Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF Jobs not in FFXI

Hello All,

I've played each FF except 12, which I can't seem to bring myself to do since they changed the fighting style. Anyway, I'm having a hard time remembering, but I thought it'd be cool if we got a list going.

Legend:
    (JOBX)=Pretty much covered by another already
    (*)=Possible FFXI job and needs work

What FF jobs are not in FFXI yet?

Thanks,
    Evion

1. Temple Knight (RDM?)
    2. Squire *
    3. Holy Knight *
    4. Mediator *
    5. Calculator *
    6. Mystic Knight *
    7. Geomancer *
    8. Time Mage (Should be released with WoTG?)
    9. Mime (BLU?)
    10. Morpher (BLU/BST)
    11. Chemist (Any Job)
    12. Onion Knight (Any DD Job)
    13. Archer (RNG)
    14. Berserker (WAR)
    15. Fighter (WAR)
    16. Gunner (RNG)
    17. Scholar *
    18. Fencer *
    19. Gadgeteer *
    20. Gladiator (WAR/DRK/MNK)
    21. Hermetic *
    22. Illusionist *
    23. Juggler (Dancer/COR?)
    24. Mog Knight (Not gonna happen)
    25. Runeseeker (?)
    26. Soldier (WAR)
    27. Judge *
    28. Dancer (Should be release with WoTG?)
    29. Engineer (PUP?)
    30. Viking (WAR)
    31. More...
    Last edited by Evion; 10-29-2007, 07:18 AM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: FF Jobs not in FFXI

Off the top of my head

Mystic Knight
    Geomancer
    Time Mage
    Mime
    Morpher
    Chemist
    Onion Knight

I'm sure there's more, I'm just not remembering. But I'm also staying away from the FFT only jobs...especially onces used by special characters like Temple Knight and such, as those are less job classes and more Character classes.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Archer (sort of)
      berserker
      fighter (sort of)
      gunner (COR is a gambler)
      scholar
      fencer (sort of)
      Gadgeteer
      gladiator (sort of)
      Hermetic
      Illusionist My bet for one of the new jobs allong with a new tank!
      Juggler
      Mog knight
      Runeseeker
      Soldier
      JUDGE!

Can't remember which of these were from FFT, I think a couple are, but i know gunner, loljudge, berserker and gadgeteer were on multiple games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
        Archer (sort of)
        berserker
        fighter (sort of)
        gunner (COR is a gambler)
        scholar
        fencer (sort of)
        Gadgeteer
        gladiator (sort of)
        Hermetic
        Illusionist My bet for one of the new jobs allong with a new tank!
        Juggler
        Mog knight
        Runeseeker
        Soldier
        JUDGE!
        Can't remember which of these were from FFT, I think a couple are, but i know gunner, loljudge, berserker and gadgeteer were on multiple games.
        The entire list, with the exception of Berserker and soldier, is from FFTA, and most of them including Judge and Gadgeteer were only on FFTA. Though judges showed up in FFXII, they were villians not characters.

And in regards to the list:

Rng is Archer and Gunner, in every sense
        War is Berserker/Fighter/Gladiator
        Soldier isn't a job class, it's a profession in FFVII
        Mog Knight is again not a class cause you'd need to be a Mog to be a Mog Knight
        Pup is sort of a Juggler/Gadgeteer
        And Runeseeker, Scholar, and "Hermetic" are all character classes in that they belong to a single character.

Fencer and Illusionist are the only real unique 'classes' on there, but they only really showed up in FFTA.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Just because one job is similar to another, doesn't mean its not a real job. So, your whole theory is pretty much shot... You say it not a job, its a profession. Does that even make sense? Anyway, I'm just trying to make a list of past jobs that could possibly be in FFXI. I suppose Mog Knight won't fly...

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Barret, vincent and irvine were all gunners, gunners use only guns, aerchers use only bows, ramnger use both. Also see FFX-2 gunner

Soldier was a class in FFT I added it because of the cry for a tank and we're going to the past which was highley militarised. And we're running out of tankable classic classes.

