Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the only needed Jobs in FFXI are WHM, PLD, BLM and SAM???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the only needed Jobs in FFXI are WHM, PLD, BLM and SAM???

Originally posted by Truece View Post
    I find winning much more fun that NOT winning. I've never won something and thought "Damn, I'm so sad that I won..."

Hell, I was even happy that I won a Fafnir statue in this year's Mog Bonanza! Much better than nothing at all.
    Yes... winning IS more fun than loosing, but isn't it fun when you try something new, even though you might lose?

I think so. I even try new RJ stratigies. Sure, I might not win, but its fun, and its also helping people (possibly) obtain 960k gil on my server, and thats with max drops (Ni scroll X2, and Archer's ring). I have fun when doing them with other people, who want to try soemthing different, and I do to. I play the BCNMS for FUN, not to win. Hell, if I win, then thats even better, and if I do get the drop too.

But when I am after the drops, not trying to test new stuff out, I will go with a tried and tested stratagy. Rdm, Thf, Dnc can do it farily easy, but it will be a long fight, and it is farily fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
      Yes... winning IS more fun than loosing, but isn't it fun when you try something new, even though you might lose?

I think so. I even try new RJ stratigies. Sure, I might not win, but its fun, and its also helping people (possibly) obtain 960k gil on my server, and thats with max drops (Ni scroll X2, and Archer's ring). I have fun when doing them with other people, who want to try soemthing different, and I do to. I play the BCNMS for FUN, not to win. Hell, if I win, then thats even better, and if I do get the drop too.

But when I am after the drops, not trying to test new stuff out, I will go with a tried and tested stratagy. Rdm, Thf, Dnc can do it farily easy, but it will be a long fight, and it is farily fun too.
      You're missing the point though.

For some - perhaps many - people, losing when you try something new is not fun. Not everyone shares your worldview. That's why many endgame shells (the ones with no imaginations and not so much skill) rely on the tried-and-true methods.

Icemage

Comment

It depends what's at stake.

If it's just some mission or something that's really easy to pop with no expense at all, then sure. I wouldn't mind trying new strategies. Nobody has anything to lose. However, if it's a JoL pop and you try something new that doesn't work and you end up wiping, you can bet your sweet ass that I would be furious (and so would the rest of the group).

I'm not sure if you're in the endgame scene at all, but you'll understand if this ever does come into play. It's not fun farming and working for triggers and wiping because somebody wanted to try something new, contrary to what you know works.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          Maybe if you guys actually gave it a valid chance we wouldn't have so many "I don't knows" . . . but no . . .
          Who the heck is "you guys"?

My main LS can't field enough Lv.75 people/jobs for Kirin, not to mention we don't have a PUP75. My previous 'endgame' LS didn't have a PUP75 either, as far as I know.

I don't know how PUP works on Kirin or in endgame because I never had the opportunity to find out. Sure, "I don't know" doesn't sound all that smart, but it's better than BS'ing about how it will or will not work, and trumps pointless complaints about lack of info on things you wouldn't test yourself.

By the way:

Seal of Byakko: ~80k
          Seal of Genbu: ~30k
          Seal of Suzaku: ~200k
          Seal of Seiryu: ~250k

A Kirin run costs equivalent of somewhere between 550k~600k gil or so. And, due to the way Kirin's room works, it often takes 40 minutes or even a hour just to get everyone to the location. A Kirin run is costly.

You want random testing done on Kirin? Pony up the four seals along with a half-baked idea, level the job(s) in question to 75 first yourself, and find a willing LS. Your accusatory tone isn't needed.
          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I'm sorry but how can you say that winning isn't fun for some people? That's their choice to make. It may not be fun for you but for them it is. They win, they get goodies, and they get an uber title sometimes. In their eyes, getting that is what its all about and to do that they want the "perfect" setup and strategy. That's their fun, not mine, but who are we to say its wrong?
            "Wrong"? Not at all. But show me somebody who says they are just there for the thrill of the kill, for a title, or just because they want to help out, or any reason that does not involve loot (or the eventual acquisition of loot via participation points or otherwise), and I bet I could probably show you somebody who is painting a dishonest image of themself or somebody who is being taken advantage of. "Fun" implies that something is its own reward. If I fight something and it doesn't drop what we want (or worse, we lose!), I can immediately think of a hundred other things that I could've spent my time on that was more fun.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
              It depends what's at stake.

