Found a handy bug....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a handy bug....

I was in a 2-BRD party last night in Mount Zhayolm. The puller was singing double-March on the melee, while I was singing double-Minuet on them and double-Ballad on the RDM.

Now, here's where the fun began. I was doing heavy cures and at one point ran out of MP and started to /heal. The other BRD came over and sung double-Ballad on me. After I got a bit of MP, I got up, went and did double-Minuet on the melees. Currently on me: Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (4 songs). Next, I go back to my ballad routine. Currently on me: Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (4 songs; notice all four are songs I sang). When I go back to the melees for another round of Minuet, the other BRD sings her double-March. Currently on me: March, March, Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (6 songs; 4 from myself).

This leads me to some interesting ideas regarding dual-BRDs for tank PTs during events....

Re: Found a handy bug....

That's really... er... strange.. :O

So maybe the game remembers who sang the songs on you to start with, but recasting the songs on yourself makes it confused? That's really bizarre. Will have to test it myself... soon!

Icemage

Comment

Aug. 8, 2006 05:30 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XIFINAL FANTASY XI Update (Aug. 8)</B>
      At the following time we have performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

[Affected Period]
      Aug 8, 2006 4:45 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
      FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]
      - An issue where Bard songs didn't work as intended under certain circunstances has been adressed.

- Several other issues have been resolved.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.
      Last edited by Raydeus; 08-08-2006, 09:13 AM.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

ehh -.o now i gotta go update it later, lol i was looking foward to messing w/ it
        WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

lol, RNGs had a bug for a while they fixed it on Aug. 1st though. Basically the bug was that RNGs could use Barrage and draw 0 hate. I was using it for a while pretty nice pumping out 995 damage before the tank ever even provoked and not end up as a tank for doing it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

It was a joke though, if you check the POL site you wont see this update (because it never happened).

I was looking at those Haruhi images and felt like using them.

sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Palom_FF
              I was in a 2-BRD party last night in Mount Zhayolm. The puller was singing double-March on the melee, while I was singing double-Minuet on them and double-Ballad on the RDM.

Now, here's where the fun began. I was doing heavy cures and at one point ran out of MP and started to /heal. The other BRD came over and sung double-Ballad on me. After I got a bit of MP, I got up, went and did double-Minuet on the melees. Currently on me: Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (4 songs). Next, I go back to my ballad routine. Currently on me: Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (4 songs; notice all four are songs I sang). When I go back to the melees for another round of Minuet, the other BRD sings her double-March. Currently on me: March, March, Ballad, Ballad, Minuet, Minuet (6 songs; 4 from myself).

This leads me to some interesting ideas regarding dual-BRDs for tank PTs during events....
              Hmmm. Here's my guess for what's happening...

I'll call you #1 and the other BRD #2.

You start out with Ballad I (#2), Ballad II (#2), Minuet I (#1), Minuet II (#1).

Then you sing Ballad I. Normally it should overwrite whichever Minuet has the shorter duration, but you can't have 2 Ballad I's so it overwrites #2's Ballad! Something similar happens with Ballad II.

Now you have Ballad I (#1), Ballad II (#1), Minuet I (#1), Minuet II (#1).

Now #2 sings two March's and you don't have any of his songs yet, so...

Now you have Ballad I (#1), Ballad II (#1), Minuet I (#1), Minuet II (#1), March I (#2), March II (#2).

Next theory...?
              They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So with 2 bards, you could get an infinite number of songs? #1 would just keep casting whatever #2 casted?
                4x minuet + 2x madrigal + 2x march, yes please... though in the sense of time it takes to set this up it's not that practical, but in the sense of making everyone's melee damage uber...

Comment

Originally posted by zagex
                  So with 2 bards, you could get an infinite number of songs? #1 would just keep casting whatever #2 casted?
                  4x minuet + 2x madrigal + 2x march, yes please... though in the sense of time it takes to set this up it's not that practical, but in the sense of making everyone's melee damage uber...
                  In a way almost makes it seem like a orcestrated effect. Basically though the two bards would be spending the entire time singing their songs over and over, if works that way then they could end up setting the whole party with:

4x minuet + 2x madrigal + 2x march + 2x ballad + 4x Paeon + 1x Archer's Prelude

That would cover just about everything any party setup would need.

Then if that works with 2 Bards then what of 3? Don't know but having 4x Paeon on you plus the 4x minuet sounds like a dangerous combo.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I doubt it would work. The way it seems to me is that only the BRDS for the extra songs, the melee kept the 2 songs/BRD rule because they couldn't sing songs themself.
                    Originally posted by Ellipses
                    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                    Originally posted by MCLV
                    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                    More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by zagex
                      Can't get infinite songs. Each BRD can do 2 songs, then you have to have the "overlap" songs. So 2 BRDs max is 6 songs. I think you could do 10 songs with 3 BRD, though I imagine it would be a nightmare to coordinate.

Comment

Working...
                      X