PUP is a bloody necromancer wannabe not a juggler

Runeseeker, Scholar, and Hermetic, err they're still seperate classes which is what we're listing ¬,¬

just remember CId in FFIV was an "engineer" though i think he shared skills with a scholar. I think.

Comment

We really need a job like Mediator. Someone who can cast the Don't Talk, Move, and Petrify. Similar to the RDM, but -sword skil + ranged abilities...

Comment

You can choose to use only a Gun as RNG and then you're a gunner woot! You can choose to use only a bow/xbow as RNG and theen you're an Archer woot! Separating them into two different jobs, when RNG is obviously both is just getting into semantics.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Stuff that we need VIKING!

God how'd i forget viking, possible new tank #1 with leetest AF ever XD

You can choose to use only a Gun as RNG and then you're a gunner woot! You can choose to use only a bow/xbow as RNG and theen you're an Archer woot! Separating them into two different jobs, when RNG is obviously both is just getting into semantics.
                  Work out what this topic is for before i tar and feather you and claim thats a new class!

Comment

Viking was a job? Which FF?

For those who would like to make a distinction on which of these jobs is covered by a current job, I'll try to make a legend for it...

Comment

Archer is essentially RNG really.
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
                        Just because one job is similar to another, doesn't mean its not a real job. So, your whole theory is pretty much shot... You say it not a job, its a profession. Does that even make sense? Anyway, I'm just trying to make a list of past jobs that could possibly be in FFXI. I suppose Mog Knight won't fly...
                        ...by Profession I mean that is what Cloud did to make money in the game. His class was closer to Samurai or Fighter, but his Profession was Soldier...just like so many other random battles you fought against other Soldiers.

And yes, because one job can do what other jobs have done it makes them the same class. FFXI is a different type of environment so changes to some jobs and mixing of others was needed.

As a list of possible jobs that can work in FFXI, slight variations of ones we currently have won't work.

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
                        Barret, vincent and irvine were all gunners, gunners use only guns, aerchers use only bows, ramnger use both. Also see FFX-2 gunner
                        Soldier was a class in FFT I added it because of the cry for a tank and we're going to the past which was highley militarised. And we're running out of tankable classic classes.
                        PUP is a bloody necromancer wannabe not a juggler
                        Runeseeker, Scholar, and Hermetic, err they're still seperate classes which is what we're listing ¬,¬
                        just remember CId in FFIV was an "engineer" though i think he shared skills with a scholar. I think.
                        Barret and Irvine were "rangers" who used Guns. In FFXI Gunner and Archer were combined into one class because they were always so similar. Vincent was more of a Berserker/Morpher who's basic attack was a gun. But his special attacks consisted of becoming a Monster in and of itself, which suggests Morpher, the class that becomes a Monster, to me.

Soldier wasn't a class in FFT, it was Cloud. He was the one and only "Soldier" in that game. To me, that's not a job class as it is a Character specific Class. Same with Runeseeker, Scholar and "Hermetic". Again, Soldier isn't as much of a "Job Class" as it is an actual Job. It would be like saying Iron Musketeer is a job class in FFXI.

Pup is a mix of Engineer, Necro and "Juggler", it's a job that uses machines as a slave to entertain.

And Viking would rock. I'm hoping that "Strongman/Wrestler/Viking" tank job rumor ends up being true so I can lvl it, sub War and make a voke macro:

/p YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
                        /em throws a garbage can

P.S. Barbarian would be the best name for it imo

Comment

Why are character-specific jobs not valid as possible new jobs for FFXI?

Comment

Viking was a job? Which FF?
                            That'd be 3. It's where Provoke comes from (and in the DS remake, they even get the arms-out and inexplicable ball of sparklies animation).
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Why are character-specific jobs not valid as possible new jobs for FFXI?
                              Because they were often based around a specific character, an integral part of that stories game, highly specific in it's abilities, frequently redundant and horridly over/underpowered.

Comment

Working...
                              X