X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best DD ?

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
    Time Mage is the best DD EVAR!!!

Period. That's it, none other. Game over!

No reason to level anything else. TIM is all!
    It's true. Time Mage can destroy the space-time continuum.

Comment

I am also a really mage style player so far. I have RDM and BLM lvled with WHM soon to be there. I decided that afterward, however long that takes, If I am still playing I will lvl DD jobs instead of yet another mage job. My choices are Ranger and Dark. Scholar might side track me though its such a fun job for a person that likes macros and casting.
      Apothecary Owner
      Mithra
      BLM 75
      RDM 75

Comment

Any Melee you can get to 75 and not hate is the best DD, well... apart from lolTHF...

Comment

This is a question that can't really be answered by someone else. The "best" DD in terms of fun is... well, whatever you find the most fun. Try lots of them. That said, there are questions you can ask yourself to help narrow the field: simple or complex? Damage over time or spike damage? Is being popular important? How about soloability? -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
            there are questions you can ask yourself to help narrow the field: simple or complex? Damage over time or spike damage? Is being popular important? How about soloability? -- Pteryx
            The answer to them all is "Yes" if you're a Time Mage.

Comment

Well fundamentally I know that when it comes to it I will have to decide what I like, luckily I have all 20 jobs open so the possiilites are endless. I am a mage at heart and I love playing my RDM, but now I wanna get in to handing out some frontline Butt Whoopins! I like the PLD AF gear but I REALLY like being able to swing a G Sword. I think I gonna try War out for a while and then maybe PLD or SAM. I like those Big weapons. SAM may prove to be a good choice since I am moving into cloth crafting at the same time. I lik playing BLU as well but like a DA I commited it to a static pty so It gets left to the wayside. DNC is intresting to me as I see a fellow LS mate just handing out MAssive DPS when we duo but not really sure I would be intrested in it. Anyways ty all for the post
              Dahc Ramuh server
              San D'Oria Rank 6
              RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

Define "best DD"?

Best DPS: mnk
                Zerg kings: kc drk, rng, mnk, war
                TP king: sam
                Most efficient DD: blm

Overall: Under the right circumstances...any job can shine and do crazy damage. Also note, all jobs come with draw backs that first need to be overcome (mnk=belt quests, drk=rather hard to obtain gear, blu=learn all spells, etc.).

Blm and war are probably the easiest out DD category for doing good damage. Like it's been stated...pick a DD based on your preferences.

On a sidenote: you can make pld/sam do respectable damage with g.swd but requires quite abit of work (algol, homam gear, g.swd merits, etc.). Also, non-xp wise, rdm/nin can dish out pretty good dps...but like pld/sam...requires quite abit of effort and work.

Comment

Working...
                X