This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF Usefulness

Well my bard career has taken off i just dinged lvl 38 today and i quickly realized that i was only about 15 levels from doing my AF and i was just wondering how usefull this armor is and how long it will last me. P.S. i think it looks cool, especially the hat!

Re: AF Usefulness

Feet are ok only because there are not many good alternatives. Legs are quite good with +3 string skill and will last you a long time. Hands are real good with +singing skill and +chr bonus that can last you until end game. Head and body are pretty worthless, especially compared to the alternatives. Oppo crown at 65 or gold hairpin (until you get crown) are my preference (Trump crown if your server has it). Minstrial coat outperforms af and justacorps makes a decent, cheap alternative. The lvl 50 rare/ex harness with refresh and +chr you get from a CoP nm is also a good option or vermillion if you have the money.
    Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

The lv50 rare/ex harness, gaudy harness, is not from a CoP NM What you need to do is to get a rare/ex subligar from the bst (and probably bard) Formor in either Phomiuna Aqueducts or Sacrarium. Then you head to Bastok Market and finish a guest which the reward will be the harness. The drop rate seems to be pretty good (around 33-50%) in my run.

Last but not least, this gaudy harness is godly for bst and probably very good for brd too.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. All I could remember is the basic effects and you need to have completed promy holla, dem, and mea to access the critical parts of the quest (something I have yet to do).

Comment

Has any1 ever done the gaudy harness quest, is it worth doing and using instead of Af armor?

Comment

Originally posted by Churro
            Has any1 ever done the gaudy harness quest, is it worth doing and using instead of Af armor?
            Gaudy Harness is meh. It's cute for a few levels, but the latent effect only kicks in when your current MP is below 49, so much of the time it's just a CHR+3 armor.

All of the BRD AF armor ... well... sucks. There's a host of better items at every slot for bards, so you basically stop using the AF completely once you get access to them(Trump/Opo Opo Crown, Minstrel's/Vermillion Cloak, Rostrum Pumps, etc. etc. etc.). I don't know any good level 70+ bards who haven't stashed their AF into a key item, unless they like a specific piece for aesthetic reasons.

Icemage

Comment

Personally I like the look of the af. At least aquire the story peices, cause I thought the story for the brd af was kinda cool. But yeah stats wise it sucks. If I had money (or time for that matter LOL) I would have much better gear then the af, but then again thats just me
              Brd 61/Whm 40

Don't get hit by the dead rat!

Comment

Gaudy Harness is meh. It's cute for a few levels, but the latent effect only kicks in when your current MP is below 49, so much of the time it's just a CHR+3 armor.
                I was under the impression it worked off a percentage. Such as it refreshed while you had less than 25% mp. Reports from alla are pretty evenly split between it being a percentage and 49-50mp, so polling the audicience failed. So is that first hand information/experience?

Comment

I know a BST duo that have it. It's MP<50. 0-49mp = refresh; 1mp/tick. 50-> = no refresh.

(-.- yes, i tried to "tab" after refr... god, im so horrible...)
                  Alauna >> : yea.. what do TC majors do, anyways?
                  >> Alauna : we are capable of doing lots of things, but aren't really experts in anything :-p
                  Alauna >> : oh, so your a RDM?
                  >> Alauna : yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
                    I was under the impression it worked off a percentage. Such as it refreshed while you had less than 25% mp. Reports from alla are pretty evenly split between it being a percentage and 49-50mp, so polling the audicience failed. So is that first hand information/experience?
                    I don't own one, but I've seen it in action for 3 different good friends, 2 BST and one BRD, and can confirm the Refresh stops at around 49 or 50 MP, I don't remember precisely.

Icemage

Comment

Ok, works for me. Thanks for clearing that up. Well that is pretty worthless for brds.

Comment

Hmm, what about minstrel's coat, is it hard to get, or should i just stick to justicorps and then what do i wear end game AF 2 or other?

Comment

Hmm, what about minstrel's coat, is it hard to get,
                          Depends on how bad the gilsellers are on your server. On Quetz, they have all the nms camped badly in Sea Serpent Grotto because they drop Siren's Hair (~1.5mill). If you beat them to the pull and try to kill it, expect mpk attempts. Also has fairly bad spawn times given the rarity of the drop and competition for it. You shouldn't have any noticible trouble just sticking with justacorps until 72 and switching to errant body.

Comment

Ok so errant is the main body, if its not too hard can someone please give a list of good equips for end game bards

Comment

bard:AF::fish:bicycle
                              63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Working...
                              X