Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The +1/-1 Game: THE -1 THREAD

THIS IS THE -1 THREAD

This is a suggestion I got from Aks in my "What job should I take to 90 next" thread to use instead of a poll. At the time I was already knee deep in votes... so I didn't think it wise to change the rules of the game that far in. That being said... I felt this suggestion was well worth exploring as... lets call it a SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

The rules are simple in the +1/-1 game.

Step 1: Vote for your FAVORITE Job in FFXI. That Thread can be found HERE.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/rac...tml#post919301

Step 2: Vote for your LEAST favorite job in FFXI. You place that vote in THIS THREAD.

To see who is in the lead, simply take the numbers in the +1 Thread and subtract the number from the -1 Thread.

Time to see what job is the most popular. Make sure to cast your vote in BOTH polls!

I have set them both to stay active for the next 365 days. That should prove to be more than enough time to determine how this forum feels.
    BRD
    20.00%
    BLM
    6.67%
    COR
    6.67%
    DRK
    6.67%
    MNK
    3.33%
    PLD
    0.00%
    RNG
    10.00%
    SAM
    3.33%
    SMN
    3.33%
    WAR
    3.33%
    BST
    6.67%
    BLU
    3.33%
    DNC
    0.00%
    DRG
    3.33%
    NIN
    13.33%
    PUP
    6.67%
    RDM
    0.00%
    SCH
    0.00%
    THF
    0.00%
    WHM
    3.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Yygdrasil; 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: The +1/-1 Game: THE -1 THREAD

That's not quite how the game works, but ... ok ...
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

If I could have put 2 polls in the same thread... I would have. I don't ask for miracles, I improvise. Besides... this kinda puts a fun spin on it, don't you think?

Comment

I guess, but the point is, when you eliminate a job, it's gone. With two polls, the "eliminated" jobs will always be an option. Whereas with putting the jobs in each post, eventually, something gets -1'd off, it's gone for good. You'd list all of them and they'd start with 10 usually.

But we'll see, you have the opportunity to prove me wrong, I think by the time the polls close though you'll have probably leveled your job to 90. XD
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
          I guess, but the point is, when you eliminate a job, it's gone. With two polls, the "eliminated" jobs will always be an option. Whereas with putting the jobs in each post, eventually, something gets -1'd off, it's gone for good. You'd list all of them and they'd start with 10 usually.

But we'll see, you have the opportunity to prove me wrong, I think by the time the polls close though you'll have probably leveled your job to 90. XD
          LoL. This isn't a thread to pick my next job to 90. It's just a social experiment to see what the most popular and subsequently least popular jobs in FFXI are... according to our forum.

I'm curious.

Besides, TM put up a poll in my origial THREAD-O-MY-FUTURE so that I won't have to count anymore.

Comment

Lazy.

Okay then. I'm cool with that. Just when you labeled it as the game and then didn't quite make it the game I was like, "uh, what?"
            sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to make sure you got credit for the idea. I'm not a thief.

Comment

Lol idc the game is not my creation. Though I appreciate the fact that you're not a plagiarist.
                sigpic

Comment

You put the idea in my head... so you get honorable mention. Simple as that.

I'm like the Anti-Mark Zuckerberg

Comment

Someone chose PLD for -1 so I hate this game.

edit: NVM it was RNG.

Comment

I chose my favorite job. Now your statistics are useless.

Comment

As if your opinions were valid to begin with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                          I chose my favorite job. Now your statistics are useless.
                          Depending on the number of votes these threads recieve, your deception will likely be inconsequential to the over-all outcome. I'm not terribly concerned. 1 vote does not an imbalance make.

Comment

It throws into question the results. Questionable results are useless!

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                            As if your opinions were valid to begin with.
                            FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Only if there's a close race near the end. If the one you voted for gets completely ignored... it makes little to no impact on the results. You're betting on the wild card.

Comment

Working...
                              X