If it's just some mission or something that's really easy to pop with no expense at all, then sure. I wouldn't mind trying new strategies. Nobody has anything to lose. However, if it's a JoL pop and you try something new that doesn't work and you end up wiping, you can bet your sweet ass that I would be furious (and so would the rest of the group).

I'm not sure if you're in the endgame scene at all, but you'll understand if this ever does come into play. It's not fun farming and working for triggers and wiping because somebody wanted to try something new, contrary to what you know works.
              That is true, but the way that the game is set up, its hard to obtain the items right? If they made it easier to obtain the items, then they can actually do the runs more often, and test them more often and such. I do hope that FFXIV it is easier to obtain teh pop items and such.

I am not into end game. In fact I HATE how end game tears a few payers away from their friends and such. Three of my friends got into end game, and they haven't been the same ever since. All they care about now is getting the best gear/equips and winning, they forgot why they started playing the game in the first place... For fun.

Comment

That is true, but the way that the game is set up, its hard to obtain the items right? If they made it easier to obtain the items, then they can actually do the runs more often, and test them more often and such. I do hope that FFXIV it is easier to obtain teh pop items and such.
                Unfortunately, this will probably never happen. If SE made it extremely easy to get triggers, then everyone would have every piece of gear and individuality would pretty much be gone. For difficult to pop mobs, it's best to stick with what you know. But for other things that don't take that much time and effort, go nuts trying to figure out new strategies.

I am not into end game. In fact I HATE how end game tears a few payers away from their friends and such. Three of my friends got into end game, and they haven't been the same ever since. All they care about now is getting the best gear/equips and winning, they forgot why they started playing the game in the first place... For fun.
                To each his own. I do endgame because I enjoy fighting HNM's. I could care less what gear I get from it, to be honest.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                  Unfortunately, this will probably never happen. If SE made it extremely easy to get triggers, then everyone would have every piece of gear and individuality would pretty much be gone. For difficult to pop mobs, it's best to stick with what you know. But for other things that don't take that much time and effort, go nuts trying to figure out new strategies.
                  Well, I don't mean make it insainly easy, but make it easier to get the drops for them, atleast so that everyone can have a chance at the HNM, Gods, or what ever else there is to do.

Especially the R/Ex drops from Nms. You cant sell them, so why make them 1/100050 drop rate?

Comment

Your "friends" were lootwhores all along. The opportunity to get loot just revealed that. My condolences.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes endgame can turn people in to a-holes. They forget about their friends and act like they are god's gift to the community. They run around spouting stuff like they know everything and belittle other peoples opinions of stuff. I call it Big Head Syndrome.

Had one friend that was playing with his g/f and r/l friend. Long story short, his g/f and r/l friend quit playing because of how he changed once he got in endgame. His g/f left him eventually and he had issues with his r/l friend too. All because of a GAME.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        Yes endgame can turn people in to a-holes. They forget about their friends and act like they are god's gift to the community. They run around spouting stuff like they know everything and belittle other peoples opinions of stuff. I call it Big Head Syndrome.

Had one friend that was playing with his g/f and r/l friend. Long story short, his g/f and r/l friend quit playing because of how he changed once he got in endgame. His g/f left him eventually and he had issues with his r/l friend too. All because of a GAME.
                        That actually sounds like a lifetime movie. But yeah I am glad that I am not like that because I can be an "a-hole" but that is under a condition that if that person was iin front of me I would have flipped the table his computer was on. If it was mounted I would gather up the CPU and the wall mount montior put it on a table just to flip it. I barely can bring my self tell people how to improve their play style or to fight a battle. So if I started doing that it would be time for me to quit again most likely for good and seriously consider not picking up another MMOG.

Comment

Working...
                        X