This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a suggestion

This is just a suggestion, and I'm not trying to have a go and tell every bard what to do. But this just got to the point where it annoys the crap out of me.

As a tarutaru paladin I have around 470MP. That MP needs to be filled. I have only experienced a couple of bards that actually manage to keep ballad on me during fights. Most others give me ACC+ songs that I don't need and even when i tell them I don't need those.

So please, as a suggestion, please learn how to keep a paladin refreshed during battle. ^^ It will make partying and exp chaining so much easier this way. I've just had parties where we've had a bard as the main refresher and it didn't work out because all that happened was me ending up with 0MP after a few fights. But I had one where the bard managed to refresh me frequently, and we were doing 6,000exp an hour. =)

Take it as you will, I'm not trying to troll or anything, just a suggestion. Give me your thoughts. ^^

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Re: Just a suggestion

In order for the brd to efficiently keep the pld refreshed in a party, the pld has to work with the brd. Remember the pld is always fighting by the melees and often melees will fight in positions too close to the mages. So the mages will sometimes get melee songs and the melees will get mage songs if not positioned properly.

You should ask your brd to decide on the best configuration for the party to get the songs you need and listen to the brd when they tell you where to stand. Also you could make things easier on yourself by just going towards the mages after a fight when ballad is being reapplied. It's important to note that ballad is not a single target spell and it will be difficult for the brd to keep you and the mages refreshed if you don't cooperate with the brd in the first place.
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Thanks for the "suggestion" but most songs are AoE like ballad, if we're in a cramped space or mobs are behind us there's little that can be done (especially if the mob agro by sight) . If the PLD gets hit with melee songs simple thing that can be done is to is to go back and place the songs back on him or her.

A simple rule I made is if the PLD is already full of MP before the next fight, go and buff up the melees then run back and play ballads on the mages plus pld. If you're in a very tight confined place only thing that can be done is just play ballads thats what i have done.

Forgot to mention when you have a thf or anyone with /thf pulling i.e. dark knight or whatver likely you wont be getting ballads first because we need the Damage Dealers to start killing the mob for this 6k an hour exp.

If I came off rude I didn't mean to just telling you how I see it.
      Last edited by felpa_de_osa; 10-31-2005, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry I was cranky and tired when I posted last night.

Originally posted by nanatsu
        In order for the brd to efficiently keep the pld refreshed in a party, the pld has to work with the brd. Remember the pld is always fighting by the melees and often melees will fight in positions too close to the mages. So the mages will sometimes get melee songs and the melees will get mage songs if not positioned properly.

You should ask your brd to decide on the best configuration for the party to get the songs you need and listen to the brd when they tell you where to stand. Also you could make things easier on yourself by just going towards the mages after a fight when ballad is being reapplied. It's important to note that ballad is not a single target spell and it will be difficult for the brd to keep you and the mages refreshed if you don't cooperate with the brd in the first place.
        What makes you think I wasn't working with the Bard? I know how important it is, and I know how it works, that's why I do go through it with the Bard.

I do go to the mages after battle, but during battle it wears off pretty quickly, and I really need that refresh. And don't tell me it's not important for a tarutaru paladin to have refresh during a battle. It's very important. -_-;

It's happened a fair few times at this level, and I do try to tell the Bard how it might work out, but they never listen. Usualy you can just have me standing near the mages (if it's got a directional attack then just off to the side a bit), and the melees standing at the back. Just have to get the distance right for the songs and it works perfectly.

The point is, the good Bards that I have been with actually do understand and talk me through where to stand. But lately I've had bards that don't even bother explaining anything they are doing and just do the occasional ballad on mages, acc and attk on melee. No matter what.

Originally posted by felpa_de_osa
        Thanks for the "suggestion" but most songs are AoE like ballad, if we're in a cramped space or mobs are behind us there's little that can be done (especially if the mob agro by sight) . If the PLD gets hit with melee songs simple thing that can be done is to is to go back and place the songs back on him or her.
        It's not just a matter of the paladin being in the wrong place. It's actually very easy to caclulate where I should be standing for ballad. But the point was that he didn't even bother to get me ballad - he stood so far from the mages just so they could get it. And it keeps happening apart from the odd occasion that the bard is good.

A simple rule I made is if the PLD is already full of MP before the next fight, go and buff up the melees then run back and play ballads on the mages plus pld. If you're in a very tight confined place only thing that can be done is just play ballads thats what i have done.
        Yes, this is true, except there's one slight problem. Ballad doesn't last for a full battle, and Paladins (or at least tarutaru paladins) need to be kept refreshed to be able to keep up those chains.

Forgot to mention when you have a thf or anyone with /thf pulling i.e. dark knight or whatver likely you wont be getting ballads first because we need the Damage Dealers to start killing the mob for this 6k an hour exp.
        I hate having THF's in the party too.

If I came off rude I didn't mean to just telling you how I see it.
        Not at all. I don't mean to be rude either. I am generalising a lot here, and I know that there are bad and good players out there. It's just fustrating to see a decline in the goodness of bard and ranger lately.

Edit: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47365
        I didn't see this link before, but now that I have it explains very well what I'm trying to say. It's important to learn these positionings and work with the party. Not just have them do whatever and work inbetween them - thinking it'd work out.
        Last edited by Rostum; 10-31-2005, 02:00 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

I don't think bards are any worse now than they were before. Good players figure out how to give PLDs Ballads without sacrificing melee songs on DDs, and the sucky ones don't. Sometimes this isn't possible, if the party can't figure out where to stand (but that's the bard's job to make sure people learn where they need to be). But overall, it's usually not too much of a chore.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
          X