an idea: job synergy. tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: an idea: job synergy. tell me what you think

You two are terrible at staying on topic.

Comment

NIN/DRK is trash, you are one of those people that looks at videos made by some of the best geared people in the game where they use NIN/DRK with an army of BRD and RDM behind them, and you think that it's practical or that it will actually work for you. That confirms to me that you need to learn more about the game.

Comment

So because you can't do it, it's a bad combo?

Right, gotcha.

P.S. All tanks have Rdm/Brds supporting them on big mobs.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
          You two are terrible at staying on topic.
          *gasp!* Ehem... although you have to admit you laughed watching afro ninja.

Ok, ok, on topic. For these bonuses to work with currently ignored job combos it would take way more tweaking than SE has been known to be willing to do.

So maybe instead of added effects or abilities how about better skill ratings and maybe access to some job specific items?

Say you want to encourage the use of /BRD, so how about giving access to NQ instruments (not HQ or relic etc.) for all jobs. Or giving said "compatible" jobs 3/4 of the main/sub's skill level instead of taking the lvl37 cap literally and stuff.

That being said I still don't like the idea at all, but maybe that way it could work. Maybe.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by ospeff View Post
            NIN/DRK is trash, you are one of those people that looks at videos made by some of the best geared people in the game where they use NIN/DRK with an army of BRD and RDM behind them, and you think that it's practical or that it will actually work for you. That confirms to me that you need to learn more about the game.
            You do know that NIN doesn't always tank right?
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

/drk is a tanking sub. It has more culmulative hate spike spells with low casting speeds and MP costs and higher volatile hate JAs then most other subs. And since nins should be covered in Haste already and not taking damage, all they'd really need would be refresh to keep their spell casting going. The only thing they really lose from not going /war is Double Attack, because while Provoke is a great hate spike, it does nothing for long time hate building.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

There's Stun too. A good Flash+Stun cycle can keep mobs disabled for some time.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                X