FF Jobs not in FFXI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FF Jobs not in FFXI

Why are character-specific jobs not valid as possible new jobs for FFXI?
    Because they're character-specific. They represent uniqueness within a job. Aside from the fact that many character-specific "jobs" occur in games without a clean-cut job system.
    You say it not a job, its a profession. Does that even make sense?
    Do you consider Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Alchemy, and all the other crafting skills jobs? No, they're stuff you do for money. Same as being a "SOLDIER" in the FFVII universe. Sephiroth was a SOLDIER, he used a huge Katana. Cloud was a SOLDIER, he uses a 200 lb two-handed sword. And if S-E felt like it, there could've been a SOLDIER that uses a pole.

Comment

I don't think that should be any reason to make the job invalid. So, SE can just expand on the idea and evolve it a little. They've done it before... And, its not like they care if jobs are SIMILAR anyway. How about COR/BRD/DANCER, WAR/MNK/SAM, or DRG/PUP?
      Current Server: Asura
      Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
      Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
      Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
      Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
      Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
        I don't think that should be any reason to make the job invalid. So, SE can just expand on the idea and evolve it a little. They've done it before...
        True, they can take the name of Soldier, and slap some abilities with it. But currently, it is not a job. There were hundreds of soldiers in FFVII, Cloud was only one. His abilities represented his character, not his job.

The only way to determine the actual classes of characters in games like FFVII with no real job systems is to look at their natural abilities. And with Cloud, he used special sword techniques and attacks...similar to Samurai.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

(Off Topic)
          Soldier: Maybe have the ability to increase TP to 100% (5 or 10 minute ability)
          Dancer: The new healer (to seperate them from COR/BRD)
          Vehicle Job/Engineer/Choco Knight?: A job that can summon a vehicle to use during a battle

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

OMG where's the /bitchslap command on these forums.

Soldier was a freaking class of its own in FFTA

NAME: Soldier
            OVERVIEW: This class shares many abilities with Knight, but since it is a starter class, it is considered a Fighter.
            WEAPONS: Great Sword, Sword
            ABILITIES/MAGIC:
            # Battle Skill: First Aid - Heals HP and status
            # Powerbreak - Lowers enemy's strength
            # Mindbreak - Lowers enemy's magic power
            # Magicbreak - Lowers enemy's MP
            # Speedbreak - Lowers enemy's speed
            # Mug - Damages target and steals gil
            # Provoke - Causes "Berserk"
            # Sensor - Detect target's hidden equipment
            Reaction Abilities: None
            Support Abilities: Monkey Grip (hold two-handed sword in one hand), Shieldbearer (equip any shield)
            Combo: Combat Combo
            ATTRIBUTES: Low MP

(ripped from www.ffcompendium.com/ as soon as i remembered they have a big ass jobs section)

Yes Soldier is like fighter, though as FFTA had several Knight like classes they all are in that same old plain DD category.... but oh wait... yes that’s right, half the melee DD in FFXI could be classes as a fighter from FFI so why don't we get into semantics!

Comment

Bam! LOL. So, any jobs we missed on that site?

Comment

A few probably, I'm looking it over, I realy should go have a shower though.

FFTA i think has every job you could call a FF job, but did it have Dancer and Gambler? I realy can;t remember. I think only a few jobs wern;t included.

I should knowe they on that website class WAR as a KNIGHT not a FIGHTER, and Soldier was classed in Fighter

Comment

Chocobo Knight is lame since it's just a normal Paladin on a chocobo. Even if it weren't, what's the point of the chocobo?

That aside, Squire shouldn't even be on that list. It's a gimp job - it's a noob fighter. It's not supposed to be good or on par with all the others. Hell, it's even below the other job you get at the beginning of FFT (Chemist.) And Holy Knight = Paladin.

Comment

FYI, Warrior in the JP Client = Soldier.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      FYI, Warrior in the JP Client = Soldier.
                      May I have your babies?

Comment

Working...
                      X