average uber gear? I like the sound of this method and would like to suggest it to my LS, I just hope it doesn't rely upon the DDs having the absolute best of the best gear to accomplish.
          sigpic

Comment

We dont consider ourselves super-uber or anything like that but we do have some really good DD's.... We have 4 kraken DRKs and 3 black belt MNKs... no relic weapons yet and no adaberk/ridell WARs

Edit: btw FatC I love your avatar!
            sigpic

Comment

LOL, thanks Cotners. Do you think it could be done without the Kraken clubs and Black belts? My LS another LS join forces to do Xarcabard, and I know only one person has a Kraken club, and she's 75BRD/75WHM, probably not very useful in this fight.

edit: Also, I was under the impression you can only have 4 songs on you at one time. Is this not true? /em hides from all the n00b shouts and accusations.
              Last edited by FatCharlie; 05-17-2007, 10:07 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Now that is how you Kill DL wow nice video. Hahaha... And to one of the good old The Prodigy song from the past. Hahahah... Too bad they split up but, the last album was fun love bumping it. haha...
                "It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice"
                MC Scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by FatCharlie View Post
                  LOL, thanks Cotners. Do you think it could be done without the Kraken clubs and Black belts? My LS another LS join forces to do Xarcabard, and I know only one person has a Kraken club, and she's 75BRD/75WHM, probably not very useful in this fight.

edit: Also, I was under the impression you can only have 4 songs on you at one time. Is this not true? /em hides from all the n00b shouts and accusations.
                  Yes, it can be done just not quite as fast... I know this sounds cheap but go heavy on the BLM's if you are slighty undermanned DD wise. About the number of songs... I don't think there is a limit, you can only get 2 from any 1 BRD. I have seen 8 on someone before.

Edit: An alternative to kraken DRK's is MNK/DRK... Hundred Fists + Soul Eater kills things quickly... downside to this combo is they require ALOT of healing.
                  Last edited by Cotners; 05-21-2007, 01:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot Cotners. Hopefully now I can convince the leaders of the LS we team up with to do Xarcabard that we should start trying to beat DL (currently 0/1). All we ever do in Xarcabard is farming runs, which is kind of a joke really.
                    sigpic

Comment

Heh heh heh. You can zerg just about anything nowadays. I zerging as a MNK...though most of the time, I'm wanted as a Chainspell stunner. (Which can be fun, too...Bahamut v.2 and the DL are this Galka's biahtches)

Edit: An alternative to kraken DRK's is MNK/DRK... Hundred Fists + Soul Eater kills things quickly... downside to this combo is they require ALOT of healing.
                      LOL, it's funny that you mention this, because I tried this combo not too long ago on Kirin. Never again (at least, not on him). I garnered his ire immediately and he tore me a new one long before my HF even ended...even through a Benediction and about 4 people Cure bombing me.

(_ _);
                      All Nations: Rank 10
                      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                      Chains of Promathia: Complete
                      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka View Post
                        LOL, it's funny that you mention this, because I tried this combo not too long ago on Kirin. Never again (at least, not on him). I garnered his ire immediately and he tore me a new one long before my HF even ended...even through a Benediction and about 4 people Cure bombing me.

(_ _);
                        Yeah this combo is not optimal, just brought it up as an alternative. Soul Eater w/o Blood weapon to off-set it is just an mp sink.

Btw, how much dmg did you do per swing and how much total did you do before being kirin raped?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka View Post
                          (_ _);
                          The secret to using Hundred Fists + Souleater and surviving is to have a Paladin Cover you.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                            Yeah this combo is not optimal, just brought it up as an alternative. Soul Eater w/o Blood weapon to off-set it is just an mp sink.
                            Btw, how much dmg did you do per swing and how much total did you do before being kirin raped?
                            Unfortunately, my LS is very strict when it comes to keeping important messages from being flooded out of your chat window. I am required to filter all "non-essential text" - and damage caused by me falls into that category. I also don't parse or use any other kind of third-party software, since I'm terribly paranoid of keyloggers.

If I had to make a guess, being generous to myself, I'd say I was averaging about 100 per hit, with ~200 on criticals. My initial Chi Blast should've landed around 400-500 damage, and Asuran Fists was probably a bit higher than that. So all in all, I did ~4K damage to Kirin before he pulled me over his knee and put some color into my pale Galka posterior.

Originally posted by Icemage
                            The secret to using Hundred Fists + Souleater and surviving is to have a Paladin Cover you.

Icemage
                            Heh heh, oh, I know. But me going as a guinea pig MNK/DRK was a last minute decision, and logistically I couldn't have a pet PLD that night. If I go as MNK/DRK again, I probably won't be a priority for Cover anyway, because if we do have a PLD in the main alliance on a Zerg night, he'll most likely be the pet of a Kraken DRK.
                            All Nations: Rank 10
                            Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                            Chains of Promathia: Complete
                            75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Working...
                            X