CHR cap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHR cap?

So, my BRD is now up to 50 (200exp until 51), and I've been noticing that, since maybe level 47 or so, taking on rumble crawlers in the nest, I've had resists on my debuffs - nothing major, but I never encountered any before. At the time, I was using +mp food and a hairpin, so I thought maybe I lacked CHR. However, after kiting myself out with monster signa (+8chr), bird whistle (+3), full mithra RSE (+3 chr total, 1 from body, 2 from feet), corsette+1 (+6), a pair of loyalty rings (+6 total), chaminomile tea (+3), and noble's ribbon (+3) for a total of +32 CHR - with +3 from San D'orian horn if no +song instrument is available -, I was still getting resists. My skills are capped (except string, which is maybe 20 off, but only used on therondies), and I can only improve my CHR further - as far as I can tell - by using HQ food.
    However, I read the problem may not be due to +Chr, because apparantly CHR has a cap for effectiviness when it comes to exp mobs - that I may be on CHR over-kill, and that I can afford to drop some of the +chr for different things, like more +mp gear. I've heard that using the elemental staffs will help cut down resist rates greatly, but I'm not quite high enough level for those yet, so I can't say. But I was wondering if anyone else has heard of an effective cap on CHR for reducing resists, and if they have any idea what sort of figure it is, so I can better work out what equipment I should use.

Re: CHR cap?

In 200 XP you can wield Elemental Staves, which should pretty much solve your resist problem. Light Staff is the most important, followed by Earth Staff. Otherwise, about +20 CHR is all you really ever need unless you're fighting things way out of your league (IT++)

Icemage

Comment

I know at a75 most of us have found that the CHR cap is around 100-110 total. So for me as a taru I only need +30 or +40 CHR. I try to put on every ounce of skill gear I can and still have around that much CHR. But there is really no need for a ton of it. If I can't land it with +35 CHR then I'm not gonna be able to land it any better with +135 (entirely possible) CHR.

At your level I'm not sure what the number is. Base CHR isn't the same for everyone but it seems to be about Base+(Base/2) is the optimal set up for CHR and everything above that is overkill.

Beyond that, adding skill gear will help you land your songs more reliably but I wouldn't go sending a ton of money on skill gear at that level (Singing/Wind Earring+Chanter's Staff). Ice mage is right that you will start doing much better once you get your elemental staves. I was a total CHR whore at those levels and had a hell of a time landing things consistently (mostly on Anticans).
      A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Thanks for the replies You've both given me pretty much the answers I was after - I like Yeargdribble's formula especially. I can't afford most of the +skill equipment, so knowing roughly what kind of +chr is optimal is awesome. Thanks ever-so much
        And yeah, Antica are evil. Resist... resist... resist...

Comment

If you still can't land songs, you might want to try the thren approach.

Threnody the mob for the element of the song you're casting, then slam it with the song.

Comment

Working...
          X