Contemplating a third job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contemplating a third job

Keep in mind COR is a suitable melee, though welcome in PTs as a support class and would be able to use much of the melee gear you'd end up grabbing for PLD and RDM anyway, especially in terms of a Haste build. Easy to be a sell-out in this job to, but hard to be a good COR if you sell out go /WHM all the time and play it on the cheap.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Stop tempting me with those fruits from the tree, BBQ. RDM is all the Support job I can handle.

DNC looks appealing though, to be PERFECTLY HONEST >_>.

Case in point, I like Busy Jobs.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Busy jobs, eh? Don't play MNK then!

All kidding aside, DRK fucking owns in endgame, and I remember it being a lot of fun when I leveled it as a SJ. (Plan to pick it up eventually.) WAR is also pretty fun, so is SAM, and I have limited experience with DRG, but looks like fun. All of them are good for merits.DRG, of course, detroys all in merits because of birds. Or polearm SAM.

SAM is very versatile, as well, and has a lot of places in endgame, and is a fairly decent zerg job with their 2hr and Sekkanoki allowing them to WS rapidly.

Depends what you're planning to play for, really. All four of those jobs are good merit jobs (meaning, I would invite all of them) and all four of them are good in events with a ton of mobs coming at you. Think Dynamis, Einherjar. They can also all be useful in Limbus.

For zerg situations such as KV or DL, DRK is the winner hands down. Nothing zergs like a DRK. SAM next probably, then DRG and WAR for Angon and Tomahawk.

For kings, SAM wins, for their ability to skillchain easily and set the BLMs up for a good MB.

It really does come down to what you're interested in doing. Of course, RDM and PLD are both always needed at endgame so you may never even get to touch your "fun" job. But there are a lot of uses for all four of those jobs. It really comes down to what job you enjoy the most.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like playing RDM in merit.

But I've been soloing as DRK/WHM using FoV. Was using Refresh and Regen buffs, soloing on Hill Lizards and the occasional mob.

Sad how a "T" isn't really that "tough".

Lizards are painfully easy if you turn around fast enough to avoid baleful gaze.

Oh, and the Sand Hares are ridiculously overfucking powered.
          The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Man, DRK is the easiest job to solo up to the 40's, you can easily get 3-5k xp/hr with xp band (and this was before the xp adjustment on EP-DC and fields of valor and stuff.) Just need to spend some gil on Bloody/Acid bolts and level up Marksmanship.

PS > /DNC would've made things so much easier back in the day.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post

Oh, and the Sand Hares are ridiculously overfucking powered.
              Ya think of it in real life terms. You need food so you are going to have to kill something and eat it. You go out and there are these mean looking lizards with a fat tail that can swat you and they breathe fire. Ok...so that might be a bit dangerous. Oh look! There's a bunny!

DUST CLOUD! hahahaha you're blind!

WHIRL CLAWS BITCH! now you're dead!

Ya....who knew...
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Sam is terribly terribly bandwagon, but it really is a lot of fun. But I had even more fun with DNC. Very busy, very intriguing, but I couldn't take it past 37 because i'm an elvaan dude.

Might I bring THF to your attention? Homam/Hecatomb thing again to share with PLD... also a rather busy job. And while your LS will never care about your THF's damage output, at least you can count on getting it invited to events just because you have TH.

But I always thought it tragic how little DRK players use a RDM mindset with the job. RDMs all macro in gear to maximize the benefits of Convert, but you never hear of DRKs equipping +HP gear while casting Dread Spikes (the max amount of HP it can drain before wearing off is equal to half your max HP).

Also, souleater may be more potent with massive HP. But being taru and having less hp fed into each swing means you can stand to let the effect run longer w/out getting hate and eating grass.

>.>

Like, 1 extra swing if you're lucky.
                Last edited by Lmnop; 04-02-2009, 05:16 PM.
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I am absolutely in LOVE with DRK.

Maybe because I picked it up after 2h update.
                  Maybe because I'm subbing WHM.
                  Maybe because I'm getting exp on my own terms.
                  Maybe because FoV is so ridiculously exploit-worthy (fight things I was fighting anyway, but get rewarded for it!?)
                  Maybe because mobs drop all sorts of random goodies now.
                  Maybe because Bio is so over powered and Scythe isn't a fair weapon to use on EM-T

But I'm content to keep on at it. Holy shyt, I just got Aspir. I'm going to be smacking crabs around for DAYS.

I just wish I had a higher level cure.

I suppose it's time to break out the NPC buddy..
                  The Tao of Ren

Comment

Working...
                  X