• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things not to do with/to Spells and Songs

Omg you are a nut!! good post

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      Cures: Please take into consideration a target's HP when selecting a cure spell rather than just spamming your highest cure. Don't go off cure bombing people either unless they're in deep shit. Learn to use Regen, and stop wasting MP curing mages who are resting unless they are orange or weaker. Chances are they'll be down for a while to get MP back and will eventually return to full anyway.
      You obviously haven't been in a party where every Regen III gets cured over by overzealous RDMs/SCHs. With the number of curebombing RDMs I've partied with it's easier to just cast a Cure 2/3 since I know the RDm will drop a Cure 3/4. Saves more MP too.

And it's worth putting at least a Regen I on resting mages because MP recovers faster than HP when resting. Curing resting people also saves those who are dumb enough to rest within AoE range from getting one shotted by AoE's too. Which accounts for about 65% of all DD's i've partied with. Though doing Celerity + Curaga II between pulls usually fixes up DDs anyway. Especially with the curbombing RDMs I mentioned earlier

THough Curaga spells are dangerous, especially when the puller doesn't look at the chat log to see what you're casting and pulls when your spell cast timer is at 65%
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        And it's worth putting at least a Regen I on resting mages because MP recovers faster than HP when resting.
        Note that I said only they're in orange or below (i.e. if they grab hate in the next fight things will get ugly) since they'll end up resting back to full HP anyway at some point (or fire off a drain)
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Things not to do with spells? Well...

* Unless their MP is critically low, do not cure Paladins in the yellow, and do not fully cure Paladins in the orange. Especially not PLD/RDMs. No, not even tarus -- they cure for hate too. Trust me, you don't want to tank instead of the PLD.

* If someone says "he's already up/been raised/pending", do not finish your Raise -- especially if the person speaking is capable of Raise, as they're probably the one who did it. Sit and save that MP.

* Don't cast AMIs without permission unless the party's about to end anyway. You'll just break the chain.

* Don't just spam physical damaging spells. You can stun beautifully. You can debuff, for those fights that'll take longer than 30 seconds. You can cure, if things go to hell enough that the RDM/WHM/SCH needs help.

* Don't spoil people's skillchains with Chain Affinity or physical pacts. Just because people don't plan them amongst each other doesn't mean there isn't a SAM or BLU in the party who wants to self-chain.

That's all that pops to mind that hasn't been said. -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
            * Don't spoil people's skillchains with Chain Affinity or physical pacts. Just because people don't plan them amongst each other doesn't mean there isn't a SAM or BLU in the party who wants to self-chain.
            Edit: I think I might've read your statement wrong but I'll add my /rant in

Kinda annoying when you are the BLU doing CABA and you call out that you are about to self s/c (/p <call14> {Blue Mage} Self {Skillchain} {Fusion}.) and right after you ws somebody interrupts it with their ws and then another person interrupts with their ws. I was in a party this one day with 2 DRGs who apparently knew each other and were skillchaining with each other but weren't calling it out. On a sidenote they might not've actually been SCing but just attempting to do damage. If they would've called it out I would've saved my Self SC until they were finished.
            Last edited by Durahansolo; 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

You can cure,
              Yes, yes, Good Lord YES! Blue Mage healing is abysmally underutilized.

In fact, when I take up the job myself (to sub level), I may play the healer position just for the heck of it and to say, "Hey, look what I can do, I can heal HP, too!"
              Last edited by Yellow Mage; 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM. Reason: And don't even try to get me started on the efficiency of Magic Fruit!
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

* Don't cast AMIs without permission unless the party's about to end anyway. You'll just break the chain.

This is what parsimony is for. Nothing like dropping only 150~ish MP for 800+ dmg to finish off a pesky mob.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Paladins, if you see me casting Flash, DO NOT cast it immediately after me. I know how to gauge hate, and I have plenty of enmity - gear on. You do not need to grab hate back from me.

Really though, that is my main problem with other casters right now. They don't pay attention to the spells other party members use.

Don't cure over my Regens. There is no need to cure the DD who only gets the occasional damage from an AoE attack. Trust me, he'll be fine with Regen II or III. Also, if I'm running a haste cycle (which I normally am), please do not start hasting random DDs. If you want to split the party between the two of us, I'm totally down with that, just send me a tell first, so we're not wasting each others MP by casting over each other. Same thing goes with Enfeebles. If I don't see you casting Paralyze/Slow etc. I am going to start casting them. You can't complain that I'm taking over your job if you're not doing your fucking job in the first place.

I was in a party the other day, when this happened to a link.

