Best DD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DD ?

Was just wondering what you guys think is the best DD job to play. I want to take a break from the RDM and most all mage role and git into some hard hitting DD play. I got around to lvling BLU today but conserned with all the having to get spells that bother me. Then after that I tried PUP and was note really into it

So what would be a great DD that is fun to play
    Dahc Ramuh server
    San D'Oria Rank 6
    RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Re: Best DD ?

Originally posted by Dahc View Post
    Was just wondering what you guys think is the best DD job to play. I want to take a break from the RDM and most all mage role and git into some hard hitting DD play. I got around to lvling BLU today but conserned with all the having to get spells that bother me. Then after that I tried PUP and was note really into it

So what would be a great DD that is fun to play
    Well, I haven't played in a while, but back in the day, Monk and Dark Knight were great DDs. Don't know if that holds true now.

Comment

The best DD is the one you enjoy playing the most. Give em all a spin and see which fits your style. I like shooting things or charming critters to kill stuff. My approach is often indirect but rather painful for the enemy.

That is all.

Comment

WAR/MNK. Nothing to unlock.

Just have good Great Axe and reasonable DD and tanking gear for the level. Can tank your way to Lv.30+, so at least getting a party won't be too much of a trouble. Always bring bring both attack type and defense type food. And, some type of ranged weapon for pulling.

Shield Break at start of the fight, whether tanking or DD. Sturmwind for laughs when on DD setup, if you wish.

If you find yourself liking the job, you would have to level /SAM and /NIN for it. (Maybe /DNC as well, but that's not a standard, yet.)
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

The best dd's are War/Nin Ridill And Mnk/Nin BB. Sam is also a great dd.
          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

In my rather obviously biased opinion, I'll have to promote Dragoon and Blue Mage as contenders. No, they're not DWAM (Dual Wield Axe Monkey) WAR/NIN McRidillberks or MNK/NIN BBguns, but they're mostly all about doing their DD thing with little to no consequence, which I find highly attractive. Being able to get away with free Weapon Skills constantly (DRG/SAM) or Stun-locking my chosen prey, taking little damage in the process, while I simply rip them apart (BLU/PLD or BLU/NIN) really gives me a rush, so that's what I go for.

Paladin, Dancer, and Corsair also are enjoyable, for various reasons. I rarely bust out my Corsair these days, but that's mainly because I'm not in a LS that'd make use of it, and my Paladin (63) and Dancer (57) are still both in the process of being built, but they're both hella fun to play.

I relish the thrill of combat, and I have quite a few ways to go about enjoying it, either by myself, or in a group setting. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Now I am very partial to playing BLU. Even tho getting the spells are a pian in the butt. I love the DD capability of the BLU. Yesterday while lvling my 13 BLU I was taking out T mobs left and right with no problem. I was dropping sheep easy! Now that the kind of power I am looking for. I have also considered doing MNK or DNC but BLu seems more appealing. but how much of A DD is BLU in a pty.

Then again I absolutely love using th GSword with my WAR/PLD I like the power it has!
              Dahc Ramuh server
              San D'Oria Rank 6
              RDM 68 WHM 38 BLM 22 PLD 35 SAM 15 NIN 15 WAR 10 BST 34 THF 15 MNK 10 SMN 10 DRK 10 DRG 14 BRD 15 PUP 12 COR 10 RNG 10 BLU 19 DNC 20 SCH 15

Comment

Yeah, BLU is a powerhouse in low levels, and it does respectable damage and holds its own very good in parties. It's every bit as much of a DD as it can be a healer and support, but you'll rarely see those aspects of it.

Blue Mage is built for the front line. Swing that sword and cast those physical spells. Make that monster feel it!
                Last edited by LilithAngel; 03-28-2008, 05:33 AM. Reason: Then eat its soul afterwards. MMMMM mmmm tasty! >:)

Comment

/sits and watches everyone say "My DD is the best DD."

Comment

DRK is the most powerful DD in the game without question, however reaching that pinnacle requires one hell of a commitment and ungodly sums of gil (see Kraken Club and Apocalypse).

Putting those items aside, every DD is great in different situations. Just try one and see if you like it.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

BRD is the best DD.

Comment

In my opinion there is no "Best DD". It all depends on how you like to play, personal preference and all that jazz. I like Samurai, not much reasoning behind it, I just do. In the higher levels thanks to its Store TP Job Trait, subbing DNC with it, I've seen SAM/DNC and BRD/WHM main heal a merit party with no problem. It all depends on how well the party plays their own respective jobs of course.

Comment

I'm not a fan of 'best' classes, just the most fun for me War/Nin and Drg/War are a lot of fun and the main DD classes i've ever played - it's just fantastic being a dragoon xD lots and lots of fun - if you want to go for some evil damage drg/thf is fun to backstab w/penta strike ^_^b
                          sigpic

Comment

Puppetmaster!

Comment

Time Mage is the best DD EVAR!!!

Period. That's it, none other. Game over!

No reason to level anything else. TIM is all!
                              Last edited by LilithAngel; 03-28-2008, 01:46 PM. Reason: So level your TIM properly like everyone else, or you're GIMP!!! GIIIIIIMMPPP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X