BRD pulling lvl 25+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BRD pulling lvl 25+

I pull quite often on my BRD/WHM (now 34) and haven't really noticed this 'bind' effect, or had many problems with deaths. I died yesterday, but only because it was Garliage Citadel pulling bats (need I say any more?) and the Red Mage decided it would be fun NOT to cure me as the whole party (including himself) was zoning. I mean, I know that if you cure someone zoning the mob, it usually turns on you, but c'mon, I had 20HP and he had full HP... He wouldn't have died before he hit the zone line... But I did. But that was totally my fault >.>

Anyway, the point is generally I dont have a problem, but I think it depends on the mobs and how hard they hit you. I heard a good idea (which I tried a few times with success) is to eat defence food while pulling. Like Boiled Crab, for example. I don't really eat much other food as a bard (I have all the CHR gear so don't really need any more, It doesnt really do much more good in my opinion to eat Tuna Sushi or Flint Caviar) so I tried it a few times and it worked really well.

Thats my two cents

Oh, and I always pull with Threnody and that seems to work, has done since Lv 12 pulling in the Dunes right up until now in Garliage Citadel. (other than those bats yesterday...)

http:// cerberusatemycookies.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: BRD pulling lvl 25+

The reason I don't use Dia is specifically because of the reason you stated, II, that I cannot use Lullaby on the mob. The impact of the extra mp is not particularly significant, but it does eat up a good number of Ballad ticks (since I've only got just the one now).

The Bind effect is evident on all pulling methods and it is the time you're frozen in place while the completion animation plays. The completion animation for a Bard song appears to be longer than the duration for other abilities--it is definitely enough of a difference to notice. I was recently pulling as BRD/WHM33-34 in Garlaige as well. Garlaige upper area is not "open" and sometimes, to pull a mob you have to go a bit shorter than you would otherwise like since you have to position yourself to see around a corner, but fortunately, the run is rather short and a hit doesn't do terribly much damage.

I think I'll try the "flash change" escape from the spell animation suggested above by swapping instruments after the song plays to see if that removes the Bind effect.

Comment

Working...
      X