Illuen starts casting Repose on linkedmob
                  Black Mage starts casting Sleep II on linkedmob
                  RDM starts casting Bio on linkedmob

Raise

Say the party wipes. If you have reraise up, please raise anyone else capable of casting raise first. And while we're on the matter, if you are high enough to have a Reraise spell, you're high enough to know you should always keep it on yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                    Paladins, if you see me casting Flash, DO NOT cast it immediately after me. I know how to gauge hate, and I have plenty of enmity - gear on. You do not need to grab hate back from me.
                    I gave up casting Flash as a whm unless the circumstances are absolutely in need of it. Too many conflicting attitudes over it. Same mob, same situation and...one time I do it, I get praised. Another time I do it, I get told I should know better that I don't need that extra hate. So I keep it for times when I see the mob going after a mage or when the tanks have shadow issues. Stuff like that is about the only time I'll use it because god help me if they yell at me for THAT then they are going to hear it!

Don't cure over my Regens. There is no need to cure the DD who only gets the occasional damage from an AoE attack. Trust me, he'll be fine with Regen II or III. Also, if I'm running a haste cycle (which I normally am), please do not start hasting random DDs. If you want to split the party between the two of us, I'm totally down with that, just send me a tell first, so we're not wasting each others MP by casting over each other. Same thing goes with Enfeebles. If I don't see you casting Paralyze/Slow etc. I am going to start casting them. You can't complain that I'm taking over your job if you're not doing your fucking job in the first place.
                    All of this is solved with one little word.........COMMUNICATION! It's the thing that is sorely lacking in this game.......well that and PLEASE PAY ATTENTION. lol I'm in a pt with another rdm, I am in charge of 2 in the group and she's in charge of the other 2, and she still feels the need to cast Haste or Refresh on my 2 charges. Drives me nuts. I /t'd her and spoke to her because I believe in communication and I thought that got the message through..........NOPE! So I resorted to chastising her in pt chat. "I've already put haste on them."

Raise

Say the party wipes. If you have reraise up, please raise anyone else capable of casting raise first. And while we're on the matter, if you are high enough to have a Reraise spell, you're high enough to know you should always keep it on yourself.
                    Lordie don't even get me started on the Raise issue! LOLOLOLOL At events I use a macro that says {Raise} >> <t> and posts to the ls chat and not pt chat. Yet it never fails that the other "raisers" in the group STILL cast multiple times on the same dead person. I used to have a habit of scrolling up in the ls chat to see who's been raised because my last ls most of our people used a similar macro. This ls I'm in now......NO ONE has ANY type of macro line that says they are raising someone. Drives me absolutely BONKERS! I still take the time to scroll up and read through the log but that takes more time and just isn't efficient.

Some members aren't on much anymore and I have been asked to come on whm much more often now. The other person that is usually on that comes whm is constantly competing with me. I'll go over to the person I am going to raise and he'll quickly stand and start using his ja's (he comes /sch). I use my macro saying I'm raising the person and he runs up and starts casting raise on them. Seriously!? How old are you? I know its not something I'm imagining either. Once someone died in sea and because I believe in COMMUNICATION, I posted to ls chat that I was omw to raise them. I was nearly there when I see a line of text in my log "<name> uses Sprinter Shoes" and then he goes running past me to raise the person. SERIOUSLY!!?? HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU?

....I told you not to get me started....
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

RDM wins.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Raise
                        I know Raise was the title of your next section, but I like to read your story like this.
                        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post

I know Raise was the title of your next section, but I like to read your story like this.

Raise
                          LOLOLOLOL
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                            SERIOUSLY!!?? HOW FUCKING OLD ARE YOU?
                            Not as old as you, TGM... Not as old as you.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                            WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Of Flash:

Flash generates 180 CE, 1280 VE. That's a TE of 1460. I don't know quite where I'm going with this so let's take it piecemeal.

Assuming a level 75 target, CE is (HP*40/55) and VE is 6 times this number. So for TE, I'm just taking the CE number times 7.

Algebra time!

HP * (7*40)/55 = 1460
                              HP= (1460*55)/280

In order to get 1460 TE out of curing, we would have to heal for 286.785 HP.

Therefore!!!!!!
                              ...I don't know what that means.

I think it means if Flash saves more HP than 286, it actually nets you less enmity. Remember this on hard-hitting mobs.

Sorry, I'm too lazy for an mp-efficiency comparison right now.
                              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Pretty much what you said, if Flash saves more than 287 damage then it nets less enmity than curing that much damage. However, Flash also prevents hate loss form taking that much damage in the first place, making it more desirable. It's also a lot more MP-efficient than heals since it costs 25 MP to Flash but it costs 48 MP to heal 180 HP, or 88 MP to heal 360.

I wish people would stop being retarded about it so WHMs could Flash without getting flak from idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                X