Things not to do with/to Spells and Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things not to do with/to Spells and Songs

Nyzul Qiqirns stab me between arrow shots. I don't know about Lamiae.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      When i was doing all my recent Lamia No. 13 runs, BRDs always would Elegy the Lamia. It doesn't do much there.
      But honestly, is it that huge of a deal? Songs have no mp cost so you aren't losing mp. Yes, it gives the brd a bit of hate but thats about the only negative thing I can think of. Casting dia on a mob that nees to be slept is a huge deal. Smacking something thats bound for a reason is a huge deal. Singing elegy on a mob that does rnged attacks is nothing to get worked up about. (Even casting slow on it isn't either. What is it, a paltry 12mp?)
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        Nyzul Qiqirns stab me between arrow shots. I don't know about Lamiae.
        They do if you run into melee range, what I mean is that I believe unlike standard beastmen, if you sit and nuke/ranged attack they won't charge you when they get under 50%ish, and will instead sit back and shoot until they're dead.
        Last edited by Callisto; 11-17-2008, 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

They do if you run into melee range, what I mean is that I believe unlike standard beastmen, if you sit and nuke/ranged attack they won't charge you when they get under 50%ish, and will instead sit back and shoot until they're dead.
          Oooooooooooh. That's interesting. And could possibly be exploited by BLUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
            unlike standard beastmen, if you sit and nuke/ranged attack they won't charge you when they get under 50%ish,
            I had always thought they come rushing at you when they are ready to use a TP move (Goblin RNGs with bombs on the mind included for some reason; maybe they want to make sure you don't get away?).
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

Oooooooooooh. That's interesting. And could possibly be exploited by BLUs.
              I might be mistaken, but I believe it already is by BLMs, or rather that's why QQ RNGs are a favorite solo target at those levels.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
              I had always thought they come rushing at you when they are ready to use a TP move (Goblin RNGs with bombs on the mind included for some reason; maybe they want to make sure you don't get away?).
              It's definitely HP based, I don't know the exact % though, I believe it's 50%. RNGs and most NINs will sit back and ranged attack until they're below the specific health threshold, then they charge, them TPing is possibly just a coincidence of their health also hitting the point where the AI triggers the use of TP moves every time they fill TP.

Comment

What Callisto said. It's HP based but I've never bothered to peg down what's the % where they start chasing you. In addition to that, if a goblin RNG had TP ready, he would just throw the bomb from where he stands.

Comment

Just a few other things I wanna mention that bug the hell out of me.

Elemental Dot: Don't cast Frost just because an enemy is weak to ice. And if you do, don't be stupid by following it up with Shock, please stack the elemental DoT's in 3's.

And to WHM's in general: Why if you're the only one who can cast them do you refrain from enfeebles? I don't know how many times I've been in a PT where the WHM was the only one with Dia/Slow/Para and never used them. Those spells make the fights way easier and save you from spending more MP on cures! > _ <;

Oh yeah, and just because the RNG/THF(War?) is bringing down the Mob's def with acid bolts/armor break, doesn't mean you can take a break from casting Dia. The two stack so pile on the defense down! The same goes for a BRD using Elegy and Slow.

Okay back to what not to do um...

Cures: Please take into consideration a target's HP when selecting a cure spell rather than just spamming your highest cure. Don't go off cure bombing people either unless they're in deep shit. Learn to use Regen, and stop wasting MP curing mages who are resting unless they are orange or weaker. Chances are they'll be down for a while to get MP back and will eventually return to full anyway.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

In addition to that, if a goblin RNG had TP ready, he would just throw the bomb from where he stands.
                    Orly?

My bad, then.
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Cures: a. Please take into consideration a target's HP when selecting a cure spell rather than just spamming your highest cure. Don't go off cure bombing people either unless they're in deep shit. b. Learn to use Regen, and c. stop wasting MP curing mages who are resting unless they are orange or weaker. Chances are they'll be down for a while to get MP back and will eventually return to full anyway.
                      A. YES! I will admit, I was in Promy last night doing sliver runs and I kinda forgot that at level 30, Cure III is rarely necessary, and certainly not when someone is at 80%, but chalk that up to habit, lol, and I realized I was overcuring pretty quickly. Just habit, I see someone at 80% I'll toss a Cure III on them without thinking too much about it, and if it doesn't fill them up I'll usually toss a Regen II on them, which brings me to

B. Please do this, it's nice to Regen your puller after a long pull and then just kind of forget about him and concentrate on the tank.

C. Seriously, this annoys me when I'm resting. Don't cure me while I'm resting! I can cure myself, and I've deemed it unnecessary to do so because I'm taking a knee. Concentrate on the people in the party who can't cure themselves and let me rest up. Unless you're the PLD and you're curing me for hate.

Okay, speaking of which, PLDs, learn to cure your other party members, not just yourself. You may be sitting at close to full, but that SAM looks like he's taking a beating. Why not toss a Cure IV his way and accomplish three things: 1. You get the mob's attention back, 2. You save the SAM's life, 3. You save your mage some MP. With PLDs, I'll let people sit at yellow HP for a bit to see if the PLD will cure him. I'm often disappointed when they don't.

If you're BLM, cast Burn on mobs you won't need to sleep (remember you have Bind and Stun, too) because it lowers their INT and your nukes are less likely to get resisted. This is a trick that I wish I'd learned earlier. True, up until 73ish you don't really get a chance to solo mobs that you won't be sleeping, but on puddings, they die so quickly that you can afford to DoT them and just keep them Gravitied, and toss a Bind up if shit gets hairy. If you're actually in a party, cast Burn on the mob so your nukes get resisted less, and it also does do some bit of damage so it's worth it in the long run.

Also, BLMs, you like to skill up your dark magic but you don't want to overwrite the RDM's Dia II? I've found that Bio II at 1-2% of the mob's life will usually kill it, and you can skill up that way. At that point, if your RDM is going to get pissed at you for casting Bio, he's too uptight for words. XD

Can't think of anything else right now but just wanted to put these out there.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Why Do They Hate My Minstrel's Ring??

edit: bleh too lazy to retype that in all caps

Comment

edit: bleh too lazy to retype that in all caps
                          And yet not too busy to write an edit?
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I might be mistaken, but I believe it already is by BLMs, or rather that's why QQ RNGs are a favorite solo target at those levels.
                            This is correct. RNG rats are fun to kill.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, BLMs, you like to skill up your dark magic but you don't want to overwrite the RDM's Dia II? I've found that Bio II at 1-2% of the mob's life will usually kill it, and you can skill up that way. At that point, if your RDM is going to get pissed at you for casting Bio, he's too uptight for words. XD
                              Could also cast Bio 1, since it won't overwrite Dia II.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                                Cures: Please take into consideration a target's HP when selecting a cure spell rather than just spamming your highest cure. Don't go off cure bombing people either unless they're in deep shit. Learn to use Regen, and stop wasting MP curing mages who are resting unless they are orange or weaker. Chances are they'll be down for a while to get MP back and will eventually return to full anyway.
                                Thank you! On WHM, I'm rather used to casting regen and seeing somebody else cast a cure just a few seconds later, AND them tossing a cure on me when I go to rest with a fair bit of damage. Better still, sometimes both are combined, and I regen myself (10 points a tick for 15 MP with merits, outdoes a Cure III for less MP than Cure II if I have the time) and rest. There never seems much point in saying anything, it's already too late...

Oh well, I'm sure tanks in Dynamis appreciate the Regen IIIs...

Comment

Working...
                                X