Fun, Fast Duo Combo advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun, Fast Duo Combo advice?

not that anyone cares but here are my newer plans now that I've actually started playing the game. I started as WHM and now I'm RDM and bot jobs are lvl 19. My goal would still be to eventually lvl Pup but I'd like to try some other jobs along the way. I'll start with Theif so I can have 1 melee job to sub. Then I'm gonna do Bard for a while, and then Dragoon to test out an easier pet type job. Then I'll unlock Puppetmaster but I probably won't lvl it until all the other job are at least 37. Then on either DRG or RDM I'll unlock Dancer and lvl that a bit before taking on pup seriously, cause I'd like to sub DNC on it.
    You all think this sounds do-able? XD

Comment

Honestly, I'd just get WHM to 37 first (with at least a BLM sub, /RDM isn't much help to WHM), unlock all the jobs to see if you actually like them and then go from there. Not all jobs turn out as fun in application as you might have envisioned them being and then you may take a shine to another job. So its best just to unlock them all and give them a spin before deciding in advance. Aside from Beastmaster and Corsair, none of what I levelled to high level was what I initially planned.

I thought I was going to be a RDM from the start, then the narcolepsy set in. So I had to experiment from that point to see what really appealed to me. Turns out that I'm very much into indirect combat and support. I like guns and bullets, bows and arrows, sending monsters to do my dirty work and handing out buffs.

WAR and WHM have the broadest subjob applications for most jobs in the game, but even they are not an end-all/be-all anymore. DNC, NIN, BLU and other subs can be helpful in places.

Just whatever you do, don't do WAR/THF before 30. /THF does nothing before 30, nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamonmoo View Post
        not that anyone cares
        I'm actually quite interested in your experience, and hope it has been fun and painless. Definitely curious to know what duo combinations end up working for you.

Did Fields of Valor and the xp from EP and DC enemies keep the game flowing along at an enjoyable pace? Have you both been able to avoid resting? Did you make use of Refresh Field Support?

Please do keep us informed, and enjoy your adventures in Vana'diel.

Comment

Working...
        X