This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minuet data

I didn't see this info in the FAQ, and haven't seen it posted before. No one seems to know how much ATK Minuet III and IV actually give, so I decided some testing was in order.

LV75 BRD, 232 singing, 230 string, 225 wind, Minuet+2 horn:

Minuet IV- ATK+60
    Minuet III- ATK+53

LV75 BRD, 232 singing, 230 string, 225 wind, no horn:

Minuet IV- ATK+56
    Minuet III- ATK+48

LV75 BRD, 225 singing, 225 string, 225 wind, Minuet+2 horn:

Minuet IV- ATK+59
    Minuet III- ATK+53

LV75 BRD, 225 singing, 225 string, 225 wind, no horn:

Minuet IV- ATK+25 (???)
    Minuet III- ATK+48

(The ATK+25 on Minuet IV was tested and retested... I can't explain that. But I don't consider that very relevant, since no one will be playing Minuet without a horn anyway.)

Thanks to Tanzel and Firlian on Midgardsormr for help with this testing.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Re: Minuet data

The last Minuet IV stat looks like it was done without an instrument. Did you check to make sure an instrument of some sort was equipped? I've tested Minuet I-IV in the past for curiosity and never saw results like that,

Icemage

Comment

Yes, the test data was with and without horn, as stated:

Minuet IV- ATK+60
      Minuet III- ATK+53

LV75 BRD, 232 singing, 230 string, 225 wind, no horn:

Minuet IV- ATK+56
      Minuet III- ATK+48

Minuet IV- ATK+59
      Minuet III- ATK+53

Minuet IV- ATK+25 (???)
      Minuet III- ATK+48
      The weird part is that in the last test, Min3 with no horn was just fine, but Min4 was giving an absurdly low bonus for some reason. When the other BRD used Min4 with no horn, it was a more reasonable result.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Comment

Minuet IV- ATK+25 (???)
        Minuet III- ATK+48
        Minuet IV is +25 attack with no instrument equiped at all, just tested this. Same skill levels.
        Minuet III is +29 attack with no instrument equiped at all. The brd must have had some insturment equiped when he did this or didn't remember his base atk right.

Minuet IV- ATK+59
        Minuet III- ATK+53
        Minuet IV - ATK+59 same result with 225 skills and +2 horn.
        Minuet III - ATk+53 same result.

Minuet IV- ATK+60
        Minuet III- ATK+53
        Minuet IV - ATK+60 same result, used 230 singing, 225 string, 225 wind, +2 horn.
        Minuet III- ATK +53 same result.

Minuet IV - ATk+54 with non-minuet instrument and 225 skills.
        Minuet III - ATk+48 with non-minuet instrument and 225 skills.
        Last edited by Rones; 03-20-2006, 05:12 PM.
        Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

For comparison, my results from level 18:
          Minuet I, flute+2 (no Minuet bonus): +13 atk
          Minuet I, cornette+1 (Minuet+2): +18 atk

Minne I, flute+2 (no Minne bonus): +11 def
          Minne I, harp+1 (Minne+2): +17 def

Instrument effect is HUGE at low levels relative to the base size of the bonus, but doesn't seem to improve with level much if at all based on these results.

Too bad we can't directly measure Madrigal and Mambo this way. Ninjas that I have partied with say they see a noticeable effect from Mambo (as in, "that giant would have killed me for sure") but I'd really like to know how much the effect is, and the same for Madrigal.

I was a bit disappointed to get Enchanting Etude and find that with no relevant instrument, it adds only +3 CHR, but maybe it improves with level/skill? Is there a thread that collects the formulas/mechanics of each type of song?
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Minuet +2 instrument is always a +5 atk as we can see from the data. Actually you can measure madrigal's strength if you have some time on your hands. Just find a mob that cons high evasions with no accu gear on, cast madrigal and see if it changes con (eg: no evasion or low evasion con). Then see how much accu gear it takes to get that same effect after the song wears off. You can also try doing madrigal when it doesn't change the con, and then check how much accu gear it takes to find a cap (eg: 15 accu gear lowered the con, but madrigal didn't so your madrigal is less than 15+ accu). By doing this you can find your madrigal amount. It is easiet with a mid lvl melee helping who has lots of accu.

At lvl 75 sword madrigal is +15accu.
            At lvl 75 blade madrigal is +25accu.
            +2 instrument adds +4 accu to both.
            Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Madrigal's acc strength, I believe is +15 & +25.
              Not totally sure about that, though. I think I read it on one of applepie's posts.

Double Post Edited:
              Madrigal's acc strength, I believe is +15 & +25.
              Not totally sure about that, though. I think I read it on one of applepie's posts.
              Last edited by eriiko; 03-30-2006, 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I wonder if similar methods were used to figure out fenrir's buffs/debuffs. I'd imagine that'd be even more painful to figure out, since the amounts change based on moon phase. (Like on lunar cry, the evasion down gets stronger while the accuracy down gets weaker the closer it gets to new moon.)

Anyway, it's kind of good to know the accuracy/attack bonuses on the songs.
                Generic Info!

Comment

Working...
                X