The +1/-1 Game: THE -1 THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The +1/-1 Game: THE -1 THREAD

Questionable results are questionable. Learn statistics.

Comment

No one but you cares, Dak.

Comment

THE MATH MONSTER CARES, MURPHIE, THE MATH MONSTER CARES.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
          Questionable results are questionable. Learn statistics.
          Not without a significant measurable impact that draws that statitic into relevant question. Go back to statistics.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Oh man…

BRD, NIN RNG are in 1st with BLM, COR, SAM, SMN, BST, DRG, PUP at a close 2nd.
              **whispers** this is intense!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Wait wtf…it’s like you guys looked at my signature and picked most of those jobs.
              Now I’m going to take even longer killing NMs in Abyssea…
              99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
              -Farsha (90) Completed!!
              -Verth (90) Completed!!
              -Guttler (95) Completed!
              -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
              -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
              -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                Not without a significant measurable impact that draws that statitic into relevant question. Go back to statistics.
                Too many words, not enough meaning.

My response is invalid, since I didn't follow the directions, but you don't know which response that is, so you can't throw it out. Any response could be the invalid response, and you don't have a sample size large enough to mitigate its effects.

Since the different between the highest and lowest scoring options is three, one invalid response can have a pronounced effect. Any inference made on this data would also be invalid.

Comment

Too many words, not enough meaning.

My response is invalid, since I didn't follow the directions, but you don't know which response that is, so you can't throw it out. Any response could be the invalid response, and you don't have a sample size large enough to mitigate its effects.
                  iirc, I stated earlier that your response does indeed sway the outcome, but only if there's a close race.

Example: The results at the end of the year state that NIN and DNC both obtained 33% of the votes each and the remainder went to the other various jobs. Your Vote would be called into question in such an event.

However, if the results were overwhelmingly against say... SMN with 76% of the vote. your vote doesnt matter, weather it was in favor or against SMN does not change the outcome. The only time that your vote of un-truth would matter is in the event of a tie... or a situation where 1 vote would make all the difference.

Comment

Then we agree! I guess?

Comment

Then we agree! I guess?
                      Sort-of? It's all circumstantial. Time will tell! That's half the fun, right? Unexpected variables.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Also: Wow... no love for NIN

Comment

I was one of the voters for NIN in this thread. Because it sucked donkey balls to level.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

NIN is no fun. It's been agonizing every step of the way.
                          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                          Name: Drjones
                          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I disagree. I have been playing nin for a while now and I've enjoyed the soloability of it. Especially now at the higher levels where /DNC makes the job especially solo-capable.

To each his own I suppose.

Comment

Back in the day it cost an arm and a leg, because everybody expected you to tank. Money tank? No thanks.

Comment

I picked BRD because:

* when I was still playing on PS2, bard magic could seriously freeze my PS2 because the effects were all simultaneous, so I already have a negative experience, and I wouldn't be able to play it on PS2 anyhow

* I've been playing pet jobs, and I have some rightful resentment for bard because the buffs favor non-pet jobs

* but the main reason is that these days, bard is basically useless inside Abyssea except for some weakness triggers (PLD is useless too, but it would still be more fun)

* they're also pretty damn weak on their own; soloing WHM back in the day was bad enough, not gonna try that on bard (though admittedly /BST would make it much easier)
                                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X