X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "What does a Bard do?"

Originally posted by Cesaria
    I got a great NIN tank in Kazham...

"Don't ballad the mages, bard has nothing to offer mages until 55... double paeon only"

...from a NIN who couldn't hold hate if you gave them a bucket to keep it in.
    wow... wow. lol
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Level 3 - Valor Minuet
      Increases speed at which monster dies

Level 5 - Army's Paeon
      Lowers downtime

Level 11 - Sword Madrigal
      Accuracy+ = win

You have the three key songs to last any party till 25, when you throw in Ballad. And of course 16 for sleeping.
      All spells obtained!
      Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

The way I look at it is that if BRD is one of the quickest jobs to solo to 10/11 when you begin to party, I can't imagine how anyone could consider it useless just because it's missing a single, solitary ability. That's like refusing eleven roses because it's missing the one that would make it an even dozen.

We might as well forget BLM until they get Aspir, and WHM until they get Raise, and WAR until they get Double Attack, and DRG until they get Spirit Link, and MNK until they get Focus. In fact, considering these all happen at level 25, we must all be a huge bunch of idiots since S-E so obviously intended us to solo until level 25 before we ever joined our first party! Oh, it's so very clear to me now. Praised be the enlightened ones who, through their seemingly callous disregard for BRD's abilities, were really creating a satirical metaphor of all jobs. And what ingenious method of doing it through party chatmode! I must bow to their wisdom. . .
        Morons
        4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

even if you have accuracy and regen bonus bard is not always a good option before level 25. you kill one DD spot and the problem might be that fights last alot longer or ppl cant do a good Skillchain because brd is in.
          another problem is that accuracy is not the cause of all evil in dunes
          party with 1 mage are good with a brd, partys with 3 mages suck with a added brd because the tank and dd or backup tank (if you have dual ninja) have to SC

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
          Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

But BRD is considered mage tho if you're making balance PT with 3 melee 3 mages, BRD absolutely will be 1 of the 3 mages.

I personally adore bards at all levels
            My best experience in VK long before the NA release is level 9 to 19 in 1 PT, only about 5 hours. Of course I was a bard ^^
            "we have witness the power of BRD!!" was the quote from my PT ^^b

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

we finally found 1 weak point of brd and you want to take it away ?

how dare you !

(i think its enaugh that they are the most desired PT member 25-75 and on every freaking god and HNM only for singing 4 or maybe 6 songs)

EDIT: ppl even love bards in PT for mazurca, "dont have to use half as much S-oils to get to camp" thats just hax and BS isnt it ?

Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

I have to agree with Jei. BRD is just a really cool job however you look at it. I came to the game saying to myself "I'm gonna be a DRG." After experiencing other jobs, I still want to be DRG, but I'll be coming back to BRD & RDM. They're fun, versatile, and very unique.
                4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

yeah and you get level 75 in 3 weeks(if you have another75job) +HNM Shell +Sky shell +Money

really a cool job however you look at it

Comment

yeah and you get level 75 in 3 weeks
                    Wow, was this in an update I missed?! I've been lvling brd as my second since February and am only 70. That must be the rate for people with no job or school.
                    Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

if you have one job at 75 you level much much faster then your first job, you have all the money and no need to do quest or Genkai.

my linkshell leader played up Brd in 3 weeks. he partyed like 24 because he never had to wait for party. and this 3 weeks was his hollidays.

i myself played up ranger pre update in like 1 months and one week.
                      if you want to rush, you can rush.

a static @60+ will get u up even faster.

we made the rule, "2 levels a day, no matter wahts the TnL"

Comment

I have an LS friend who lvled THF from 1 to 75, and SMN from 1 to 75, in the same month... (He also has DRK and BRD 75 I believe)

We call him the robot.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Wierd, not uncommon for me to sit 2-3 (sometimes 4-5) hours lfp during NA or JP prime time. I got so sick of lfp that I eventually did static at 65, but that was actually slower lvling (with the plus being no lfp). We were lucky to meet more than once a week. 2 lvls a day doesn't seem to feasible for lvl 50+ with 20k+ a lvl. That's 40k a day, or 10 hours of 4k exp per hour plus all the little delays that pop up like food, deaths, bathroom breaks.
                          Whm 75 Blm 37 Brd 75 | Bastok Rank 10 | Whm > Rdm

Comment

Originally posted by Rones
                            That's 40k a day, or 10 hours of 4k exp per hour
                            damn right dude but since we had this setup 2xrng 1xnin 1xbrd 1xrdm 1xwar
                            we did like 7-8k a hour and we made 5 min break every hour to get supplys (like drinks or coffee) so we pt'ed like 6-7 hours a day

note: this was only possible because we all had 6weeks hollidays at the same time (germans have long summer hollidays)

im really not lying or kidding... we all got 75 after palying this jobs one month and 1-2 weeks

Comment

Mmm... I've been in some of really great parties, but I don't think I ever managed to average anything better than about 7K/hr under optimal circumstances. While you can "occasionally" spike higher than that, there's usually either competition, lack of spawns, or other interruptions to slow you down. 8k/hr is not a realistic average figure.

Icemage

Comment

i had more then 10kexp/hour with Manaburns and Arrowburns and we managed to get 8k a hour with that setup cuz there was basicly no downtime.
                                1 mage, no hard AoE mobs, camp off normal campsites
                                hell yeah, sometimes we only got 5k hour but then we pted 1-2 hours longer then normal.

i siriously never would have played up ranger with out the opportunity to level it in under 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X