what was your first job and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was your first job and why?

ok I just thought it would be neet to see what everyone's first job on FFXI was, why, when you started it, how far you got on it etc...well sense I am new and I say MNK because its a fast way to level and make gil for wanting to become a whm later on xD.

Re: what was your first job and why?

My absolute very first job was Warrior. Knowing that I could freely switch to something else I took the advice I had read with people suggesting Warrior as a good starting job to get a feel of how combat works. I only took it to like level 3 before I tried out the other starting jobs.

As for my first real job, I would say Monk. I enjoyed Monk, being able to deal a nice amount of damage. I soloed a first and did a little duo with another mithra Monk for a while. It was quite fun. However I only took the job to level 13, and that's where it still sits today.

Comment

RDM, because it's been one of my favorite jobs since I got into the series (FF as a whole)

Boy was I disappointed @.@;
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Black Mage....

I like making things go BOOOOOM
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

White mage. I always play games defensively, and WHM is probably the most defensive job in the game overall.

Icemage

Comment

Warrior was the first one I chose, mainly because I wanted to get a feel for tanking.
            You kill one man, your a murderer
            Kill many and your a conquerer
            Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Warrior was the first job I pciked up because I loved the idea of adventuring and exploring about as one, but RDM was the first job I picked up seriously because I loved the independence of it. And unlike Malacite I wasn't really disappointed with the job. :p
              My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
              Originally posted by Balfree
              Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I started out as a MNK on my first character, because I liked the whole flavor of the job. Simple, direct, punch things til they fall down, and I read this post somewhere that hyped up the dedication it took to play the job really well, which I also liked.

I've started every character since (even mules) as MNK, as sort of a tradition.

And yet, I've never taken it past level 21. Other jobs seduced me, with all their fancy knick-knacks.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Red Mage. Actually a story behind it. I joined FFXI about a month after RoTZ was released, and NIN was a new job. My original plan was to solo as a RDM/NIN DD(using enspells) with shadows/cures as support. Way back when, this combo was unheard of and completely new. Therefor, I named myself "Neomage", the new mage.

Whatdya know, my trend caught on.
                  Originally posted by Ellipses
                  Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                  Originally posted by MCLV
                  A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                  More Sig:

Comment

If you wanna get extremely technical, I started the game as a Warrior, only because it was merely a stepping stone to my true "First Job," Dragoon. I only initially took Warrior to 18 for the subjob quest, using Polearm mainly for the most part, because I knew from the get go that I was using this only as a sub to Dragoon anyway. It wasn't until later when my Dragoon was nearing the 40s that I went back and finished Warrior as a sub.

Rather amusing, seeing as how I never use the job as a sub to anything other than Paladin anymore.

Comment

White Mage. Hexa Strike gave 42 tp back...
                      I believe most sigs are like the people they represent - useless, loud and obnoxious.

Comment

I started as THF because I wanted to be Mithra, and I read that they did well with thf jobs. I took THF to 25 before I realized I wanted to be a Bard. So I leveled my White Mage to 30 and then unlocked Bard, and that was it!
                        Originally Posted by Neosutra
                        Jesus Christ guys, no one will get banned from this Salvage dupe. It isnt trackable, it isnt traceable, and you dont alter any game mechanics to do it. Anyone thinking people will get banned is a fucking moron.
                        Bard 75 ~ Bard Relic: 4/5 ~ Windy Rank 10

Comment

Red Mage, because I couldn't decide between White Mage and Black Mage and I figured I'd get to do both.

Now ... WHM > RDM for me.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

i had at first disregarded this game as crap when i heard it was online and you had to pay a monthly fee. but after reading the sales pitch on amazon for CoP, then the original game combined with RotZ, i came away with a completely wrong understanding of this game. so i bought it and started playing as a war. i soon found out that every thing the sales pitch led you to believe was true but not in the way they made it sound. anyway, after being lost and confused for 3 different characters, i was leveling to 10 then sending all my stuff and gil to my main character before deleting the mule and doing it again, i found someone who explained a few things about what i was missing. so i then lvled war on my main character to 18 and did the sub job quest. then once i started to lvl mnk for a sub for war i simply fell in love with the mnk. when i went back to war to lvl it to 37 i found i hated the job, but forced myself to do it anyway. so war was my first but mnk was my first true love. i know that was more then you asked for but i am a little wierd that way.
                            Death and taxes...
                            Death and taxes...
                            DEATH and taxes...
                            I think I like it.

Comment

I started as THF over four years ago. I've always liked the sneaky and swift jobs in MMORPG's, like thieves and archers and whathaveyou. I got my thief to 32 before I switched to WHM, made a couple of new characters on a couple of different servers before settling on Caitsith and WHM'ing myself to 75. And that was my main until a couple of months ago when I got burned out.
                              The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

Working...
                              X